    Paint A House
    http://www.paintahouse.com
    NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

    Davmagic .Com, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Davmagic .Com

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Davmagic .Com said:

    > "WebTv" as you used to know it... it now has a Browser that compares to
    > IE6,

    can they get away with selling broken products without a warning label?

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Davmagic .Com

    SpaceGirl Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html Davmagic .Com said:
    >

    >>"WebTv" as you used to know it... it now has a Browser that compares to
    >>IE6,

    > can they get away with selling broken products without a warning label?

    AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.

    This Is Not A Good Thing.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Davmagic .Com

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

    > AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
    > This Is Not A Good Thing.

    36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
    worrying about.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 12, 2004
  5. Davmagic .Com

    SpaceGirl Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
    >

    >>AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
    >>This Is Not A Good Thing.

    > 36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
    > worrying about.

    Might be a problem if they're in your particular target market... :/

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 12, 2004

  6. >From: (brucie)
    >>In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
    >>AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
    >>This Is Not A Good Thing.

    >36 million AOLers out of about one billion
    >internet users are not worth worrying
    >about.

    Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
    percentage...

    No, we're not going to worry... but there has to be some kind of logic
    behind this...

    BTW... MS's decision to release this new set top box... indicates that
    they think there are going to be _more_ people world wide who want to
    connect their televisions up to the internet...

    Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
    http://www.davmagic.com

    Davmagic .Com, Oct 12, 2004
  7. Davmagic .Com

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

    >> 36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
    >> worrying about.

    > Might be a problem if they're in your particular target market... :/

    they're not, they're too hard to cater for. medium sized amoebas are as
    low as i go, they can at least remember they're own name.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 12, 2004
  8. Davmagic .Com

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, Davmagic
    ..Com says...

    > >From: (brucie)
    > >>In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
    > >>AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
    > >>This Is Not A Good Thing.

    > >36 million AOLers out of about one billion
    > >internet users are not worth worrying
    > >about.

    > Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
    > percentage...

    Depends on your "billion" I suppose.

    --
    Hywel

    http://sponsorhywel.org.uk/

    Hywel, Oct 12, 2004
  9. Davmagic .Com

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Davmagic .Com wrote:
    > (brucie) wrote:
    >
    >> 36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
    >> worrying about.

    > Wait a min... that's about 3.6% ... and I think a significant
    > percentage...

    But not all AOLers will actually use the AOL browser -- many will simply
    minimise AOL and then surf using whatever browser they like.

    And most of the others who continue blindly using the AOL browser are
    likely to be less experienced surfers, less trusting of online payment,
    less likely to buy stuff online, etc...

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Oct 12, 2004
  10. "SpaceGirl" <> wrote:

    > AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
    >
    > This Is Not A Good Thing.

    Never ever heard of AOL's browser before,
    never knew that providers build there own browsers to begin with.
    Is that browser only available to AOL users?

    Regards,
    Samuël

    Samuël van Laere, Oct 12, 2004
  11. Davmagic .Com

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Samuël van Laere wrote:

    > Never ever heard of AOL's browser before,
    > never knew that providers build there own browsers to begin with.

    AOL is not an ISP though. It is an Online Service and provides a certain
    level of Internet access through that.

    AOL has a big piece of proprietry software that allows you to access all
    their stuff and includes a browsing component.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Oct 12, 2004
  12. Davmagic .Com

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <>, brucie
    <> writes
    >In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

    >> AOL's new browser is also based on IE6.
    >> This Is Not A Good Thing.

    >36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
    >worrying about.

    But, but, but... AOL *is* the Internet. :)
    --
    Martin Jay

    Martin Jay, Oct 14, 2004
  13. Martin Jay <> wrote:

    > brucie <> writes
    >
    > >36 million AOLers out of about one billion internet users are not worth
    > >worrying about.

    > But, but, but... AOL *is* the Internet. :)

    Well, it's *a* Internet. According to the esteemed leader of my
    motherland, there are apparently multiple Internets. Who am I to argue?
    It might demoralize the troops if I do.

    Really, for the true story of the Internet -- Internet*S*, excuse me --
    you really only have to talk to Al Gore and George Bush. Do keep that in
    mind, won't you?

    ;-)

    --
    Joel.

    http://www.cv6.org/
    "May she also say with just pride:
    I have done the State some service."

    Joel Shepherd, Oct 15, 2004
  14. Davmagic .Com

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:56:49 +0100, Hywel <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Depends on your "billion" I suppose.

    A billion these days is generally understood to be 1000 million, not a
    million million.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Oct 15, 2004
  15. Joel Shepherd wrote:
    > Well, it's *a* Internet. According to the esteemed leader of my
    > motherland, there are apparently multiple Internets. Who am I to argue?
    > It might demoralize the troops if I do.

    Well, "internet" (lower-case I) can be used to refer to any set of
    interconnected computer networks. The Internet (upper-case I) is the
    largest example, but there are others.

    I doubt that's what Georgey meant, though...

    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 15, 2004