OT(ish): Extracting vectors from SWF

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Nik Coughin, May 18, 2005.

  1. Nik Coughin

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Hi,

    This is pissing me off to no end. Does anyone know of a way to turn a SWF
    file into some kind of vector format, AI, EPS, EMF, SVG, anything? I used a
    program that extracts individual shape resources from a SWF, so I now have
    an SWF that has nothing in it except for a shape. I found a website with an
    online tool that does swf->svg (http://www.eprg.org/~sgp/swf2svg.html) but
    the tool doesn't work any more and the page was last updated in 2000. I
    have heaps of software that will export to SWF but nothing that can
    import... argh.

    Thanks,

    Nik Coughlin
    --
    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million
    typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!" - Blair Houghton

    Nik Coughin, May 18, 2005

  2. Nik Coughin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is pissing me off to no end. Does anyone know of a way to turn a SWF
    > file into some kind of vector format, AI, EPS, EMF, SVG, anything?

    I believe swift3d can do that for you. A bit pricey at about $200us but
    they have a demo you can try it with

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, May 18, 2005