OT: Link Checking Software?

darrel

This is a bit off topic for this group, but was hoping that maybe some of
you would have had experience with this.

We're looking for a link checking software product that will generate
reports for us showing where all the bad links on our site are. We need the
following features:

- GREP/REGEX filtering of URLs
- spider-based (it scans the live site routinely)
- will work in an IIS/Windows server environment.

Any suggestions?

I've looked at a number of open source/freeware/shareware products. They
either just didn't work, would crash, or didn't have any way to filter URLs,
so it'd take days to scan our site.

I then found one commercial prodcut (Watchfire) but their licensing is WAY
out of our budget (10k a year).

This seems like a product sector that is somewhat lacking in options.

-Darrel

Guest

Long back, i have used Site Server Express that came along with IIS for this
purpose. It can be used to generate reports on broken links.

- Augustin