OT: Not c related

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Joe Estock, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Joe Estock

    Joe Estock Guest

    Sorry for the OT post everyone, however I just found out some very
    wonderful news today and after finding out I had to share it with
    everyone. First, a little background about myself. I got a D.U.I. when I
    was 18 which I received court supervision on. I got another D.U.I. just
    days before I turned 21...two D.U.I.'s under the age of 21 - I thought I
    was screwed. I called up the lady who did my evaluation almost two years
    ago and explained to her how I quit drinking and thought that a
    re-evaluation was in order since I have a different outlook on alcohol
    (and drugs) and I have an appointment there in two weeks. I also spoke
    to my attorney today and found out that I only need to go to an informal
    hearing to get my license back once I satisfy my requirements (eval,
    treatment, etc). In other words, roughly one month from today I will
    have my drivers license back in the state of Illinois. Now on to the
    matter of why am I posting this here. Everyone here has been through
    something traumatising in their life...some people handle it better than
    others. The way I used to handle problems is with alcohol which creates
    more problems. Take it from a guy who's been around and lived life for a
    while...alcohol solves nothing. Since I quit drinking I can now get my
    license back, and furthermore it has completely changed my entire
    perspective on life in general. Having my license revoked was quit
    difficult, but it is what made me become a computer programmer in the
    first place. Even after I get my license back I will keep my current job
    simply because it is the only thing I know and am good at. Those of you
    who follow the postings in c.l.c are just like me - that is we all share
    the same passion; programming using the c language. That is why I am
    sharing this with all of you. Good luck in life and stay away from the
    booze :)

    Joe Estock

    Joe Estock, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Joe Estock

    BGreene Guest

    Re: Not c related

    "Joe Estock" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry for the OT post everyone, however I just found out some very
    > wonderful news today and after finding out I had to share it with
    > everyone. First, a little background about myself. I got a D.U.I. when I
    > was 18 which I received court supervision on. I got another D.U.I. just
    > days before I turned 21...two D.U.I.'s under the age of 21 - I thought I
    > was screwed. I called up the lady who did my evaluation almost two years
    > ago and explained to her how I quit drinking and thought that a
    > re-evaluation was in order since I have a different outlook on alcohol
    > (and drugs) and I have an appointment there in two weeks. I also spoke
    > to my attorney today and found out that I only need to go to an informal
    > hearing to get my license back once I satisfy my requirements (eval,
    > treatment, etc). In other words, roughly one month from today I will
    > have my drivers license back in the state of Illinois. Now on to the
    > matter of why am I posting this here. Everyone here has been through
    > something traumatising in their life...some people handle it better than
    > others. The way I used to handle problems is with alcohol which creates
    > more problems. Take it from a guy who's been around and lived life for a
    > while...alcohol solves nothing. Since I quit drinking I can now get my
    > license back, and furthermore it has completely changed my entire
    > perspective on life in general. Having my license revoked was quit
    > difficult, but it is what made me become a computer programmer in the
    > first place. Even after I get my license back I will keep my current job
    > simply because it is the only thing I know and am good at. Those of you
    > who follow the postings in c.l.c are just like me - that is we all share
    > the same passion; programming using the c language. That is why I am
    > sharing this with all of you. Good luck in life and stay away from the
    > booze :)
    >
    > Joe Estock

    This is just a forum for C, your past or future are irrelevtant :)

    BGreene, Apr 16, 2005