OT- Inherited Site Horror Story

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Adrienne

    Adrienne Guest

    I just had to share this.

    I recently got http://www.mendozagomezdiaz.com. I got it because it was
    not doing _anything_ in the search engines.

    When I talked to one of the owners today and asked for verbiage, she said
    she was going to copy and paste from the site. Of course, I told her that
    wasn't possible because the entire web site, I mean the _entire_ website,
    is images - no text whatsoever.

    Apparently, the site was originally a Power Point presentation, so they
    must have just dropped the slides into the editor (Freeway Express for the
    Mac). The owners are going to see if they can get ahold of the PP, if not
    I'm going to try OCR, and if that fails, I guess its two windows open and
    type what I see - good thing I used to be a wire operator at Dean Witter, I
    type really fast.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Adrienne

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Adrienne <> said:

    > I recently got http://www.mendozagomezdiaz.com. I got it because it was
    > not doing _anything_ in the search engines.

    Gee, that's surprising, a colourful site like that.</sarcasm>

    > Apparently, the site was originally a Power Point presentation, so they
    > must have just dropped the slides into the editor (Freeway Express for the
    > Mac).

    (c) 2005 - it's only a new site!

    > The owners are going to see if they can get ahold of the PP, if not
    > I'm going to try OCR, and if that fails, I guess its two windows open and
    > type what I see - good thing I used to be a wire operator at Dean Witter, I
    > type really fast.

    As long as you're charging by the hour, it doesn't matter how long it
    takes. ;-)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jul 27, 2005

  3. In article <Xns96A0A05908432arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158>,
    Adrienne <> wrote:

    > Apparently, the site was originally a Power Point presentation, so they
    > must have just dropped the slides into the editor (Freeway Express for the
    > Mac). The owners are going to see if they can get ahold of the PP, if not
    > I'm going to try OCR, and if that fails, I guess its two windows open and
    > type what I see - good thing I used to be a wire operator at Dean Witter, I
    > type really fast.

    Depending upon how many pages there are, if it's a relatively small
    site, whipping out the characters as text with your fingers may actually
    format and menu them later.
    Of course, that really, really depends on how many pages there are ;-)

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

    Leonard Blaisdell, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Adrienne

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Leonard Blaisdell
    <> writing in

    > In article <Xns96A0A05908432arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158>,
    > Adrienne <> wrote:
    >
    >> Apparently, the site was originally a Power Point presentation, so
    >> they must have just dropped the slides into the editor (Freeway
    >> Express for the Mac). The owners are going to see if they can get
    >> ahold of the PP, if not I'm going to try OCR, and if that fails, I
    >> guess its two windows open and type what I see - good thing I used to
    >> be a wire operator at Dean Witter, I type really fast.

    > Depending upon how many pages there are, if it's a relatively small
    > site, whipping out the characters as text with your fingers may
    > you go. Then format and menu them later.
    > Of course, that really, really depends on how many pages there are ;-)
    >
    > leo

    There's 15 pages, not that many really, but HTML-Kit has a nifty plug in
    that pastes formatted (p,li,etc). You know how it is, just gotta use that
    new tool.

    Adrienne, Jul 28, 2005
  5. In article <Xns96A0A7441E0F4arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158>,
    Adrienne <> wrote:

    > There's 15 pages, not that many really, but HTML-Kit has a nifty plug in
    > that pastes formatted (p,li,etc). You know how it is, just gotta use that
    > new tool.

    You've obviously got it covered at fifteen pages regardless. Unless the
    pages are scrolls. I always charge a dollar more for scrolls.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

    Leonard Blaisdell, Jul 28, 2005
  6. Adrienne

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Adrienne <> said:

    > HTML-Kit has a nifty plug in that pastes formatted (p,li,etc).

    Where? I can't find it on the site, and I can see that it would be very
    useful.

    Mark Parnell, Jul 28, 2005
  7. Adrienne

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Mark Parnell
    <> writing in news:16cuyhnq0mmgw
    $:

    > Previously in alt.html, Adrienne <> said:
    >
    >> HTML-Kit has a nifty plug in that pastes formatted (p,li,etc).

    > Where? I can't find it on the site, and I can see that it would be very
    > useful.

    There's a few neat ones at <http://www.chami.com/html-
    kit/plugins/Dir/Tools/HTML/>.

    Adrienne, Jul 28, 2005
  8. Adrienne

    Guest

    Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
    > In article <Xns96A0A7441E0F4arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158>,
    > Adrienne <> wrote:
    >
    > > There's 15 pages, not that many really, but HTML-Kit has a nifty plug in
    > > that pastes formatted (p,li,etc). You know how it is, just gotta use that
    > > new tool.

    > You've obviously got it covered at fifteen pages regardless. Unless the
    > pages are scrolls. I always charge a dollar more for scrolls.

    What's a "scroll"? Obviously it's not much, of you're only charging an
    additional 60p.

    --
    Hywel

    , Jul 28, 2005
  9. Adrienne

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Jul 29, 2005
  10. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
    > > In article <Xns96A0A7441E0F4arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158>,
    > > Adrienne <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > There's 15 pages, not that many really, but HTML-Kit has a nifty plug in
    > > > that pastes formatted (p,li,etc). You know how it is, just gotta use that
    > > > new tool.

    > > You've obviously got it covered at fifteen pages regardless. Unless the
    > > pages are scrolls. I always charge a dollar more for scrolls.

    > What's a "scroll"? Obviously it's not much, of you're only charging an
    > additional 60p.

    Why a scroll is any page that scrolls vertically past the main viewport
    regardless of it's size. I really have to put more smileys in my posts.
    I deduct three bucks if my markup forces people to use a horizontal
    scroll :) :) :)

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/