OT - Hosting For A Buck??

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Axel Foley, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. Axel Foley

    Axel Foley Guest

    tom, if you can fork out 3 bucks US a month, NEOH-HQ offers 100 Meg/ 1.5 G
    packages (HQ-1). i use their servers on a number of my lower traffic sites,
    and they're just fine. VERY PROMPT tech support. Easy to use CPANEL with
    webalizer, awstats, the whole 9 yards.

    Axel

    "MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Following the advice of members of this newsgroup I have decided to pay

    for
    > hosting, but cos my site hardly brings in any revenue its gonna be with
    > Hosting For A Buck.
    >
    > I was just wondering whether anybody here uses there services.
    >
    > Are there any banners/popups or advertisements? And also if anyone from

    the

    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Jul 9, 2004

  3. "Axel Foley" <> wrote in message
    > tom, if you can fork out 3 bucks US a month, NEOH-HQ offers 100 Meg/ 1.5 G
    > packages (HQ-1). i use their servers on a number of my lower traffic

    sites,
    > and they're just fine. VERY PROMPT tech support. Easy to use CPANEL with
    > webalizer, awstats, the whole 9 yards.
    >
    > Axel
    >

    > "MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Following the advice of members of this newsgroup I have decided to pay

    > for
    > > hosting, but cos my site hardly brings in any revenue its gonna be with
    > > Hosting For A Buck.
    > >
    > > I was just wondering whether anybody here uses there services.
    > >
    > > Are there any banners/popups or advertisements? And also if anyone from

    > the
    > > UK uses them, do you know if I will get charged by my bank for paying in
    > > dollars???
    > >
    > > Thanks for everyone's help.
    > > Tom
    > > --
    > > MagicFreebiesUK
    > > http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk
    > > Updated Daily!!!!

    Worth a look... Have you got a url.

    Cheers
    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Axel Foley

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:OclHc.983$>
    "MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk" <> said:

    > I have decided to pay for
    > hosting, [...]
    > Are there any banners/popups or advertisements?

    you should never have them with a paid account and i haven't heard of
    anyone getting sucked into paying for hosting and ending up with
    advertising.

    its common for newsservers and for some reason people seem happy with
    the arrangement.

    "pay me $9/month and i'll let you advertise my product"

    its very odd.

    > And also if anyone from the UK uses them, do you know if I will get
    > charged by my bank for paying in dollars???

    their site should tell you want the currency is but you're usually
    charged in the host country's currency.

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Axel Foley

    Hywel Guest

    In article <OclHc.983$>,
    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Following the advice of members of this newsgroup I have decided to pay for
    > hosting, but cos my site hardly brings in any revenue its gonna be with
    > Hosting For A Buck.
    >
    > I was just wondering whether anybody here uses there services.
    >
    > Are there any banners/popups or advertisements? And also if anyone from the
    > UK uses them, do you know if I will get charged by my bank for paying in
    > dollars???

    I use them (from the UK) and don't get any adverts for
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    The server my sit eis on does occasionally fall over, but I'm not that
    bothered for 60p a month. The support is fast by email, too.

    As you pay by PayPal, your bank won't charge you.

    --
    Hywel

    Big Brother Petition - Better TV Wanted!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/BBFlood/
    Hywel, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Axel Foley

    WJ Guest

    Another place you can try is http://www.hostica.com.

    I've got a couple of sites with them (the M-Class) and
    they've been great.

    C-Class is only $1./mo.
    WJ, Jul 12, 2004