    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
    Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, May 11, 2004

  2. Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:
    > (Don't mind me, my frequent late night "I should be sleeping by now"
    > brainstorm)
    >
    > A python smiling, its body curled in the background, 1's and 0's visible
    > in its body visibly grouped in fours, and below the slogan:
    >
    > "With Python your nibbles explode with desire"
    >
    > I'll do one for myself :)

    If you plan to try selling them, note that in North America it's
    generally "nybble", by analogy with "byte". Nibble is the British
    English spelling.

    Also, I don't get it...

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, May 11, 2004

  3. Am Dienstag, 11. Mai 2004 15:41 schrieb Peter Hansen:
    > If you plan to try selling them, note that in North America it's
    > generally "nybble", by analogy with "byte". Nibble is the British
    > English spelling.

    I guess he refers to the other meaning of nibble (from dictionary.com):

    1. A very small quantity, especially of food; a morsel.

    Heiko.

    Heiko Wundram, May 11, 2004
  4. Richie Hindle, May 11, 2004
  5. Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Heiko Wundram wrote:

    > Am Dienstag, 11. Mai 2004 15:41 schrieb Peter Hansen:
    >
    >>If you plan to try selling them, note that in North America it's
    >>generally "nybble", by analogy with "byte". Nibble is the British
    >>English spelling.

    > I guess he refers to the other meaning of nibble (from dictionary.com):
    >
    > 1. A very small quantity, especially of food; a morsel.

    Then I _really_ don't get it.

    Peter Hansen, May 11, 2004
  6. Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

    Mark Pearse Guest

    Peter Hansen wrote:
    > Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:

    >> "With Python your nibbles explode with desire"
    >>

    > Also, I don't get it...

    I think its a reference to the misleading Hungarian phrase book sketch!
    See, eg
    http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/TheHungarianPhrasebookSketch

    Mark,
    whose hovercraft is rapidly filling with eels

    Mark Pearse, May 11, 2004
  7. On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:41:35 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
    <> might have written:

    [snip "nibbles exploding with desire"]

    >Also, I don't get it...

    Based on the hungarian phrase-book sketch from the Flying Circus... "my
    nipples explode with desire!"

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, May 11, 2004
  8. On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:07:04 +0100, rumours say that Richie Hindle
    <> might have written:

    >[Christos]
    >> "With Python your nibbles explode with desire"

    >[Peter]
    >> Also, I don't get it...

    >Both you and Christos need to brush up on your Monty Python:
    >
    >http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/phrasebk.txt (about halfway down)

    Right! It was "delight", not "desire"! Thank you Richie...

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, May 11, 2004
  9. Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Richie Hindle wrote:

    > [Christos]
    >
    >>"With Python your nibbles explode with desire"

    > [Peter]
    >
    >>Also, I don't get it...

    > Both you and Christos need to brush up on your Monty Python:
    >
    > http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/phrasebk.txt (about halfway down)

    No, I got that part, although I didn't remember it was "delight"
    and not "desire". I just don't understand the combination of
    things in the image: bits in the stomach of the snake, with
    that having nothing to do (that I can see) with the "explode
    with delight" part...

    I guess it's the mixture of the snake and the Monty Python
    reference... seems somehow "wrong".

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, May 11, 2004
  10. Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 09:41:35 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
    > <> might have written:
    >
    > [snip "nibbles exploding with desire"]
    >

    >>Also, I don't get it...

    > Based on the hungarian phrase-book sketch from the Flying Circus... "my
    > nipples explode with desire!"

    Yeah, that part was obvious (to an MP fan). But why the bit-eating
    snake then? It's gratuitous at that point. Oh, wait, were the ones
    and zeros supposed to be "exploded nibbles"? That's a reach...

    Peter Hansen, May 11, 2004
  11. On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:03:13 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
    <> might have written:

    >> [snip "nibbles exploding with desire"]
    >>

    >>>Also, I don't get it...

    >> Based on the hungarian phrase-book sketch from the Flying Circus... "my
    >> nipples explode with desire!"

    >Yeah, that part was obvious (to an MP fan). But why the bit-eating
    >snake then? It's gratuitous at that point. Oh, wait, were the ones
    >and zeros supposed to be "exploded nibbles"? That's a reach...

    Well, I won't pretend that my pun was cleverly funny, I'll just say that
    I thought it was simply funny... My whole idea was of Python processing
    happily data, which grouped in fours were nibbles, and there came the
    pun of s/p/b/g as Tim said; the "desire" instead of "delight" part of
    course was a misteak due to weak memory.

    PS I would gladly buy an "import this" T-shirt too. I think that
    T-shirts could be an alternative income source for PSF.

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, May 12, 2004
  12. Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:03:13 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
    > <> might have written:
    >>>

    > Well, I won't pretend that my pun was cleverly funny, I'll just say that
    > I thought it was simply funny... My whole idea was of Python processing
    > happily data, which grouped in fours were nibbles,

    Believe it or not, I missed the connection between "grouped in fours"
    and "nibbles". Duh...

    > PS I would gladly buy an "import this" T-shirt too. I think that
    > T-shirts could be an alternative income source for PSF.

    Agreed. I'd buy two!

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, May 12, 2004
  13. Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

    Mel Wilson Guest

    In article <>,
    Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:03:13 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
    ><> might have written:
    >
    >>> [snip "nibbles exploding with desire"]

    >>> Based on the hungarian phrase-book sketch from the Flying Circus... "my
    >>> nipples explode with desire!"

    >>Yeah, that part was obvious (to an MP fan). But why the bit-eating
    >>snake then? It's gratuitous at that point. Oh, wait, were the ones
    >>and zeros supposed to be "exploded nibbles"? That's a reach...

    >Well, I won't pretend that my pun was cleverly funny, I'll just say that
    >I thought it was simply funny... My whole idea was of Python processing
    >happily data, which grouped in fours were nibbles, and there came the
    >pun of s/p/b/g as Tim said; the "desire" instead of "delight" part of
    >course was a misteak due to weak memory.

    Actually, the first thing I thought of was the
    after-dinner mint scene from "Meaning of Life".

    Regards. Mel.

    Mel Wilson, May 12, 2004
  14. Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Don't mind me, my frequent late night "I should be sleeping by now"
    > brainstorm)
    >
    > A python smiling, its body curled in the background, 1's and 0's visible
    > in its body visibly grouped in fours, and below the slogan:
    >
    > "With Python your nibbles explode with desire"
    >
    > I'll do one for myself :)

    Personally, I wouldn't post an announcement to Usenet that I'm about
    to "do one for myself", even when my nibbles /are/ exploding with
    desire. Maybe it's a cultural difference; Anglo-Canadians can be
    pretty modest about such things.

    Oh, you were talking about the t-shirt...

    -- Graham

    Graham Fawcett, May 12, 2004