    I figured this would be the closest thing to posting a post for MySQL
    considering I have plans on using PERL::DBI, and there is no group for
    MySQL (If there was, it would be comp.databases.mysql)
    Bushido Hacks, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Bushido Hacks

    Scott Bryce Guest

    Bushido Hacks wrote:

    > there is no group for
    > MySQL (If there was, it would be comp.databases.mysql)

    mysql.users. It doesn't look like it is very active.

    http://forums.mysql.com/
    http://lists.mysql.com/

    It didn't take long to find these.
    Scott Bryce, Apr 26, 2005

  3. mysql.users does not exist. I'll try my luck with the links.
    Bushido Hacks, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Bushido Hacks

    Keith Keller Guest

    On 2005-04-26, Bushido Hacks <> wrote:

    > there is no group for MySQL

    There are mailing lists hosted by mysql.com.

    --keith

    --
    -francisco.ca.us
    (try just my userid to email me)
    Keith Keller, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Bushido Hacks <> wrote:

    > I know this is off topic

    So long then!

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Bushido Hacks <> wrote:

    > there is no group for
    > MySQL (If there was, it would be comp.databases.mysql)

    or it would be alt.comp.databases.mysql

    Tad McClellan, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Tad McClellan wrote:
    > Bushido Hacks <> wrote:
    >
    > > there is no group for
    > > MySQL (If there was, it would be comp.databases.mysql)

    > or it would be alt.comp.databases.mysql
    >

    > --
    > Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    > Perl programming
    > Fort Worth, Texas

    Yeah, thats a possiblity. But that group doesn't exist either.

    I searched the MySQL website for MSYS and MINGW and all I could find
    was some unrelated Microsoft Access junk that I don't use.

    I just want to know how I should install MySQL for MSYS
    (http://www.mingw.org/). I'm new to all this UNIX stuff and I am very
    interested in it. The only thing I do know how to do is make simple
    C++ programs and unzip .tar.gz files.

    I need to know if I should use the Windows version of MySQL without the
    installer or if I should use the .tar.gz sources or the .zip windows
    sources? How do I install source codes using "make". That kind of
    important information.
    Bushido Hacks, Apr 26, 2005
  8. "Bushido Hacks" <> writes:
    > I searched the MySQL website for MSYS and MINGW and all I could find
    > was some unrelated Microsoft Access junk that I don't use.

    You didn't see the "MySQL on Win32" list? http://lists.msyql.com/win32
    Or the "Install" forum? http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?11

    If not, then you might want to invest in a decent screen-reader,
    because the links to get there are right on top of the site. If you
    did, then it's extremely rude to keep asking here instead of going to
    a place that's actually constituted specifically to answer the kinds
    of questions you're asking. As a rule, posters here don't respond
    well to being treated rudely.

    Maybe the exact question you want isn't already there, but if you want
    to ask, that's where you should ask, not here. This is not a
    newsgroup about MySQL, and it's inappropriate to ask here, not only
    because it's off-topic, but because people who are experts on MySQL
    are going to be on those lists, and are unlikely to be looking here.

    > I just want to know how I should install MySQL for MSYS
    > (http://www.mingw.org/). I'm new to all this UNIX stuff and I am very
    > interested in it. The only thing I do know how to do is make simple
    > C++ programs and unzip .tar.gz files.

    So why not ask people who know about MySQL, instead of asking people
    who know Perl? Why do you persist in asking in the wrong place, as if
    somehow doing so is going to get you better answers than asking people
    who know? I venture to guess that MySQL AB employees probably lurk on
    the forums and lists, and they probably know better than anyone the
    answers to the questions you ask.

    > I need to know if I should use the Windows version of MySQL without the
    > installer or if I should use the .tar.gz sources or the .zip windows
    > sources? How do I install source codes using "make". That kind of
    > important information.

    That's not the kind of problem we deal with here. Frankly, you're
    just making it harder on yourself by continuing to ask in CLPM instead
    of making use of the best resources available to you. Good luck in
    finding someone to help you here; your actions have made it unlikely,
    but stranger things have happened.

    -=Eric
    -- Blair Houghton.
    Eric Schwartz, Apr 26, 2005
  9. Bushido Hacks

    Keith Keller Guest

    On 2005-04-26, Bushido Hacks <> wrote:

    > I need to know if I should use the Windows version of MySQL without the
    > installer or if I should use the .tar.gz sources or the .zip windows
    > sources?

    You should ask in a MySQL group or mailing list (hint: see my other post
    in this thread) instead of here.

    --keith

    Keith Keller, Apr 26, 2005