OT: looking for best solutions for tracking projects and skills

Jason Hsu

I realize this is off-topic, but I'm not sure what forum is best for asking about this. I figure that at least a few of you are involved in civic hacking groups.

I recently joined a group that does civic hacking. (Adopt-A-Hydrant is an example of civic hacking.)

We need a solution for tracking projects and the skills needed for the projects (such as Ruby on Rails, Python, Drupal, Javascript, etc.).

I'd like to hear from those of you in similar groups that have a great system for tracking projects. Is there an in-house solution you use, or is there something else available?

Rob Clewley

I don't know about civic hacking, but Trello is a free online tool to
track high level aspects of collaborative projects. It is somewhat
focused on a "to do" planning perspective. But with the customizable
columns, labels, and checklists associated with items in the view I
think you might be able to track static info like skills.

-Rob

--
Robert Clewley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor