OT: Ideas for a first course using Python

ishwar.rattan

Sorry to butt in but I am shopping for some ideas.

I am interested in putting together a programming course for non-
programmers (outside the computer science domain) based on Pyhton. I
envision the course
similar to ones that used old-Basic interpreter.

Any one out there has such a course (already designed) or has some
experience
of such a course?

What could be a list of topics to be addressed in such a course
(domain), other
than the language syntax?

-ishwar

André

Sorry to butt in but I am shopping for some ideas.

I am interested in putting together a programming course for non-
programmers (outside the computer science domain) based on Pyhton. I
envision the course
similar to ones that used old-Basic interpreter.

Any one out there has such a course (already designed) or has some
experience
of such a course?

What could be a list of topics to be addressed in such a course
(domain), other
than the language syntax?

-ishwar

You might want to ask on the edu-sig list.
Or, you could google for
python "non-programmers"
and find things like http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer's_Tutorial_for_Python

André

Mike Driscoll

Sorry to butt in but I am shopping for some ideas.

I am interested in putting together a programming course for non-
programmers (outside the computer science domain) based on Pyhton. I
envision the course
similar to ones that used old-Basic interpreter.

Any one out there has such a course (already designed) or has some
experience
of such a course?

What could be a list of topics to be addressed in such a course
(domain), other
than the language syntax?

-ishwar

This guy's been doing it for a while now as a college course:
http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/zelle/python/python-first.html

Mike