[OT] good web icons source?

KKramsch

This is probably a very naive question but where can I find a
good source for typical web icons (e.g. navigation arrows, "more-info"
symbols, etc.). Everything that I've found via Google has been
either prohitively expensive or useless (at best).

Thanks!

Karl

KKramsch

Thanks, but the icons I found at those sites are far fancier than
I need. Maybe I'm not searching those sites correctly; or maybe
the images I'm looking for are too simple to be called "icons"...
I'm looking for the most *rock-bottom-basic*, 2-3 colors tops,
*dingbats*, e.g. a little colored circle with a white lowercase
"i" or "?" in the center, signalling "click here to get more info",
or a little isosceles triangle pointing to the right to indicate
"next".

Karl

kaeli

Thanks, but the icons I found at those sites are far fancier than
I need. Maybe I'm not searching those sites correctly; or maybe
the images I'm looking for are too simple to be called "icons"...
I'm looking for the most *rock-bottom-basic*, 2-3 colors tops,
*dingbats*, e.g. a little colored circle with a white lowercase
"i" or "?" in the center, signalling "click here to get more info",
or a little isosceles triangle pointing to the right to indicate
"next".

I could make my own with templates from my graphics program.
Do you have a graphics program?

If you have something specific in mind, let me know. Post here - I don't
check my mail daily.
I'll post them on my server and you can just copy them to your server.

See
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/exampleIcons.jpg

KKramsch

I could make my own with templates from my graphics program.
Do you have a graphics program?

Yeah, I went ahead and did just that. I just find it hard to
understand how come I can find several freely accessible repositories
on the web chock-full with high-quality source code, I can't find
one serving a stinking "i" icon... I just don't get it.

Karl