    GG-1175498 ____| ]____,
    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj X-( * )
    Rafal(at)Raf256(dot)com ,"----------"
    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Tom St Denis Guest

    "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > where can I find ready-to-use function like
    >
    > void Inverse(float **v; int n);
    >
    > that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).
    >
    > Best if it would be open-source

    Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!

    ****, if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
    software at all...

    Tom
    Tom St Denis, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj <> spoke thus:

    > where can I find ready-to-use function like
    > void Inverse(float **v; int n);
    > that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).
    > Best if it would be open-source

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

    http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/writings/clc/off-topic.html

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Jan 14, 2004

  4. news:AhbNb.21870$

    > Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
    > HOMEWORK!!!

    Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
    past for me.

    > ****,

    No, thanks

    > if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
    > software at all...

    In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

    I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather use
    BigInt library for handlig big numbers, that waste time to write it from
    scratch.

    Hm, thanks for both comments any way, sorry for OT.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~l-.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GG-1175498 ____| ]____,
    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Jan 14, 2004

  5. news:AhbNb.21870$

    > Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
    > HOMEWORK!!!

    Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
    past for me.

    > ****,

    No, thanks

    > if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
    > software at all...

    In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

    I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
    use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it

    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    > > if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
    > > software at all...

    > In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

    And that would be? If you don't know high school algebra... um.... YOU
    SHOULD NOT BE WRITING SOFTWARE!!!

    > I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather

    use
    > BigInt library for handlig big numbers, that waste time to write it from
    > scratch.

    Then google for a library with matrix math. Duh.

    Your question totally smacks of homework whether you admit it or not.

    Tom
    Tom St Denis, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj <> scribbled the following:

    >> Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
    >> HOMEWORK!!!

    > Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
    > past for me.

    >> if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
    >> software at all...

    Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
    writing to technical newsgroups at all?

    > In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

    > I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
    > use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it
    > from scratch.

    I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not pleased
    at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing business for
    four years, and never once have had to write a matrix inversion routine
    from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not everyone is writing the
    same software as he is?

    "It's not survival of the fattest, it's survival of the fittest."
    - Ludvig von Drake
    Joona I Palaste, Jan 14, 2004
  8. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Tom St Denis Guest

    "Joona I Palaste" <> wrote in message
    > Rafal 'Raf256' Maj <> scribbled the following:

    > >> Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
    > >> HOMEWORK!!!

    > > Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
    > > past for me.

    > >> if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
    > >> software at all...

    > Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
    > writing to technical newsgroups at all?

    Um what is more critical to writing decent software. Knowing math, not
    being lazy, being motivated or spelling correctly in usenet... Hmm...

    > > In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

    > > I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
    > > use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it
    > > from scratch.

    > I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not pleased
    > at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing business for
    > four years, and never once have had to write a matrix inversion routine
    > from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not everyone is writing the
    > same software as he is?

    Maybe the question smacks of homeworkism? Cuz the bitch is probably off
    from winter break and now has an assignment due. Instead of actually paying
    attention in class and doing the lab work he probably skips class then last
    minute looks for a fix.

    That and the OP ought to learn what the **** google is. E.g. a quick google
    turns up

    http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf.html

    Tom
    Tom St Denis, Jan 14, 2004
  9. "Tom St Denis" <> wrote in

    > That and the OP ought to learn what the f*ck google is. E.g. a quick
    > google turns up

    Would you mind not cursing in a professional newsgroup?
    --
    - Mark ->
    Mark A. Odell, Jan 14, 2004
  10. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:40:55 GMT, "Tom St Denis" <>
    wrote:

    >> Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
    >> writing to technical newsgroups at all?

    >Um what is more critical to writing decent software. Knowing math, not
    >being lazy, being motivated or spelling correctly in usenet... Hmm...

    The question for me is what's required to write newsgroup articles I
    want to read. Yours don't qualify, for several reasons, not the least
    of which is a severe case of coprolalia.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting
    Alan Balmer, Jan 14, 2004
  11. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Default User Guest

    Tom St Denis wrote:

    > Cuz the bitch is probably off from winter break and now has an assignment due.

    I don't know what bug crawled up your ass, but I don't need to see this
    sort of thing from you.

    *plonk*

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, Jan 14, 2004
  12. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    "Tom St Denis" <> writes:

    > "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> where can I find ready-to-use function like
    >>
    >> void Inverse(float **v; int n);
    >>
    >> that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).
    >>
    >> Best if it would be open-source

    > Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!
    >
    > ****, if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
    > software at all...

    Tom, that seems like a pretty over-the-top response to me. Not
    everyone does numerical analysis for fun. I certainly don't. It
    would be much better to just tell the OP that he's off-topic and
    possibly direct him to a better place to ask than to flame him
    that way.
    --
    "The way I see it, an intelligent person who disagrees with me is
    probably the most important person I'll interact with on any given
    Ben Pfaff, Jan 14, 2004

  13. news:XxcNb.22999$

    > Um what is more critical to writing decent software.
    > Knowing math, [...] or spelling correctly

    Well, if You write i.e. spell-checking software, then... ;)

    You know, not every program is about numerical methods, there are lots of
    other applications to write...

    I assume then if You had to write an genetic algorithm to optimize i.e.
    areaodynamic construction of some shape (like car, airplane, etc) then You
    will start with writting own DrawPolygon() function to visualize
    computed 3d shape, (because You are not lazy and You don't want to use once
    egzisting already).

    But before, You will also need to write DrawScanLine()... even before You
    will write PutPixel - basic on written by You SVGA graph drive using Yours
    malloc(), compiled on Your's GCC compiler, running under Your's operating
    system.

    And maybe even build own PC before?

    Good luck programming *everyting* Yourself.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~l-.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GG-1175498 ____| ]____,
    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Jan 14, 2004

  14. news:XxcNb.22999$

    > Um what is more critical to writing decent software.
    > Knowing math, [...] or spelling correctly

    Well, if You write i.e. spell-checking software, then... ;)

    You know, not every program is about numerical methods, there are lots
    of other applications to write...

    I assume then if You had to write an genetic algorithm to optimize i.e.
    areaodynamic construction of some shape (like car, airplane, etc) then
    You will start with writting own DrawPolygon() function to visualize
    computed 3d shape, (because You are not lazy and You don't want to use
    once egzisting already).

    But before, You will also need to write DrawScanLine()... even before
    You will write PutPixel - basic on written by You SVGA graph drive using
    Yours malloc(), compiled on Your's GCC compiler, running under Your's
    operating system.

    And maybe even build own PC before?

    Good luck programming *everything* Yourself.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~l-.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GG-1175498 ____| ]____,
    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Jan 14, 2004
  15. Tom St Denis <> scribbled the following:
    > "Joona I Palaste" <> wrote in message
    >> I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not pleased
    >> at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing business for
    >> four years, and never once have had to write a matrix inversion routine
    >> from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not everyone is writing the
    >> same software as he is?

    > Maybe the question smacks of homeworkism? Cuz the bitch is probably off
    > from winter break and now has an assignment due. Instead of actually paying
    > attention in class and doing the lab work he probably skips class then last
    > minute looks for a fix.

    > That and the OP ought to learn what the **** google is. E.g. a quick google
    > turns up

    > http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf.html

    Tom, one more gratuitously rude response like this, and you're
    killfiled.

    "I will never display my bum in public again."
    - Homer Simpson
    Joona I Palaste, Jan 14, 2004
  16. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <bu40kh$8ha$> Joona I Palaste <> writes:

    >Tom, one more gratuitously rude response like this, and you're
    >killfiled.

    If you think that he cares about being killfiled by you, you have a
    serious ego problem.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group
    Dan Pop, Jan 14, 2004
  17. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Randy Howard Guest

    In article <QmcNb.22869$>,
    says...
    > "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <> wrote in message
    > > In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

    > And that would be? If you don't know high school algebra... um.... YOU
    > SHOULD NOT BE WRITING SOFTWARE!!!

    I thought you already had a newsgroup to haunt.

    What if he happens to be a writer of word processors? Why should he know
    anything about matrix inversion? Why must you always see everything
    through your crypto colored glasses? Don't bother answering, just
    stop being a $#%^ about it.

    > Your question totally smacks of homework whether you admit it or not.

    Not every question that might be assigned somewhere on the planet as
    homework is a homework problem for the person asking it here.

    --
    Randy Howard
    2reply remove FOOBAR
    Randy Howard, Jan 14, 2004
  18. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    CBFalconer Guest

    Joona I Palaste wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not
    > pleased at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing
    > business for four years, and never once have had to write a matrix
    > inversion routine from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not
    > everyone is writing the same software as he is?

    I haven't seen any of his posts for at least a year. I just
    disabled the PLONK temporarily, but it sounds as if it will have
    to go back.

    I believe him to be a pubescent teenager from Ottawa, Canada with
    a severe civility disorder.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Jan 14, 2004
  19. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    CBFalconer Guest

    Alan Balmer wrote:
    > "Tom St Denis" <> wrote:
    >
    > > ... nothing of importance ...

    > The question for me is what's required to write newsgroup articles
    > I want to read. Yours don't qualify, for several reasons, not the
    > least of which is a severe case of coprolalia.

    You did it. You drove me to the dictionary. Highly appropriate.
    I shall have to try to tuck it into my bag of tricks.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Jan 14, 2004
  20. CBFalconer <> scribbled the following:
    > Joona I Palaste wrote:
    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >> I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not
    >> pleased at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing
    >> business for four years, and never once have had to write a matrix
    >> inversion routine from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not
    >> everyone is writing the same software as he is?

    > I haven't seen any of his posts for at least a year. I just
    > disabled the PLONK temporarily, but it sounds as if it will have
    > to go back.

    > I believe him to be a pubescent teenager from Ottawa, Canada with
    > a severe civility disorder.

    Why specifically from Ottawa, Canada?

    "How come even in my fantasies everyone is a jerk?"
    - Daria Morgendorfer
    Joona I Palaste, Jan 14, 2004