    something, however small initially.

    Best regards

    Rob

    Rob, May 28, 2007

  2. Rob

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, May 28, 2007

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Re: ActiveX / .Net

    Mark Rae" wrote:

    > Google is your friend:http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&r...

    LOL - thanks Mark, ironically I had been using Google, but clearly
    with too many words!

    Just to check, ActiveX is what I want isn't it - ie, to communicate
    between code on the client PC and the server via the browser?

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob, May 28, 2007
  4. Rob

    Mark Rae Guest

    Re: ActiveX / .Net

    "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > Just to check, ActiveX is what I want isn't it - ie, to communicate
    > between code on the client PC and the server via the browser?

    Either ActiveX or a Java applet...

    Bear in mind, though, that you'll have to seriously ramp down your
    security...

    What are you actually trying to achieve...?

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 28, 2007
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Re: ActiveX / .Net

    Mark Rae wrote:

    > Either ActiveX or a Java applet...

    ActiveX it is then..

    > Bear in mind, though, that you'll have to seriously ramp down your security...

    That shouldn't be a problem, in the NHS we're behind about a bazillion
    firewalls and stuff so I'm not too worried about that..

    > What are you actually trying to achieve...?

    To be honest, initially I just want to get something really small and
    stupid working, a nice little "Hello World" will suffice, after that,
    well, who knows - I'll see how I get on...thanks for your help..

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob, May 28, 2007
  6. Rob

    Mark Rae Guest

    Re: ActiveX / .Net

    "Rob" <> wrote in message

    >> What are you actually trying to achieve...?

    > To be honest, initially I just want to get something really small and
    > stupid working, a nice little "Hello World" will suffice, after that,
    > well, who knows - I'll see how I get on...thanks for your help..

    Please don't be offended by this, but you've got this 100% backwards...

    One of the biggest mistake you can make is to discover a technology and then
    go looking for a problem for it to solve...

    Business requirements need to drive IT solutions - not the other way
    round...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, May 28, 2007