    My guess is that Google is in the process of deploying the fix, and it
    hasn't yet propagated to all their servers. Either that, or I just
    saw a temporary glitch -- or I'm hallucinating.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 11, 2006

  2. Keith Thompson wrote:
    > When I tried clicking on the "Reply" link at the bottom of a message,
    > I got a text box that included the previous message, properly quoted,
    > the same behavior as the "Reply" link in the "Show Options" menu.
    > (The cursor is still at the top of the text box, which encourages
    > top-posting.)
    >
    > The bad news: I just tried it again, and I got the old broken
    > interface.

    Some experimentation suggests that you get the broken interface if you
    are already signed in. If you are not signed in, or if you sign out
    again before trying to reply, you will get the working interface.

    This feels like a bug rather than a design problem.

    -thomas

    Thomas Lumley
    "Lisp is still #1 for key algorithmic techniques such as recursion and
    condescension" - Verity Stob.
    Thomas Lumley, Jan 16, 2006