OT: google groups reply

Noah Roberts

Many may be happy to know that it appears google has fixed their reply
mechanism. For the past few days the default reply button has appeared
as:

Reply>>

This does quoting the way it is supposed to. No longer do you have to
make the *right* reply button appear by clicking "more options". Looks
like they finally got smart?

Anyway, should be less newbies quoting wrong because they are in google
now.

Geo

Noah said:
Many may be happy to know that it appears google has fixed their reply
mechanism. For the past few days the default reply button has appeared
as:

Reply>>

This does quoting the way it is supposed to. No longer do you have to
make the *right* reply button appear by clicking "more options". Looks
like they finally got smart?

Anyway, should be less newbies quoting wrong because they are in google
now.

Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
the only usenet access we have. But yes, it's good they fixed the
Reply.

Noah Roberts

Geo said:
Hey, not everyone using Google Groups is a 'nwebie' for some of us it's
the only usenet access we have.

Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
believe you.

W Marsh

Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
believe you.

Now, if only Google could do something about the irritating elitist
cuntbags...

Noah Roberts

W said:
Now, if only Google could do something about the irritating elitist
cuntbags...

Heh, for "not newbies" you guys don't pay very good attention.

phlip

Noah said:
Really? There are such people? Are you sure? I don't know that I
believe you.

Don't be a jerk, Noah. Some people work with ISPs or employers or schools
that don't conduct NNTP, only HTTP. Flaming them won't help their network
administrators get off their butts.

Noah Roberts

phlip said:
Don't be a jerk, Noah. Some people work with ISPs or employers or schools
that don't conduct NNTP, only HTTP. Flaming them won't help their network
administrators get off their butts.

Well, I digress...you guys are just too smart for me. I always jump to
assumptions and get an attitude about shit that isn't even real before
I even bother checking my facts. One of these days I'll learn I guess.

red floyd

Noah said:
Well, I digress...you guys are just too smart for me. I always jump to
assumptions and get an attitude about shit that isn't even real before
I even bother checking my facts. One of these days I'll learn I guess.

Noah, you are obviously in violation of the Americans with Disabilities
Act. You need to put <HUMOR> tags in for the humor-impaired.

Default User

Noah said:
Many may be happy to know that it appears google has fixed their reply
mechanism. For the past few days the default reply button has
appeared as:

Reply>>

This does quoting the way it is supposed to. No longer do you have to
make the right reply button appear by clicking "more options". Looks
like they finally got smart?

Anyway, should be less newbies quoting wrong because they are in
google now.

Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google Groups
also has the change? I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher
degree than I'd expect.

Brian

Noah Roberts

Default said:
Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google Groups
also has the change? I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher
degree than I'd expect.

I can't say, I am in the US and I'm just speaking to what I see using
the interface.

Noah Roberts

red said:
Noah, you are obviously in violation of the Americans with Disabilities
Act. You need to put <HUMOR> tags in for the humor-impaired.

So, do they fine you for that or just execute you?

;)

red floyd

Noah said:
So, do they fine you for that or just execute you?

;)

<HUMOR>
See! You did it again!!!! :)

It's eminently clear that you need to be executed for that, to prevent
it from occurring in the future.
</HUMOR>

Old Wolf

Has it been confirmed that the various non-US version of Google Groups
also has the change?

groups.google.co.nz has it
I'm still seeing non-quote posts to a higher degree than I'd expect.

I'm sure there are a bunch of people who just delete all that
annoying crud that's appeared in their reply window.

Old said:
groups.google.co.nz has it

I'm sure there are a bunch of people who just delete all that
annoying crud that's appeared in their reply window.

That's possible, but it would be good know. There's no point in giving
the standard instructions on how to quote if that's not the deal.

Brian

Nick Keighley

That's possible, but it would be good know. There's no point in giving
the standard instructions on how to quote if that's not the deal.

uk is fixed