    I've seen on the adobe site where there is an example of an expanding
    tree. Have asked in the flash newsgroup but no takers yet. Anyone here
    got a working example of a site that uses this thing?

    richard, Aug 17, 2008

  2. On Aug 16, 9:27 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > I've seen on the adobe site where there is an example of an expanding
    > tree. Have asked in the flash newsgroup but no takers yet. Anyone here
    > got a working example of a site that uses this thing?

    Expanding tree like a menu tree?

    http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/astra-flash/

    These are the Astra Flash components (very cool). I believe they are
    for CS3. One of the components is a Expandable tree that is run from
    XML. You can see an example of that component at the above URL
    (including source code etc...). There is a similar component in
    earlier versions of Flash if you don't have CS3. Flash provides the
    exact code needed to run their component in the help for the tree
    component. Again, this is run with XML so it is simple to change the
    tree.

    --
    Travis
    Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

    Travis Newbury, Aug 17, 2008

  3. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Aug 16, 9:27 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > > I've seen on the adobe site where there is an example of an expanding
    > > tree. Have asked in the flash newsgroup but no takers yet. Anyone here
    > > got a working example of a site that uses this thing?

    > Expanding tree like a menu tree?
    >
    > http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/astra-flash/
    >
    > These are the Astra Flash components (very cool). I believe they are
    > for CS3. One of the components is a Expandable tree that is run from
    > XML. You can see an example of that component at the above URL
    > (including source code etc...). There is a similar component in
    > earlier versions of Flash if you don't have CS3. Flash provides the
    > exact code needed to run their component in the help for the tree
    > component. Again, this is run with XML so it is simple to change the
    > tree.

    I am reminded of something I *used* to think was quite cool but I am not
    so sure of these days, I have no idea why the fonts always look so bad
    no matter how the parameters are set:

    http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/expandingMenu.html

    It uses an applet and the links go nowhere in this example. I am sure
    the Flash one would be classier. Me, I am happy to have a site map that
    is a simple list of all the links but maybe this *is* a bit boring.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 17, 2008
  4. On Aug 17, 6:37 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > > These are the Astra Flash components (very cool).

    > I am reminded of something I *used* to think was quite cool but I am not
    > so sure of these days, I have no idea why the fonts always look so bad
    > no matter how the parameters are set:

    In terms of free Flash based components that are easy to use, these
    are very cool.

    > Me, I am happy to have a site map that
    > is a simple list of all the links but maybe this *is* a bit boring.

    Maybe?

    Travis Newbury, Aug 17, 2008
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:37:42 +1000, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >In article
    ><>,
    > Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Aug 16, 9:27 pm, richard <> wrote:
    >> > I've seen on the adobe site where there is an example of an expanding
    >> > tree. Have asked in the flash newsgroup but no takers yet. Anyone here
    >> > got a working example of a site that uses this thing?

    >> Expanding tree like a menu tree?
    >>
    >> http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/astra-flash/
    >>
    >> These are the Astra Flash components (very cool). I believe they are
    >> for CS3. One of the components is a Expandable tree that is run from
    >> XML. You can see an example of that component at the above URL
    >> (including source code etc...). There is a similar component in
    >> earlier versions of Flash if you don't have CS3. Flash provides the
    >> exact code needed to run their component in the help for the tree
    >> component. Again, this is run with XML so it is simple to change the
    >> tree.
    >>

    >I am reminded of something I *used* to think was quite cool but I am not
    >so sure of these days, I have no idea why the fonts always look so bad
    >no matter how the parameters are set:
    >
    >http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/expandingMenu.html
    >
    >It uses an applet and the links go nowhere in this example. I am sure
    >the Flash one would be classier. Me, I am happy to have a site map that
    >is a simple list of all the links but maybe this *is* a bit boring.

    Nice one. But the scripting can be turned off and make the stuff
    unseen.

    http://www.4thorder.us/Scripts/Scripts/JS.MDME/

    I've used this one a couple of times but it's tricky setting it up.
    If scripting is turned off, it reverts to a noscript mode making all
    the data still available.

    richard, Aug 18, 2008