OT(ish): Extracting vectors from SWF

Nik Coughin

Hi,

This is pissing me off to no end. Does anyone know of a way to turn a SWF
file into some kind of vector format, AI, EPS, EMF, SVG, anything? I used a
program that extracts individual shape resources from a SWF, so I now have
an SWF that has nothing in it except for a shape. I found a website with an
online tool that does swf->svg (http://www.eprg.org/~sgp/swf2svg.html) but
the tool doesn't work any more and the page was last updated in 2000. I
have heaps of software that will export to SWF but nothing that can
import... argh.

Thanks,

Nik Coughlin
--
"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million
typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!" - Blair Houghton

Travis Newbury

Nik said:
Hi,

This is pissing me off to no end. Does anyone know of a way to turn a SWF
file into some kind of vector format, AI, EPS, EMF, SVG, anything?

I believe swift3d can do that for you. A bit pricey at about $200us but
they have a demo you can try it with