OT: Has anybody succeeded in subscribing to Individual.Net?

PeteCresswell

Some months ago I tried, but couldn't get past ClickAndPay - desipite
swallowing reservations about opening up my credit card to automated
annual charges.

Today I tried again. For starters, screens started out in English,
then changed to German and clicking "Back" aborted the entire process -
losing all data on the previous screen.

Is it just me?

GigaNews looks kind of pricey...

Any recommendations for alternatives?

Barbara de Zoete

Some months ago I tried, but couldn't get past ClickAndPay - desipite
swallowing reservations about opening up my credit card to automated
annual charges.

Today I tried again. For starters, screens started out in English,
then changed to German and clicking "Back" aborted the entire process -
losing all data on the previous screen.

Is it just me?

GigaNews looks kind of pricey...

Any recommendations for alternatives?

<http://cust.readfreenews.net/> Still free. Fast, many, many groups. Good
overall performance as far as I can judge. I'm not affiliated with them. Just a
happy supscriber (yes, you have to subscrivbe. But they do not really want to
know who you are :) )

Blinky the Shark

PeteCresswell said:
Some months ago I tried, but couldn't get past ClickAndPay - desipite
swallowing reservations about opening up my credit card to automated
annual charges.
Today I tried again. For starters, screens started out in English,
then changed to German and clicking "Back" aborted the entire process -
losing all data on the previous screen.
Is it just me?

Probably not, but I know tons of people that use NIN. As do I.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Barbara de Zoete ([email protected]) feverishly
typed...
On 18 May 2005 17:08:26 -0700, PeteCresswell
<[email protected]> wrote:
[news servers since Individual.Net went subscription]
<http://cust.readfreenews.net/> Still free. Fast, many, many groups.
Good overall performance as far as I can judge. I'm not affiliated
with them. Just a happy supscriber (yes, you have to subscrivbe. But
they do not really want to know who you are :) )

Just registered with them and subscribed to my normal groups. Looks ok!

Since Individual.Net went subscription I've been using my ISP's (Pipex) news
server which is ok but terribly slow. I post to a newsgroup then go and have
a cup of tea and see if it has arrived yet!

After registering with readfreenews (which is quick and painless!) I posted
a test message to via my ISP's news server. It came up pretty
much straightaway on readfreenews. Still not arrived on Pipex yet...

I think I have just found my latest new news server! Thanks for the pointer
Barbara! :)

Cheers,
Nige