    But this person I KF'd has been rather helpful lately. That's enough for me
    I'm done.

    Bill

    Bill Cunningham, Jan 16, 2009

  2. Bill Cunningham

    Richard Guest

    "Bill Cunningham" <> writes:

    > I hate to engage in OT posts especailly about killfiles but since
    > there's been so much talk I will say something. I lurk clc just about
    > everyday and see what's being said concerning C. I have two persons in my
    > mental killfile and only had to actually add one person to an actual
    > killfile because he was posting trash to everything I put up. He's now out
    > of my killfile and things are much better. I never keep permanent killfiles.
    >
    > I'm not quite sure why people have been talking about killfiles lately
    > as the best thing to discourage trolling behavior is to ignore the posts.
    > But this person I KF'd has been rather helpful lately. That's enough for me
    > I'm done.
    >
    > Bill

    Nice of you to say so Bill. But we both know you're still a troll....

    --
    I'm not a person who particularly had heros when growing up.
    - What Dennis Ritchie could potentially say when asked about the hero worship coming from c.l.c.

    Richard, Jan 16, 2009

  3. Bill Cunningham

    CBFalconer Guest

    Bill Cunningham wrote:

    > I hate to engage in OT posts especailly about killfiles but since
    > there's been so much talk I will say something. I lurk clc just
    > about everyday and see what's being said concerning C. I have two
    > persons in my mental killfile and only had to actually add one
    > person to an actual killfile because he was posting trash to
    > everything I put up. He's now out of my killfile and things are
    > much better. I never keep permanent killfiles.
    >
    > I'm not quite sure why people have been talking about killfiles
    > lately as the best thing to discourage trolling behavior is to
    > ignore the posts. But this person I KF'd has been rather helpful
    > lately. That's enough for me I'm done.

    Your attitude is just fine. 'killfiles' just make it easy to
    ignore the trolls. With some newsreaders you have the option of
    selecting and reading troll-posts if you suspect they may be
    useful, even though they have been killed and have not taken up
    space and time transmitting to you.

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Jan 17, 2009