[OT]: good counter, possibly for a framesetter

Alberto

Hallo

sorry for the off topic, though somewhat web related. I normally stick to
javascript so I hope you'll be indulgent with this to date unique exception
by me.

Where can I find a good counter for free? Adding the gif doesn't bother me.
What I mean for good is this:

1) has ample referral statistics (say I can check the referrals of the last
50 visitors at_least)
2) works, that is the server is not too often down
3) I can set the starting number: I have just left a counter I used for over
2 years.
4) is free (one ad is ok)

Ideally, if it would allow for its code being inserted in the FRAMESETTER
window and the gif to be shown in the main FRAMED document, that would be
great.

tia

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Alberto said:
sorry for the off topic,
No.

though somewhat web related.
And?

I normally stick to javascript so I hope you'll be indulgent
with this to date unique exception by me.

Newsgroups are not for certain people, they are for certain topics.
The topic of the newsgroup could be called "ECMAScript and its
implementations".
Where can I find a good counter for free?

There are many free counters, Google will tell you. But you
don't want one. Get a good server log evaluation tool instead.
Adding the gif doesn't bother me.

But it bothers your users, trust me.
What I mean for good is this:
[...]

Counters are a Bad Thing. The arguments are in short:

1. Counters increase network load
2. Counters waste computing time
3. Counters never work as supposed
4. Nobody cares about counters

PointedEars, removing his counters soon
(although they at least don't display numbers)