    Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    see this.

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Default User

    Eric Sosman Guest

    Default User wrote:

    > Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    > see this.

    rply

    Eric Sosman, Dec 3, 2003

  3. On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:21:34 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Default User
    <> wrote:

    >Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    >see this.

    Your mission, brian, should you choose to accept it...

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Eric Sosman wrote:

    > Default User wrote:
    > >
    > > Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    > > see this.

    > rply

    Wow! The first non-Boeing response in a couple of weeks. Can others see
    my messages too?

    Brian Rodenborn
  5. Default User

    GIR Guest

    On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:21:34 GMT, Default User
    <> wrote:

    >Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    >see this.
    >

    >Brian Rodenborn

    brief reply
    GIR, Dec 3, 2003
  6. Default User

    GIR wrote:

    > On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:21:34 GMT, Default User
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    > >see this.

    > brief reply

    Great, thanks! I'm becoming cautiously optimistic that the problem is
    resolved, and I can stop cross-posting to my long-suffering friends over
    in alt.fan.tom-servo.

    Brian Rodenborn
  7. Default User wrote:
    > Eric Sosman wrote:
    >
    >>Default User wrote:
    >>
    >>>Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    >>>see this.

    >>rply

    > Wow! The first non-Boeing response in a couple of weeks. Can others see
    > my messages too?

    I'm seeing them. This one and the thread-starter. I don't show any other
    posts from you in the past few weeks.

    Reminds me of one of my previous ISPs. I was using them for about a week
    before I realized that nobody was replying to any of my usenet posts,
    and the Google archive didn't contain them. Tech support did a few
    things (over the 3 or 4 times I called in to report the problem):

    1) Posted a message of their own, and claimed it worked. Well, yeah, it
    *seems* to work as long as you don't try very hard to determine whether
    it really did or not.

    2) Emailed me to tell me the problem was fixed. It wasn't, of course.

    3) Told me to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the groups I was posting
    to. Of course, "subscribing" is a concept that applies to Usenet
    clients, not newfeeds or Usenet as a whole. I can post a message via
    TELNET if I want to. In fact I did, and it still didn't go through.

    I also searched the Google archives for posts from their server, and
    found that all posting from that server had stopped about 8 months
    earlier. Yay for ISP incompetence.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Dec 3, 2003
  8. Default User

    Kevin Goodsell wrote:

    > I'm seeing them. This one and the thread-starter. I don't show any other
    > posts from you in the past few weeks.

    Only a few. All of Boeing has had this problem, the IT guys have been
    working it with the hosting company.

    > Reminds me of one of my previous ISPs. I was using them for about a week
    > before I realized that nobody was replying to any of my usenet posts,
    > and the Google archive didn't contain them. Tech support did a few
    > things (over the 3 or 4 times I called in to report the problem):

    That's what we had. One of the of the most insidious errors, because the
    users can't really tell. The messages are on the local server, but never
    make it out.

    This applied to all of our non-alt groups. The alt groups have a
    separate provider, so I could sneaks posts out via cross-post to an alt
    group.

    Looks like, after nearly three weeks, they may fixed it. Yay.

    Brian Rodenborn
  9. On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:14:05 GMT, Default User
    <> wrote:

    >Wow! The first non-Boeing response in a couple of weeks. Can others see
    >my messages too?

    Nope. You're all alone.

    --
    #include <standard.disclaimer>
    _
    Kevin D. Quitt, Dec 4, 2003
  10. Default User

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: Newsfeed test

    "Default User" <> wrote in message
    > Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    > see this.

    I see you on my California server. But you did seem
    to have 'gone missing' for a while. I almost called
    Jack Malone. :)

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Dec 4, 2003
  11. Mark McIntyre <> scribbled the following:
    > On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:21:34 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Default User
    > <> wrote:
    >>Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    >>see this.

    > Your mission, brian, should you choose to accept it...

    And what if he doesn't?

    "When a man talks dirty to a woman, that's sexual harassment. When a woman talks
    dirty to a man, that's 14.99 per minute + local telephone charges!"
    - Ruben Stiller
    Joona I Palaste, Dec 7, 2003
  12. Joona I Palaste wrote:

    > Mark McIntyre <> scribbled the following:
    >
    >>On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:21:34 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Default User
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    >>>see this.

    >>Your mission, brian, should you choose to accept it...

    > And what if he doesn't?

    They always do, for some reason.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Dec 7, 2003
  13. Default User

    Morris Dovey Guest

    Joona I Palaste wrote:

    > Mark McIntyre <> scribbled the following:
    >
    >>On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:21:34 GMT, in comp.lang.c , Default User
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Still suffering propagation problems. Please post a brief reply if you
    >>>see this.

    >>Your mission, brian, should you choose to accept it...

    > And what if he doesn't?

    He'll self-destruct in 30 seconds (like the penguin on the TV).

    --
    Morris Dovey
    West Des Moines, Iowa USA
    Morris Dovey, Dec 7, 2003
  14. Default User

    Morris Dovey wrote:

    > Joona I Palaste wrote:
    >
    > > Mark McIntyre <> scribbled the following:

    > >>Your mission, brian, should you choose to accept it...

    > > And what if he doesn't?

    > He'll self-destruct in 30 seconds (like the penguin on the TV).

    Thanks all.

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, Dec 8, 2003