    can you readers suggest some of the 3rd party project tracking and
    request applications that you use today that you would recommend?

    Thanks!

    Antonio, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Antonio

    jamie Guest

    > can you readers suggest some of the 3rd party project tracking and
    > request applications that you use today that you would recommend?

    www.spudcity.com/traxtime/traxtime.htm

    small app, dead easy to use.

    JAmie

    jamie, Dec 20, 2005

  3. Antonio

    Mythran Guest

    Re: Need Project Tracking software

    "Antonio" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, sorry for the OT question but the readers opinions will matter more
    > to me.
    >
    > I team lead a small development team of .net and sql programmers.
    > There is another team in our group like ours. We are tracking our
    > project requests and statuses in Excel as it is shared with people
    > ourside our teams who also need update abilities.
    >
    > We're looking for a good project tracking software for teams like ours.
    > It can be web based preferrably.
    >
    > PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to have us write it ourselves. :) We
    > can but need to focus on our dev projects.
    >
    > can you readers suggest some of the 3rd party project tracking and
    > request applications that you use today that you would recommend?
    >
    > Thanks!

    There are quite a few out there. For our development team, we created our
    own so that we can implement our own functionality for SCRUM. Good stuff,
    but you may want to try SourceForge.net

    hth,
    Mythran

    Mythran, Dec 20, 2005
  4. Antonio

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Re: Need Project Tracking software

    SourceGear's Dragnet is cheap and it ties in really well with their most
    awesome source control provider (vault)
    http://sourcegear.com/

    FogBugz is popular and also cheap
    http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/

    There's the Issue Tracker Starter Kit which is free:
    http://www.asp.net/starterkits/downloadissuetracker.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

    Karl
    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin, Dec 20, 2005
  5. Re: Need Project Tracking software

    Hi

    Visual Studio 2005 Team System

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/teamsystem/default.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/teamsystem/reference/overview/

    Regards
    --------------------------------
    Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Zurich, Switzerland

    IM:

    MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp

    Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/

    Mike Epprecht \(SQL MVP\), Dec 20, 2005
  6. Re: Need Project Tracking software

    An obvious suggestion is the Microsoft Team Foundation Server, if you are
    upgrading to VS 2005 and can afford it.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 20, 2005
  7. Antonio

    Michael S Guest

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in message
    > An obvious suggestion is the Microsoft Team Foundation Server, if you are
    > upgrading to VS 2005 and can afford it.
    >
    > Eliyahu

    Actually, while quite expensive for such a system, as there are free stuff
    out there; we are planning on buying a team foundation server license. Looks
    great. We have to test it further though.

    - Michael S

    Michael S, Dec 20, 2005
  8. Antonio

    Spam Catcher Guest

    wrote in news:enNTu$:

    > SourceGear's Dragnet is cheap and it ties in really well with their most
    > awesome source control provider (vault)
    > http://sourcegear.com/

    We use Vault + Dragnet. Vault works wonderfully... but I find that DragNet
    needs additional refinement.

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Dec 20, 2005
  9. Antonio

    Brian P Guest

    We use TRAC which is an integrated source control, bug tracker and
    project management tool. It is free and open source.

    http://projects.edgewall.com/trac

    --Brian

    Brian P, Dec 20, 2005
  10. Of course no SW can help you if there are team members who won't use it.

    Even a simple text file is great to track the progress of a project, if you
    successfully persuade others to use it.

    ML

    ---
    http://milambda.blogspot.com/

    =?Utf-8?B?TUw=?=, Dec 20, 2005
  11. Antonio

    Jon Paal Guest

    Re: Need Project Tracking software

    http://www.ultraapps.com/freebugtrackinganddefecttracking.html

    Jon Paal, Dec 21, 2005
  12. Antonio

    yoxel.com Guest

    Re: Re: Need Project Tracking software

    We have developed a release planning/tracking system at yoxel.com.
    It is flexible enough so that you can do either waterfall/predictiv
    planning or agile/incremental/adaptive. If you start doing 1mont
    incremental releases with our RPS you get SCRUM :), or very close t
    it.

    See for yourself in our demo account at www.yoxel.com

    Best of luck,
    -Ole