    like they finally got smart?

    Anyway, should be less newbies quoting wrong because they are in google
    now.

    Noah Roberts, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Noah Roberts

    Geo Guest

    Noah Roberts wrote:
    > Many may be happy to know that it appears google has fixed their reply
    > mechanism. For the past few days the default reply button has appeared
    > as:
    >
    > Reply>>
    >
    > This does quoting the way it is supposed to. No longer do you have to
    > make the *right* reply button appear by clicking "more options". Looks
    > like they finally got smart?
    >
    > Anyway, should be less newbies quoting wrong because they are in google
    > now.

    Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
    the only usenet access we have. But yes, it's good they fixed the
    Reply.

    Geo, Jun 8, 2006

  3. Noah Roberts

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Geo wrote:

    > Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
    > the only usenet access we have.

    Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
    believe you.

    Noah Roberts, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Noah Roberts

    W Marsh Guest

    On 8 Jun 2006 08:56:20 -0700, "Noah Roberts" <>
    wrote:

    >Geo wrote:
    >
    >> Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
    >> the only usenet access we have.

    >Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
    >believe you.

    Now, if only Google could do something about the irritating elitist
    cuntbags...

    W Marsh, Jun 8, 2006
  5. Noah Roberts

    Noah Roberts Guest

    W Marsh wrote:
    > On 8 Jun 2006 08:56:20 -0700, "Noah Roberts" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >Geo wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
    > >> the only usenet access we have.

    > >Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
    > >believe you.

    > Now, if only Google could do something about the irritating elitist
    > cuntbags...

    Heh, for "not newbies" you guys don't pay very good attention.

    Noah Roberts, Jun 8, 2006
  6. Noah Roberts

    phlip Guest

    Noah Roberts wrote:

    > Geo wrote:
    >
    >> Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
    >> the only usenet access we have.

    > Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
    > believe you.

    Don't be a jerk, Noah. Some people work with ISPs or employers or schools
    that don't conduct NNTP, only HTTP. Flaming them won't help their network
    administrators get off their butts.

    --
    Phlip

    phlip, Jun 8, 2006
  7. Noah Roberts

    Noah Roberts Guest

    phlip wrote:
    > Noah Roberts wrote:
    >
    > > Geo wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
    > >> the only usenet access we have.

    > > Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
    > > believe you.

    > Don't be a jerk, Noah. Some people work with ISPs or employers or schools
    > that don't conduct NNTP, only HTTP. Flaming them won't help their network
    > administrators get off their butts.

    Well, I digress...you guys are just too smart for me. I always jump to
    assumptions and get an attitude about shit that isn't even real before
    I even bother checking my facts. One of these days I'll learn I guess.

    Noah Roberts, Jun 8, 2006
  8. Noah Roberts

    red floyd Guest

    Noah Roberts wrote:
    > phlip wrote:
    >> Noah Roberts wrote:

    >>> Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
    >>> believe you.

    >> Don't be a jerk, Noah. Some people work with ISPs or employers or schools
    >> that don't conduct NNTP, only HTTP. Flaming them won't help their network
    >> administrators get off their butts.

    > Well, I digress...you guys are just too smart for me. I always jump to
    > assumptions and get an attitude about shit that isn't even real before
    > I even bother checking my facts. One of these days I'll learn I guess.

    Noah, you are obviously in violation of the Americans with Disabilities
    Act. You need to put <HUMOR> tags in for the humor-impaired.

    red floyd, Jun 8, 2006
  9. Noah Roberts

    Default User Guest

    Noah Roberts wrote:

    > Many may be happy to know that it appears google has fixed their reply
    > mechanism. For the past few days the default reply button has
    > appeared as:
    >
    > Reply>>
    >
    > This does quoting the way it is supposed to. No longer do you have to
    > make the right reply button appear by clicking "more options". Looks
    > like they finally got smart?
    >
    > Anyway, should be less newbies quoting wrong because they are in
    > google now.

    Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google Groups
    also has the change? I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher
    degree than I'd expect.

    Brian

    Default User, Jun 8, 2006
  10. Noah Roberts

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Default User wrote:
    > Noah Roberts wrote:
    >
    > > Many may be happy to know that it appears google has fixed their reply
    > > mechanism. For the past few days the default reply button has
    > > appeared as:
    > >
    > > Reply>>
    > >
    > > This does quoting the way it is supposed to. No longer do you have to
    > > make the right reply button appear by clicking "more options". Looks
    > > like they finally got smart?
    > >
    > > Anyway, should be less newbies quoting wrong because they are in
    > > google now.

    > Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google Groups
    > also has the change? I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher
    > degree than I'd expect.

    I can't say, I am in the US and I'm just speaking to what I see using
    the interface.

    Noah Roberts, Jun 8, 2006
  11. Noah Roberts

    Noah Roberts Guest

    red floyd wrote:
    > Noah, you are obviously in violation of the Americans with Disabilities
    > Act. You need to put <HUMOR> tags in for the humor-impaired.

    So, do they fine you for that or just execute you?

    ;)

    Noah Roberts, Jun 8, 2006
  12. Noah Roberts

    red floyd Guest

    Noah Roberts wrote:
    > red floyd wrote:
    >> Noah, you are obviously in violation of the Americans with Disabilities
    >> Act. You need to put <HUMOR> tags in for the humor-impaired.

    > So, do they fine you for that or just execute you?
    >
    > ;)

    <HUMOR>
    See! You did it again!!!! :)

    It's eminently clear that you need to be executed for that, to prevent
    it from occurring in the future.
    </HUMOR>

    red floyd, Jun 8, 2006
  13. Noah Roberts

    Old Wolf Guest

    > Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google Groups
    > also has the change?

    groups.google.co.nz has it

    > I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher degree than I'd expect.

    I'm sure there are a bunch of people who just delete all that
    annoying crud that's appeared in their reply window.

    Old Wolf, Jun 9, 2006
  14. Noah Roberts

    Old Wolf wrote:

    > Default User wrote:
    > > Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google
    > > Groups also has the change?

    > groups.google.co.nz has it
    >
    > > I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher degree than I'd expect.

    > I'm sure there are a bunch of people who just delete all that
    > annoying crud that's appeared in their reply window.

    That's possible, but it would be good know. There's no point in giving
    the standard instructions on how to quote if that's not the deal.

    Brian

    Default User, Jun 9, 2006
  15. Default User wrote:
    > Old Wolf wrote:
    > > Default User wrote:

    > > > Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google
    > > > Groups also has the change?

    > > groups.google.co.nz has it
    > >
    > > > I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher degree than I'd expect.

    > > I'm sure there are a bunch of people who just delete all that
    > > annoying crud that's appeared in their reply window.

    > That's possible, but it would be good know. There's no point in giving
    > the standard instructions on how to quote if that's not the deal.

    uk is fixed

    --
    Nick Keighley

    Nick Keighley, Jun 9, 2006