[ot?] matrix inversion

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

Hi,
where can I find ready-to-use function like

void Inverse(float **v; int n);

that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).

Best if it would be open-source

Tom St Denis

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj said:
Hi,
where can I find ready-to-use function like

void Inverse(float **v; int n);

that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).

Best if it would be open-source

Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!

****, if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
software at all...

Tom

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

(e-mail address removed)

Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
HOMEWORK!!!

Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
past for me.

No, thanks
if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
software at all...

In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather use
BigInt library for handlig big numbers, that waste time to write it from
scratch.

Hm, thanks for both comments any way, sorry for OT.

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

(e-mail address removed)

Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
HOMEWORK!!!

Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
past for me.

No, thanks
if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
software at all...

In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it
from scratch.

Hm, thanks for both comments any way, sorry for OT.

Tom St Denis

In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

And that would be? If you don't know high school algebra... um.... YOU
SHOULD NOT BE WRITING SOFTWARE!!!
I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather use
BigInt library for handlig big numbers, that waste time to write it from
scratch.

Then google for a library with matrix math. Duh.

Your question totally smacks of homework whether you admit it or not.

Tom

Joona I Palaste

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj said:
(e-mail address removed)
Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
past for me.

Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
writing to technical newsgroups at all?
In fact I exacly do have business in software development.
I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it
from scratch.

I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not pleased
at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing business for
four years, and never once have had to write a matrix inversion routine
from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not everyone is writing the
same software as he is?

Tom St Denis

Joona I Palaste said:
Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
writing to technical newsgroups at all?

Um what is more critical to writing decent software. Knowing math, not
being lazy, being motivated or spelling correctly in usenet... Hmm...
I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not pleased
at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing business for
four years, and never once have had to write a matrix inversion routine
from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not everyone is writing the
same software as he is?

Maybe the question smacks of homeworkism? Cuz the bitch is probably off
from winter break and now has an assignment due. Instead of actually paying
attention in class and doing the lab work he probably skips class then last
minute looks for a fix.

That and the OP ought to learn what the **** google is. E.g. a quick google
turns up

http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf.html

Tom

Alan Balmer

Um what is more critical to writing decent software. Knowing math, not
being lazy, being motivated or spelling correctly in usenet... Hmm...

The question for me is what's required to write newsgroup articles I
want to read. Yours don't qualify, for several reasons, not the least
of which is a severe case of coprolalia.

Default User

Tom St Denis wrote:
Cuz the bitch is probably off from winter break and now has an assignment due.

I don't know what bug crawled up your ass, but I don't need to see this
sort of thing from you.

*plonk*

Brian Rodenborn

Ben Pfaff

Tom St Denis said:
Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!

****, if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
software at all...

Tom, that seems like a pretty over-the-top response to me. Not
everyone does numerical analysis for fun. I certainly don't. It
would be much better to just tell the OP that he's off-topic and
possibly direct him to a better place to ask than to flame him
that way.

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

(e-mail address removed)
Um what is more critical to writing decent software.
Knowing math, [...] or spelling correctly

Well, if You write i.e. spell-checking software, then... ;)

You know, not every program is about numerical methods, there are lots of
other applications to write...

I assume then if You had to write an genetic algorithm to optimize i.e.
areaodynamic construction of some shape (like car, airplane, etc) then You
will start with writting own DrawPolygon() function to visualize
computed 3d shape, (because You are not lazy and You don't want to use once
egzisting already).

But before, You will also need to write DrawScanLine()... even before You
will write PutPixel - basic on written by You SVGA graph drive using Yours
malloc(), compiled on Your's GCC compiler, running under Your's operating
system.

And maybe even build own PC before?

Good luck programming *everyting* Yourself.

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

(e-mail address removed)
Um what is more critical to writing decent software.
Knowing math, [...] or spelling correctly

Well, if You write i.e. spell-checking software, then... ;)

You know, not every program is about numerical methods, there are lots
of other applications to write...

I assume then if You had to write an genetic algorithm to optimize i.e.
areaodynamic construction of some shape (like car, airplane, etc) then
You will start with writting own DrawPolygon() function to visualize
computed 3d shape, (because You are not lazy and You don't want to use
once egzisting already).

But before, You will also need to write DrawScanLine()... even before
You will write PutPixel - basic on written by You SVGA graph drive using
Yours malloc(), compiled on Your's GCC compiler, running under Your's
operating system.

And maybe even build own PC before?

Good luck programming *everything* Yourself.

Joona I Palaste

Maybe the question smacks of homeworkism? Cuz the bitch is probably off
from winter break and now has an assignment due. Instead of actually paying
attention in class and doing the lab work he probably skips class then last
minute looks for a fix.
That and the OP ought to learn what the **** google is. E.g. a quick google
turns up

Tom, one more gratuitously rude response like this, and you're
killfiled.

Dan Pop

In said:
Tom, one more gratuitously rude response like this, and you're
killfiled.

If you think that he cares about being killfiled by you, you have a
serious ego problem.

Dan

Randy Howard

And that would be? If you don't know high school algebra... um.... YOU
SHOULD NOT BE WRITING SOFTWARE!!!

I thought you already had a newsgroup to haunt.

What if he happens to be a writer of word processors? Why should he know
anything about matrix inversion? Why must you always see everything
through your crypto colored glasses? Don't bother answering, just
stop being a $#%^ about it.
Your question totally smacks of homework whether you admit it or not.

Not every question that might be assigned somewhere on the planet as
homework is a homework problem for the person asking it here.

CBFalconer

Joona said:
.... snip ...

I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not
pleased at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing
business for four years, and never once have had to write a matrix
inversion routine from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not
everyone is writing the same software as he is?

I haven't seen any of his posts for at least a year. I just
disabled the PLONK temporarily, but it sounds as if it will have
to go back.

I believe him to be a pubescent teenager from Ottawa, Canada with
a severe civility disorder.

CBFalconer

Alan said:
The question for me is what's required to write newsgroup articles
I want to read. Yours don't qualify, for several reasons, not the
least of which is a severe case of coprolalia.

You did it. You drove me to the dictionary. Highly appropriate.
I shall have to try to tuck it into my bag of tricks.

Joona I Palaste

CBFalconer said:
Joona I Palaste wrote:
... snip ...
I haven't seen any of his posts for at least a year. I just
disabled the PLONK temporarily, but it sounds as if it will have
to go back.
I believe him to be a pubescent teenager from Ottawa, Canada with
a severe civility disorder.

Why specifically from Ottawa, Canada?