    such that when I start gvim
    it opens with line numbers displayed
    and also full screen?
    Liz, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Liz

    JQ Guest

    Liz wrote:

    > it opens with line numbers displayed

    :set number in the .vimrc

    --
    JQ
    JQ, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Liz

    Jim Cochrane Guest

    In article <9RXRc.236272$IQ4.45116@attbi_s02>, Liz wrote:
    > Not sure where to ask.

    comp.editors would probably be a good candidate, or possibly the vim FAQ.

    --
    Jim Cochrane;
    [When responding by email, include the term non-spam in the subject line to
    Jim Cochrane, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Liz

    iksrazal Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message news:<9RXRc.236272$IQ4.45116@attbi_s02>...
    > Not sure where to ask.
    > How can I change the defaults
    > such that when I start gvim
    > it opens with line numbers displayed
    > and also full screen?

    vi uses a .vimrc file in a *nix shell - and on windows via cygwin .
    Probably the samething in a pure windows env - which I don't use very
    often.

    In the .vimrc file try:

    set number

    HTH,