OT: knuth

Noah Roberts

I am wondering where someone goes to discuss and maybe get help on
TAOCP. Google doesn't turn up anything interesting except for
comp.text.tex. I was hoping to find a newsgroup or something where such
a discussion might be on topic. Anyone know of one?

NR

Mike Wahler

Noah Roberts said:
I am wondering where someone goes to discuss and maybe get help on
TAOCP. Google doesn't turn up anything interesting except for
comp.text.tex. I was hoping to find a newsgroup or something where such
a discussion might be on topic. Anyone know of one?

Perhaps comp.programming

-Mike

Arthur T. Murray

Noah Roberts wrote in on Sun, 28 Sep 2003:
I am wondering where someone goes to discuss
and maybe get help on TAOCP.

http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/taocp.html by Knuth being
The Art of Computer Programming, it might help AI coders working on
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/cpp.html -- C++ with early AI code;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/java.html -- see Mind.JAVA #1 & #2;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/lisp.html -- Lisp AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/perl.html -- first Perl module;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/prolog.html -- Prolog AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/python.html -- Python AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/ruby.html -- Ruby AI Blog (OO AI);
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/scheme.html -- Scheme AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/vb.html -- see "Mind.VB #001" link.
Google doesn't turn up anything interesting except for
comp.text.tex. I was hoping to find a newsgroup or something
where such a discussion might be on topic. Anyone know of one?

The Usenet forum of is one possible venue.

ATM

Noah Roberts

I appreciate the help, but there was no need to crosspost my thread to
comp.programming as I was already there reviewing the group. Some
people like to lurk pre first-post and now I don't get to. A simple
pointer like Mr. Wahler provided is a much better approach.
[SNIPPED of topic links]

Please stop polluting this newsgroup with repeated off-topic messages and
links! (those are considered spam)

When complaining about things like this it might also be a good idea NOT
to follow the crosspost and to simply post to the newsgroup in question.

NR