[OT] Google survey

Keith Thompson

haroon said:

You haven't been following this newsgroup lately, have you?

Yes, there's a workaround for Google's broken interface. The problem
is that the *default* "reply" button works incorrectly, and no amount
of explaining the problem prevents newbies from using the wrong
button.

The following advice:

has been posted in this newsgroup over 1000 times. Many people figure
it out once it's explained, but there's no shortage of people who
haven't yet heard it.

Default User

Keith said:
Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
features they should implement.

I voted, but why in hell is this even a vote question? It should have
been corrected months ago.

Brian

Flash Gordon

Thanks for pointing this out Keith. I've voted.
I voted, but why in hell is this even a vote question? It should have
been corrected months ago.

I agree with you completely.

Anand

Flash said:
Thanks for pointing this out Keith. I've voted.

I agree with you completely.
I wonder whether to give the benefit of doubt to Google guys and think
that they actually missed it!!! or that they deliberately not fixing
this issue, due to their some kind of marketing strategy.
The whole reply-with-no-quote works fine for the web based reader (where
all/most of the thread is in one page) but not for non-web based clients
(like my ThunderBird..)

Mockey Chen

Keith Thompson said:
Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
quoting of previous message in replies".

<http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>

Go vote.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (e-mail address removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>

I am a newbie in newgroup. I saw some letters begin with `[OT]'.
Would any one tell me what does the [OT] stand for?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Gamble

pemo

Robert Gamble said:
Mockey said:
Keith Thompson said:
Google Groups is running a survey asking for feedback on what new
features they should implement. One of the choices is "Default
quoting of previous message in replies".

<http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features>

Go vote.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) (e-mail address removed)
<http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*>
<http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>

I am a newbie in newgroup. I saw some letters begin with `[OT]'.
Would any one tell me what does the [OT] stand for?

Off Topic

And OP = Original Post(er) ... you'll see this too.