  1. Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
    text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

    CHeers
    ={ Advocated }=, Sep 19, 2003

  2. ={ Advocated }= wrote:

    > Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
    > text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

    Eudora? Becky? Thunderbird? The Bat?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Sep 19, 2003

  3. ={ Advocated }=

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "={ Advocated }="
    <> writing in

    Pegasus - http://www.pmail.com

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Sep 19, 2003
  4. ={ Advocated }=

    kayodeok Guest

    "={ Advocated }=" <> wrote in

    > Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
    > express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im
    > sick of all the spam and crap

    I use The Bat ver 1.62. Current Version is 2.0 from
    http://www.ritlabs.com

    <rant>
    I won't be upgrading as ver 2.0 offers the ability to do HTML
    </rant>

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/
    kayodeok, Sep 19, 2003
  5. Re: Good email prog?

    While the city slept, ={ Advocated }= <> feverishly
    typed:

    > Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
    > express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of
    > all the spam and crap

    You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is the
    reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    "How strange the change from major to minor..."
    nice.guy.nige, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Re: Good email prog?

    "nice.guy.nige" <> wrote in message
    > While the city slept, ={ Advocated }= <>

    feverishly
    > typed:
    >
    > > Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
    > > express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of
    > > all the spam and crap

    > You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is

    the
    > reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nige
    >
    > --
    > Nigel Moss.
    >
    > Email address is not valid. . Take the dog out!
    > http://www.nigenet.org.uk | Boycott E$$O!! http://www.stopesso.com
    > "How strange the change from major to minor..."

    no im not, but it doesnt stop it does it
    ={ Advocated }=, Sep 20, 2003
  7. ={ Advocated }=

    Csaba2000 Guest

    Re: Good email prog?

    As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
    is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
    not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
    Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
    it sends out email?

    I have a PHP app that is responding to people registering
    on a website of mine, and it sends out emails (via
    http://PostCastServer.com). And it does its thing OK, only it
    bugs me that it inserts this extra header (near as I can tell
    it's a bug, which I submitted, but no response). It's just
    one of those things that I eventually want to clean up.

    Regards,
    Csaba Gabor from New York

    Other pending off topic question:
    1) Is there a forum that deals with discussion of copying DVDs

    Csaba2000, Sep 20, 2003
  8. Re: Good email prog?

    ={ Advocated }= wrote:
    > how can i make OE text only?

    Ensure you have ie6/sp1

    Tools --> Options --> Read

    checkbox: Read all messages in plain text

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Sep 20, 2003
  9. Re: Good email prog?

    Csaba2000 wrote:

    > As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
    > is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
    > not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
    > Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
    > it sends out email?

    You could try installing Cygwin with SSMTP.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    playing://ryan_adams/gold_uk_version/14_touch_feel_and_lose.ogg
    Toby A Inkster, Sep 20, 2003
  10. kayodeok wrote:

    > <rant>
    > I won't be upgrading as ver 2.0 offers the ability to do HTML
    > </rant>

    But it doesn't *force* you to.

    Toby A Inkster, Sep 20, 2003