    quoting of previous message in replies".

    <http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>

    Go vote.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Keith Thompson

    Guest

    Re: Google survey

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    > features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
    > quoting of previous message in replies".
    >
    > <http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>
    >
    > Go vote.

    Done.

    Maybe now I won't be the only person in the universe who knows how to
    quote from Google.

    , Nov 17, 2005

  3. Keith Thompson

    bb Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    > features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
    > quoting of previous message in replies".
    >
    > <http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>
    >
    > Go vote.

    Let me guess - their default will be to quote below the new post.
    bb, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Keith Thompson

    haroon Guest

    Re: Google survey

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    > features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
    > quoting of previous message in replies".

    I think it's already there. check this post...

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/msg/c89012adb857d49c
    haroon, Nov 17, 2005
  5. Re: Google survey

    "haroon" <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    >> features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
    >> quoting of previous message in replies".

    > I think it's already there. check this post...
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/msg/c89012adb857d49c

    You haven't been following this newsgroup lately, have you?

    Yes, there's a workaround for Google's broken interface. The problem
    is that the *default* "reply" button works incorrectly, and no amount
    of explaining the problem prevents newbies from using the wrong
    button.

    The following advice:

    has been posted in this newsgroup over 1000 times. Many people figure
    it out once it's explained, but there's no shortage of people who
    haven't yet heard it.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 17, 2005
  6. Keith Thompson

    haroon Guest

    Re: Google survey

    > You haven't been following this newsgroup lately, have you?

    its true.
    haroon, Nov 17, 2005
  7. Keith Thompson

    Default User Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:

    > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    > features they should implement.

    > Go vote.

    I voted, but why in hell is this even a vote question? It should have
    been corrected months ago.

    Brian
    Default User, Nov 17, 2005
  8. Keith Thompson

    Guest

    Re: Google survey

    Default User wrote:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >
    > > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    > > features they should implement.

    > > Go vote.

    > I voted, but why in hell is this even a vote question?

    Because this way they can continue to pretend they weren't wrong.

    > It should have
    > been corrected months ago.
    >

    > Brian
    , Nov 17, 2005
  9. Keith Thompson

    Flash Gordon Guest

    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >
    >> Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    >> features they should implement.

    >> Go vote.

    Thanks for pointing this out Keith. I've voted.

    > I voted, but why in hell is this even a vote question? It should have
    > been corrected months ago.

    I agree with you completely.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Nov 17, 2005
  10. Keith Thompson

    Anand Guest

    Flash Gordon wrote:
    > Default User wrote:
    >
    >> Keith Thompson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    >>> features they should implement.

    >>> Go vote.

    > Thanks for pointing this out Keith. I've voted.
    >
    >> I voted, but why in hell is this even a vote question? It should have
    >> been corrected months ago.

    > I agree with you completely.

    I wonder whether to give the benefit of doubt to Google guys and think
    that they actually missed it!!! or that they deliberately not fixing
    this issue, due to their some kind of marketing strategy.
    The whole reply-with-no-quote works fine for the web based reader (where
    all/most of the thread is in one page) but not for non-web based clients
    (like my ThunderBird..)
    Anand, Nov 18, 2005
  11. Keith Thompson

    Mockey Chen Guest

    "Keith Thompson" <> wrote:...

    > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    > features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
    > quoting of previous message in replies".
    >
    > <http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>
    >
    > Go vote.

    I am a newbie in newgroup. I saw some letters begin with `[OT]'.
    Would any one tell me what does the [OT] stand for?

    Thanks in advance.
    Mockey Chen, Nov 28, 2005
  12. Re: Google survey

    Mockey Chen wrote:
    > "Keith Thompson" <> wrote:...
    > > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    > > features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
    > > quoting of previous message in replies".
    > >
    > > <http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>
    > >
    > > Go vote.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
    > > San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
    > > We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.

    > I am a newbie in newgroup. I saw some letters begin with `[OT]'.
    > Would any one tell me what does the [OT] stand for?

    Off Topic

    Robert Gamble
    Robert Gamble, Nov 28, 2005
  13. Keith Thompson

    pemo Guest

    Re: Google survey

    "Robert Gamble" <> wrote in message
    > Mockey Chen wrote:
    >> "Keith Thompson" <> wrote:...
    >> > Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
    >> > features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
    >> > quoting of previous message in replies".
    >> >
    >> > <http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>
    >> >
    >> > Go vote.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith)
    >> > <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
    >> > San Diego Supercomputer Center <*>
    >> > <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
    >> > We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.

    >> I am a newbie in newgroup. I saw some letters begin with `[OT]'.
    >> Would any one tell me what does the [OT] stand for?

    > Off Topic

    And OP = Original Post(er) ... you'll see this too.
    pemo, Nov 28, 2005
  14. Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 28, 2005