    than the language syntax?

    -ishwar
    , Feb 21, 2008

  2. André Guest

    On Feb 21, 6:48 pm, wrote:
    > Sorry to butt in but I am shopping for some ideas.
    >
    > I am interested in putting together a programming course for non-
    > programmers (outside the computer science domain) based on Pyhton. I
    > envision the course
    > similar to ones that used old-Basic interpreter.
    >
    > Any one out there has such a course (already designed) or has some
    > experience
    > of such a course?
    >
    > What could be a list of topics to be addressed in such a course
    > (domain), other
    > than the language syntax?
    >
    > -ishwar

    You might want to ask on the edu-sig list.
    Or, you could google for
    python "non-programmers"
    and find things like http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer's_Tutorial_for_Python

    André
    André, Feb 22, 2008

  3. On Feb 21, 4:48 pm, wrote:
    > Sorry to butt in but I am shopping for some ideas.
    >
    > I am interested in putting together a programming course for non-
    > programmers (outside the computer science domain) based on Pyhton. I
    > envision the course
    > similar to ones that used old-Basic interpreter.
    >
    > Any one out there has such a course (already designed) or has some
    > experience
    > of such a course?
    >
    > What could be a list of topics to be addressed in such a course
    > (domain), other
    > than the language syntax?
    >
    > -ishwar

    This guy's been doing it for a while now as a college course:
    http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/zelle/python/python-first.html

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Feb 22, 2008

    On Feb 22, 2:20 am, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:
    > On Feb 21, 4:48 pm, wrote:
    >

    > > Sorry to butt in but I am shopping for some ideas.

    > > I am interested in putting together a programming course for non-
    > > programmers (outside the computer science domain) based on Pyhton. I
    > > envision the course
    > > similar to ones that used old-Basic interpreter.

    > > Any one out there has such a course (already designed) or has some
    > > experience
    > > of such a course?

    > > What could be a list of topics to be addressed in such a course
    > > (domain), other
    > > than the language syntax?

    > > -ishwar

    > This guy's been doing it for a while now as a college course:http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/zelle/python/python-first.html
    >
    > Mike

    You might want to take a look at

    http://swc.scipy.org/lec/unified.html

    It is superb and fits nicely your description.

    HTH

    Mikhail
    , Feb 22, 2008