OT: Need Project Tracking software

Antonio

Hi, sorry for the OT question but the readers opinions will matter more
to me.

I team lead a small development team of .net and sql programmers.
There is another team in our group like ours. We are tracking our
project requests and statuses in Excel as it is shared with people
ourside our teams who also need update abilities.

We're looking for a good project tracking software for teams like ours.
It can be web based preferrably.

PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to have us write it ourselves. :) We
can but need to focus on our dev projects.

can you readers suggest some of the 3rd party project tracking and
request applications that you use today that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Mythran

Antonio said:
Hi, sorry for the OT question but the readers opinions will matter more
to me.

I team lead a small development team of .net and sql programmers.
There is another team in our group like ours. We are tracking our
project requests and statuses in Excel as it is shared with people
ourside our teams who also need update abilities.

We're looking for a good project tracking software for teams like ours.
It can be web based preferrably.

PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to have us write it ourselves. :) We
can but need to focus on our dev projects.

can you readers suggest some of the 3rd party project tracking and
request applications that you use today that you would recommend?

Thanks!

There are quite a few out there. For our development team, we created our
own so that we can implement our own functionality for SCRUM. Good stuff,
but you may want to try SourceForge.net

hth,
Mythran

Eliyahu Goldin

An obvious suggestion is the Microsoft Team Foundation Server, if you are
upgrading to VS 2005 and can afford it.

Eliyahu

Michael S

Eliyahu Goldin said:
An obvious suggestion is the Microsoft Team Foundation Server, if you are
upgrading to VS 2005 and can afford it.

Eliyahu

Actually, while quite expensive for such a system, as there are free stuff
out there; we are planning on buying a team foundation server license. Looks
great. We have to test it further though.

- Michael S

Guest

Of course no SW can help you if there are team members who won't use it.

Even a simple text file is great to track the progress of a project, if you
successfully persuade others to use it.

ML

yoxel.com

We have developed a release planning/tracking system at yoxel.com.
It is flexible enough so that you can do either waterfall/predictiv
planning or agile/incremental/adaptive. If you start doing 1mont
incremental releases with our RPS you get SCRUM :), or very close t
it.

See for yourself in our demo account at www.yoxel.com

Best of luck,
-Ole