OT: Laptop Computer Needed

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Anthony Papillion-Saffer, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Hello Everyone,

    I am looking for someone who is wanting to sell a fairly new PC or Mac
    laptop but is willing to accept payments for it. What I'd like to do is
    something like $100 right away then $100 within one month then pay the rest
    out on $50-$60 a month payments. I am also willing to sign a promissory note
    to make it all legal. I'm in the United States (Oklahoma) and can provide
    you with a verifiable address (that's listed in the phone book and on county
    records) for me.

    Here's what I need:

    - At least a 2.1Ghz Processor (doesn't matter the brand)
    - At least 256MB RAM (preferably 512 but I'm open)
    - 40GB Hard Drive (bigger is better)
    - At least a 15" Display
    - On-board ethernet, modem, and sound.
    - Built-in Wireless (optional)
    - System should be in working condition

    I'd like to spend no more than $1500.00 to 1800.00 on this sytem. It will be
    used as a portable development machine

    I am interested in doing business right away. If you're interested please
    contact me either via email at or by
    telephone. Home number is (918) 542-8251 and Mobile is (918) 926-0139. I pay
    full shipping.

    Thanks!
    Anthony Papillion

    Anthony Papillion-Saffer, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Anthony Papillion-Saffer

    Wouter Guest

    Re: Laptop Computer Needed

    You can buy a new Aser notebook for that price with even better stuff in it.
    Look for an XP64 processor type in that laptop machine.

    XP64, 3000+, 512MB, 60GB, DVD writer, 15'' sells for about 1200 euro's
    (about $1600,-).

    Good luck!
    Wouter

    "Anthony Papillion-Saffer" <> wrote in
    message news:1104960232.793a5de671ce5bc71e328c3cde55409e@teranews...
    : Hello Everyone,
    :

    Wouter, Jan 6, 2005

  3. Anthony Papillion-Saffer

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 5-Jan-2005, "Anthony Papillion-Saffer"
    <> wrote:

    > I am looking for someone who is wanting to sell a fairly new PC or Mac
    > laptop but is willing to accept payments for it.

    Yeah. And the check's in the mail.

    Sam Crawford, Jan 6, 2005
  4. lol

    please buy mine!!! It's about two years old and cost me $1200 euro's
    back then - it has much better specs than you described (512MB RAM,
    2.5Ghz, DVD+/- burner,wifi,bluetooth,60GB HD,ATI radeon 9200 64MB), and
    you can buy it from me for $1500 so I can buy a nice new one :) (some
    fancy 4Ghz thingy or something)

    Harrie Verveer, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Anthony Papillion-Saffer

    James Garvin Guest

    Re: Laptop Computer Needed

    Wouter wrote:
    > You can buy a new Aser notebook for that price with even better stuff in it.
    > Look for an XP64 processor type in that laptop machine.
    >
    > XP64, 3000+, 512MB, 60GB, DVD writer, 15'' sells for about 1200 euro's
    > (about $1600,-).
    >
    > Good luck!
    > Wouter
    >

    > "Anthony Papillion-Saffer" <> wrote in
    > message news:1104960232.793a5de671ce5bc71e328c3cde55409e@teranews...
    > : Hello Everyone,
    > :
    > : I am looking for someone who is wanting to sell a fairly new PC or Mac
    > : laptop but is willing to accept payments for it. What I'd like to do is
    > : something like $100 right away then $100 within one month then pay the
    > rest
    > : out on $50-$60 a month payments. I am also willing to sign a promissory
    > note
    > : to make it all legal. I'm in the United States (Oklahoma) and can provide
    > : you with a verifiable address (that's listed in the phone book and on
    > county
    > : records) for me.
    > :
    > : Here's what I need:
    > :
    > : - At least a 2.1Ghz Processor (doesn't matter the brand)
    > : - At least 256MB RAM (preferably 512 but I'm open)
    > : - 40GB Hard Drive (bigger is better)
    > : - At least a 15" Display
    > : - On-board ethernet, modem, and sound.
    > : - Built-in Wireless (optional)
    > : - System should be in working condition
    > :
    > : I'd like to spend no more than $1500.00 to 1800.00 on this sytem. It will
    > be
    > : used as a portable development machine
    > :
    > : I am interested in doing business right away. If you're interested please
    > : contact me either via email at or by
    > : telephone. Home number is (918) 542-8251 and Mobile is (918) 926-0139. I
    > pay
    > : full shipping.
    > :
    > : Thanks!
    > : Anthony Papillion

    Anthony have you looked at the Linspire machines?

    James Garvin, Jan 6, 2005
  6. On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:24:06 -0600, Anthony Papillion-Saffer wrote:

    > I am looking for someone who is wanting to sell a fairly new PC or Mac
    > laptop but is willing to accept payments for it. What I'd like to do is

    Yeah, it seems likely that some shmoe on USENET will do this for you.

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Jan 6, 2005
  7. Can't help you out, but it looks like a low-end iBook would best suit
    you. I'm in Oklahoma too. Send me an email () and
    we'll do lunch sometime.

    Jon
    ----
    Learn to program using Linux assembly language
    http://www.cafeshops.com/bartlettpublish.8640017

    Jonathan Bartlett, Jan 6, 2005