    control, so how in the world do I go about this?

    Thanks,
    Jim
    James Baker, Aug 23, 2004

  2. You can't programmatically invoke the input type=file command... this HAS to
    be user-driven. You will need to find some way to do this (e.g. use a VBS
    script to copy the file from one server to another, maybe via FTP or
    \\fileshare\... you won't be able to automate a traditional upload via form
    post without running third party tools.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    "James Baker" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a microsoft newsgroup where I can post a question such as the
    > following?
    >
    > I have a form that has a couple input boxes and a "file" input box as

    well.
    > Basically you enter two text values, browse to a file and hit submit. I
    > need to automate this, because I'm posting this data to another company's
    > website at regular intervals. I assume I can just convert the text boxes

    > hiddens with hardcoded values (they won't change). But I need to convert
    > the "file" to a control that doesn't require input. It will be posting

    the

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 23, 2004

  3. James Baker

    James Baker Guest

    The problem is, I don't even need to use an input type=file control, because
    I know the exact path of the file every single time. I've tried just
    creating a hidden value with the filename in it, but it doesn't seem to have
    the same behavior. Is there more to the input type=file control than just
    finding the file and storing it in a text box?

    Thanks,
    Jim

    James Baker, Aug 25, 2004
  4. > The problem is, I don't even need to use an input type=file control,
    because
    > I know the exact path of the file every single time.

    The problem is, input type=file is the only way for a browser to upload a
    file using an ASP page.

    > Is there more to the input type=file control than just
    > finding the file and storing it in a text box?

    Yes!

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)