[ot?] matrix inversion

Richard Heathfield

E. Robert Tisdale said:
Allin Cottrell wrote:

plonk

<networking, abuse> (Possibly influenced by
British slang "plonk" for cheap booze or

"plonker" for someone behaving stupidly;

usually written "*plonk*")
The sound a newbie makes as he falls to the bottom of a kill file.
While this term originated in the Usenet newsgroup talk.bizarre,
by 1994 it was widespread on Usenet and mailing lists
as a form of public ridicule.

Another theory is that
it is an acronym for "Person with Little Or No Knowledge".

http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=plonk

The Tisdale AS module seems to have developed a bug again. Its reply has no
relevance whatsoever to the article to which it is replying.

CBFalconer

Richard said:
.... snip ...

The Tisdale AS module seems to have developed a bug again. Its
reply has no relevance whatsoever to the article to which it is
replying.

<nit> Long eared donkeys are spelled with two esses </nit>

Dan Pop

In said:
Oh gratuitous! Admittedly, you're just saying that this is a possible
conclusion from a somewhat specious argument, but all the same, who
would want to plonk Joona?

The point is that the newbie, being a newbie, doesn't know whether Joona
is a highly plonkable member of the newsgroup or not. Therefore, the
newbie can't decide between the conclusion suggested by Chuck and the one
suggested by myself.

There was no implied judgment WRT Joona in my previous post.

Dan