[OT] how to write code into a blog post?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jorge Vargas, Nov 4, 2006.

  1. Jorge Vargas

    Jorge Vargas Guest

    Hi I know many people here blog so sorry for the OT.

    Currently I have a wordpress install and went I wanted to post some
    code I notice how painfull it is. I'm still in shock that programmers
    forgot about posting code on their own engine, but oohh well they are
    php :D

    anyway I'll like to know your experiences I google around for wp
    plugins and half of them are dead links and the other half I wasn't
    very existed about.

    I'm running this on a very good webhost so I can install pretty much
    anything. so I'll accept suggestions either for wp plugins or another
    engine, but the only way I'll accept something like blogger is that
    they let me have it on my hostname or at least make me do overwrites.

    I'm even willing to change my blogging platform if that's the best
    way. So please post your suggestions there too.

    thanks
    Jorge Vargas, Nov 4, 2006

  2. Jorge Vargas

    thebjorn Guest

    Re: how to write code into a blog post?

    Jorge Vargas wrote:
    > Hi I know many people here blog so sorry for the OT.
    >
    > Currently I have a wordpress install and went I wanted to post some
    > code I notice how painfull it is.

    Indeed :) I'm using the iG:Syntax Hiliter over on
    http://blog.tkbe.org after I got some comments about the lack of
    readability of my code samples ;-) It can be even more colorful than
    I've set it up, but it handles a considerable number of languages and
    is pretty simple to both use and manage. You can get it at:
    http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter/ I added the
    following to the end of the stylesheet to make the code frame bigger
    and dynamic:

    div.igBar { width: 95%; }
    div.syntax_hilite { width:95%; }

    hth,
    -- bjorn
    thebjorn, Nov 4, 2006

  3. Jorge Vargas

    Jorge Vargas Guest

    Re: how to write code into a blog post?

    On 4 Nov 2006 14:40:19 -0800, thebjorn
    <> wrote:
    > Jorge Vargas wrote:
    > > Hi I know many people here blog so sorry for the OT.
    > >
    > > Currently I have a wordpress install and went I wanted to post some
    > > code I notice how painfull it is.

    > Indeed :) I'm using the iG:Syntax Hiliter over on
    > http://blog.tkbe.org after I got some comments about the lack of
    > readability of my code samples ;-) It can be even more colorful than
    > I've set it up, but it handles a considerable number of languages and
    > is pretty simple to both use and manage. You can get it at:
    > http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter/ I added the
    > following to the end of the stylesheet to make the code frame bigger
    > and dynamic:
    >
    > div.igBar { width: 95%; }
    > div.syntax_hilite { width:95%; }

    thanks I'll take a look at it