OT looking for a flash example

richard

I've seen on the adobe site where there is an example of an expanding
tree. Have asked in the flash newsgroup but no takers yet. Anyone here
got a working example of a site that uses this thing?

Travis Newbury

I've seen on the adobe site where there is an example of an expanding
tree. Have asked in the flash newsgroup but no takers yet. Anyone here
got a working example of a site that uses this thing?

Expanding tree like a menu tree?

http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/astra-flash/

These are the Astra Flash components (very cool). I believe they are
for CS3. One of the components is a Expandable tree that is run from
XML. You can see an example of that component at the above URL
(including source code etc...). There is a similar component in
earlier versions of Flash if you don't have CS3. Flash provides the
exact code needed to run their component in the help for the tree
component. Again, this is run with XML so it is simple to change the
tree.

dorayme

Travis Newbury said:
Expanding tree like a menu tree?

http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/astra-flash/

These are the Astra Flash components (very cool). I believe they are
for CS3. One of the components is a Expandable tree that is run from
XML. You can see an example of that component at the above URL
(including source code etc...). There is a similar component in
earlier versions of Flash if you don't have CS3. Flash provides the
exact code needed to run their component in the help for the tree
component. Again, this is run with XML so it is simple to change the
tree.

I am reminded of something I *used* to think was quite cool but I am not
so sure of these days, I have no idea why the fonts always look so bad
no matter how the parameters are set:

http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/expandingMenu.html

It uses an applet and the links go nowhere in this example. I am sure
the Flash one would be classier. Me, I am happy to have a site map that
is a simple list of all the links but maybe this *is* a bit boring.

Travis Newbury

I am reminded of something I *used* to think was quite cool but I am not
so sure of these days, I have no idea why the fonts always look so bad
no matter how the parameters are set:

In terms of free Flash based components that are easy to use, these
are very cool.
Me, I am happy to have a site map that
is a simple list of all the links but maybe this *is* a bit boring.

Maybe?

richard

I am reminded of something I *used* to think was quite cool but I am not
so sure of these days, I have no idea why the fonts always look so bad
no matter how the parameters are set:

http://dorayme.890m.com/alt/expandingMenu.html

It uses an applet and the links go nowhere in this example. I am sure
the Flash one would be classier. Me, I am happy to have a site map that
is a simple list of all the links but maybe this *is* a bit boring.

Nice one. But the scripting can be turned off and make the stuff
unseen.

http://www.4thorder.us/Scripts/Scripts/JS.MDME/

I've used this one a couple of times but it's tricky setting it up.
If scripting is turned off, it reverts to a noscript mode making all
the data still available.