OT MS releases new set top receiver

Davmagic .Com

For those of you who are interested, MS now has released their new
"WebTv" as you used to know it... it now has a Browser that compares to
IE6, along with broadband capabilities... works with any TV set and is
available for about $199.00 USD...

Read about it here: http://www.msntv.com/tv/

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

brucie

In alt.html Davmagic .Com said:
"WebTv" as you used to know it... it now has a Browser that compares to
IE6,

can they get away with selling broken products without a warning label?

SpaceGirl

brucie said:
In alt.html Davmagic .Com said:

can they get away with selling broken products without a warning label?

AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.

This Is Not A Good Thing.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

brucie

In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
This Is Not A Good Thing.

36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
worrying about.

SpaceGirl

brucie said:
In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
worrying about.

Might be a problem if they're in your particular target market... :/

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed) (brucie)
36 million AOLers out of about one billion
internet users are not worth worrying
about.

Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
percentage...

No, we're not going to worry... but there has to be some kind of logic
behind this...

BTW... MS's decision to release this new set top box... indicates that
they think there are going to be _more_ people world wide who want to
connect their televisions up to the internet...

In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
Might be a problem if they're in your particular target market... :/

they're not, they're too hard to cater for. medium sized amoebas are as
low as i go, they can at least remember they're own name.

Toby Inkster

Davmagic said:
Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
percentage...

But not all AOLers will actually use the AOL browser -- many will simply
minimise AOL and then surf using whatever browser they like.

And most of the others who continue blindly using the AOL browser are
likely to be less experienced surfers, less trusting of online payment,
less likely to buy stuff online, etc...

Samuël van Laere

SpaceGirl said:
AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.

This Is Not A Good Thing.

Never ever heard of AOL's browser before,
never knew that providers build there own browsers to begin with.
Is that browser only available to AOL users?

Regards,
Samuël

Toby Inkster

Samuël van Laere said:
Never ever heard of AOL's browser before,
never knew that providers build there own browsers to begin with.

AOL is not an ISP though. It is an Online Service and provides a certain
level of Internet access through that.

AOL has a big piece of proprietry software that allows you to access all
their stuff and includes a browsing component.

Joel Shepherd

Martin Jay said:
But, but, but... AOL *is* the Internet. :)

Well, it's *a* Internet. According to the esteemed leader of my
motherland, there are apparently multiple Internets. Who am I to argue?
It might demoralize the troops if I do.

Really, for the true story of the Internet -- Internet*S*, excuse me --
you really only have to talk to Al Gore and George Bush. Do keep that in
mind, won't you?

;-)

--
Joel.

http://www.cv6.org/
"May she also say with just pride:
I have done the State some service."

Leif K-Brooks

Joel said:
Well, it's *a* Internet. According to the esteemed leader of my
motherland, there are apparently multiple Internets. Who am I to argue?
It might demoralize the troops if I do.

Well, "internet" (lower-case I) can be used to refer to any set of
interconnected computer networks. The Internet (upper-case I) is the
largest example, but there are others.

I doubt that's what Georgey meant, though...