OT: Good email prog?

={ Advocated }=

Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

CHeers

Toby A Inkster

={ Advocated }= said:
Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

Eudora? Becky? Thunderbird? The Bat?

kayodeok

Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im
sick of all the spam and crap

I use The Bat ver 1.62. Current Version is 2.0 from
http://www.ritlabs.com

<rant>
I won't be upgrading as ver 2.0 offers the ability to do HTML
</rant>

nice.guy.nige

Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of
all the spam and crap

You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is the
reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

={ Advocated }=

nice.guy.nige said:
While the city slept, ={ Advocated }= <[email protected]> feverishly

You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is the
reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."
no im not, but it doesnt stop it does it

Csaba2000

As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
it sends out email?

I have a PHP app that is responding to people registering
on a website of mine, and it sends out emails (via
http://PostCastServer.com). And it does its thing OK, only it
bugs me that it inserts this extra header (near as I can tell
it's a bug, which I submitted, but no response). It's just
one of those things that I eventually want to clean up.

Regards,
Csaba Gabor from New York

Other pending off topic question:
1) Is there a forum that deals with discussion of copying DVDs

Toby A Inkster

Csaba2000 said:
As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
it sends out email?

You could try installing Cygwin with SSMTP.