[OT] John Salerno (was: and i thought windows made a mess of files...)

Alan Connor

Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:19:06 -0400
From: John Salerno <[email protected]>

John Salerno
Results 1 - 100 of 1,650 posts in the last year
2 alt.cellular.sprintpcs
1 alt.games.morrowind
2 alt.games.neverwinter-nights
11 alt.html
25 alt.music.dave-matthews
2 alt.os.linux
4 comp.editors
1 comp.lang.javascript
44 comp.lang.python
1 macromedia.dreamweaver
7 microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp

Are all of those yours, or did you steal someone's alias?

Either way, I don't see many posts on Linux groups.

Looks like you don't know anything about Linux.

And that your problems are your fault.

Maybe. Maybe you just copied that from someone else's
headers.

It looks remarkably like your Windows User-Agent header
too (see copied headers below).
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux
Subject: and i thought windows made a mess of files...

No posting IP. What a surprise.

<article not downloaded:
http://slrn.sourceforge.net/docs/README.offline>

Your only other post on any linux group was here and you were
using a completely different newsserver and Windows.

# Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 18:44:32 -0400
# From: John Salerno <[email protected]>
# Newsgroups: alt.os.linux
# Subject: should the root partition be a primary partition?

Almost certainly bogus. I wouldn't believe anything in this
fellow's headers or articles.

And here we have you on comp.editors using yet another
newsserver:

# From: John Salerno <[email protected]>
# Newsgroups: comp.editors
# Subject: newbie to vim, question about moving to end of line
# Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:16:42 GMT

TROLL.

I don't help trolls.

And I don't think you could run Linux if your life depended on
it.

You'd actually have to take a break from running your mouth on
hundreds of groups under dozens of aliases to do some homework.

Phuk off (again).

Done.

Note: I won't be downloading any articles on this thread.

Alan

alan connor FAQ

Who is Alan Connor?

Alan Connor is the inventor and implementor of the final ultimate
solution to the spam problem, and everyone who dares claim otherwise
is a spammer.
That is basically the gist of the messages Alan sometimes spews into NANAE.

Alan Connor is appearently also active on many other newsgroups.

So what is he raving about?

In reality, Alan's system is known as a challenge-response or C/R system;
it auto-answers incoming email with a challenge and only lets the email
through if it receives a valid response. There are several problems with
this concept, but Alan doesn't want to hear them. In addition,
Alan's system isn't even a very good implementation of the C/R concept,
as it fails to address the chicken-egg problem that is inherent to C/R:
What if your C/R system sends a challenge to an email address that is
also protected by a C/R system? Because of this, Alan and Timo Salmi,
another C/R advocate, are unable to email eachother. So basically Alan's
system is a broken implementation of a flawed concept.

http://www.pearlgates.net/nanae/kooks/ac/

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/challenge-response.html

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/329.html#CR
Also in the headers for Alan to read.

John Salerno

Alan said:
Almost certainly bogus. I wouldn't believe anything in this
fellow's headers or articles.

TROLL.

I don't help trolls.

Ok, I don't know how seriously to take this post, so I won't spend much
time addressing it. All I will say is yes, this is really me and I am
asking a genuine question.

jason

John said:
Ok, I don't know how seriously to take this post, so I won't spend much
time addressing it. All I will say is yes, this is really me and I am
asking a genuine question.

Basically just killfile alan connor. It will greatly improve the signal
to noise ratio here. He's one of usenets most pathetic and whinest trolls.

Alan Connor

Correction: Someone who _sometimes_ calls himself "John Salerno"
wrote:

<article not downloaded:
http://slrn.sourceforge.net/docs/README.offline>

So. You post using three different newsservers, which no one who
posts under the same alias all the time does.

And are attacking Linux in your original subject:

With the typical display of non-literacy of a troll: No caps
where caps belong.

Your User-Agent string in your headers reads Windows, until
this thread, where it is modified only to say Linux instead of
Windows, but otherwise the same newsreader.

And there are virtually no Linux groups in your posting history
for the last year.

You are a stinking troll and you will wear a gag when you are
in my newsreader. Nor will anyone be allowed to send replies to
yourarticles to my newsreader.

Regardless of which alias you are hiding behind at the moment,
with your tail between your legs where your balls should be.

No way I am going to help a stinking troll learn Linux.

If you are even trying to, that is...

Alan said:
So. You post using three different newsservers, which no one who
posts under the same alias all the time does.

And there are virtually no Linux groups in your posting history
for the last year.

Wow, you need some help. I post at work on one server, and then also at
home on another (and sometimes two), on both Windows and Linux, which I
just installed last Saturday and am currently exploring for the first time.

If that isn't enough to convince you, then *you* are the troll.

Alan Connor

From: jason <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,comp.editors,comp.lang.python
Subject: Re: [OT] John Salerno
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 03:11:58 GMT

<article not downloaded:
http://slrn.sourceforge.net/docs/README.offline>

Posting through easynews. Let's see who else posts through
easynews on the groups I am subscribed to:

#From: "Ciaran Keating" <[email protected]>
#From: "Clayton Sutton" <[email protected]>
#From: "DanielP" <[email protected]>
#From: "Snoopy :))" <[email protected]>
#From: "smtjs" <[email protected]>
#From: <[email protected]>
#From: "Ciaran Keating" <[email protected]>
#From: "Clayton Sutton" <[email protected]>
#From: "DanielP" <[email protected]>
#From: "Snoopy :))" <[email protected]>
#From: "William B. Cattell" <[email protected]>
#From: <[email protected]>
#From: "Ciaran Keating" <[email protected]>
#From: "Clayton Sutton" <[email protected]>
#From: "DanielP" <[email protected]>
#From: "Snoopy :))" <[email protected]>
#From: "William B. Cattell" <[email protected]>
#From: <[email protected]>
#From: Alan Connor <[email protected]>

A troll forging my name. I only post through Earthlink.

#From: Andrew Schulman <[email protected]>
#From: Aratzio <[email protected]>
#From: Bosco Pelone <[email protected]>
#From: Bretts Christ <[email protected]>
#From: Bretts of God <[email protected]>
#From: Bretts of The Apocalypse <[email protected]>
#From: Cam <[email protected]>
#From: Derek Munsley <[email protected]>
#From: Elo Magar <[email protected]>
#From: Gospel Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Gospel Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Hallelujah Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Hallelujah Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Holy Brett McCoy <[email protected]>
#From: Holy Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Jason <[email protected]>
#From: John <[email protected]>
#From: John Blake <[email protected]>
#From: Mark Healey <[email protected]>
#From: Mark Healey <[email protected]>
#From: McBretts of God <[email protected]>
#From: Mike Coddington <[email protected]>
#From: Paul Colquhoun <[email protected]>
#From: Realto Margarino <[email protected]>
#From: River <[email protected]>
#From: SINNER <[email protected]>
#From: The Apostle Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: The Beloved Disciple Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: The Holy Apostle <[email protected]>
#From: The Holy Trinity of Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: The Reverend Doctor Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: To Garo <[email protected]>
#From: Uni <[email protected]>
#From: Wes Gray <[email protected]>
#From: WhyMe <[email protected]>
#From: ea aro <[email protected]>
#From: jason <[email protected]>
#From: le seigneur des rateaux <[email protected]>
#From: lordy <[email protected]>
#From: (e-mail address removed) (beginner_girl)

Looks like pretty much all trolls to me.

Alan said:
Looks like pretty much all trolls to me.

Note: I won't be downloading any articles on this thread.

Alan

Funny how you keep saying that but keep downloading and responding.

Bretts

From: jason <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux,comp.editors,comp.lang.python
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 03:11:58 GMT

<article not downloaded:
http://slrn.sourceforge.net/docs/README.offline>

Posting through easynews. Let's see who else posts through
easynews on the groups I am subscribed to:

#From: "Ciaran Keating" <[email protected]>
#From: "Clayton Sutton" <[email protected]>
#From: "DanielP" <[email protected]>
#From: "Snoopy :))" <[email protected]>
#From: "smtjs" <[email protected]>
#From: <[email protected]>
#From: "Ciaran Keating" <[email protected]>
#From: "Clayton Sutton" <[email protected]>
#From: "DanielP" <[email protected]>
#From: "Snoopy :))" <[email protected]>
#From: "William B. Cattell" <[email protected]>
#From: <[email protected]>
#From: "Ciaran Keating" <[email protected]>
#From: "Clayton Sutton" <[email protected]>
#From: "DanielP" <[email protected]>
#From: "Snoopy :))" <[email protected]>
#From: "William B. Cattell" <[email protected]>
#From: <[email protected]>
#From: Alan Connor <[email protected]>

A troll forging my name. I only post through Earthlink.

#From: Andrew Schulman <[email protected]>
#From: Aratzio <[email protected]>
#From: Bosco Pelone <[email protected]>
#From: Bretts Christ <[email protected]>
#From: Bretts of God <[email protected]>
#From: Bretts of The Apocalypse <[email protected]>
#From: Cam <[email protected]>
#From: Derek Munsley <[email protected]>
#From: Elo Magar <[email protected]>
#From: Gospel Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Gospel Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Hallelujah Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Hallelujah Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Holy Brett McCoy <[email protected]>
#From: Holy Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: Jason <[email protected]>
#From: John <[email protected]>
#From: John Blake <[email protected]>
#From: Mark Healey <[email protected]>
#From: Mark Healey <[email protected]>
#From: McBretts of God <[email protected]>
#From: Mike Coddington <[email protected]>
#From: Paul Colquhoun <[email protected]>
#From: Realto Margarino <[email protected]>
#From: River <[email protected]>
#From: SINNER <[email protected]>
#From: The Apostle Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: The Beloved Disciple Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: The Holy Apostle <[email protected]>
#From: The Holy Trinity of Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: The Reverend Doctor Bretts <[email protected]>
#From: To Garo <[email protected]>
#From: Uni <[email protected]>
#From: Wes Gray <[email protected]>
#From: WhyMe <[email protected]>
#From: ea aro <[email protected]>
#From: jason <[email protected]>
#From: le seigneur des rateaux <[email protected]>
#From: lordy <[email protected]>
#From: (e-mail address removed) (beginner_girl)

Looks like pretty much all trolls to me.

Note: I won't be downloading any articles on this thread.

Alan

Mr. Connor,

I applaud your efforts to nail down anonymous trolls, and please feel
free to continue labelling me as one of them if you insist, but my full
name and location are in the usenet archives. My posts are almost
exclusively confined to alt.atheism and alt.politics.homosexuality (and
cross-posts initiated by others), and all of my nicks contain the word
"Bretts", which is a derivative of my real first name "Brett". Further,
I'm willing to meet in real life anyone here who wants to meet me and
I've already offered to do so several times. If you'd like to meet me,
just drop me an email and we can make arrangements.

(That said, I have occassionally trolled as a stupid obnoxious
christian cretin, but mostly just for the purpose of parodying
loud-mouthed fundies, whom I find to be a mostly contemptible bunch.)

Bretts
Gospel Bretts
Bretts Christ
Bretts the Baptist
Believe in Bretts
etc. etc.

Joe Feise

John Salerno wrote on 08/12/06 21:44:
Wow, you need some help. I post at work on one server, and then also at
home on another (and sometimes two), on both Windows and Linux, which I
just installed last Saturday and am currently exploring for the first time.

If that isn't enough to convince you, then *you* are the troll.

Please killfile AC. He is a known net-kook.

.:\:/:.