OT: Olympics site

Discussion in 'HTML' started by +mrcakey, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. +mrcakey

    +mrcakey Guest

    +mrcakey, Aug 14, 2008

  2. +mrcakey wrote:

    > Anyone else see this in FF3 as a complete mess?
    >
    > http://www.olympic.org/common/search/search_uk.asp?lang=en&marque=Dire
    > ct+access&q=Search&lang=en&submit1=

    It looks like a complete mess in Opera 9.51 and Safari 3.1.2 as well
    (both on Windows), so it's not just FF3, I'm afraid.

    It looks "best" in IE7, but it still doesn't look too good there,
    either.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    Kim André Akerø, Aug 14, 2008

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Kim André Akerø
    <> writing in news:6giokqFg6r5iU1
    @mid.individual.net:

    > +mrcakey wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone else see this in FF3 as a complete mess?
    >>
    >> http://www.olympic.org/common/search/search_uk.asp?

    lang=en&marque=Dire
    >> ct+access&q=Search&lang=en&submit1=

    > It looks like a complete mess in Opera 9.51 and Safari 3.1.2 as well
    > (both on Windows), so it's not just FF3, I'm afraid.
    >
    > It looks "best" in IE7, but it still doesn't look too good there,
    > either.

    Didn't we already go through this before [http://contenu.nu/socog.html],
    only this time it looks _better_ with images turned off - 108 validation
    errors don't help. You would think...

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Aug 14, 2008
  4. +mrcakey

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Aug 15, 12:05 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Kim André Akerø
    > <> writing in news:6giokqFg6r5iU1
    > @mid.individual.net:
    >

    > > +mrcakey wrote:

    > >> Anyone else see this in FF3 as a complete mess?

    > >>http://www.olympic.org/common/search/search_uk.asp?

    > lang=en&marque=Dire
    > >> ct+access&q=Search&lang=en&submit1=

    > > It looks like a complete mess in Opera 9.51 and Safari 3.1.2 as well
    > > (both on Windows), so it's not just FF3, I'm afraid.

    > > It looks "best" in IE7, but it still doesn't look too good there,
    > > either.

    > Didn't we already go through this before [http://contenu.nu/socog.html],
    > only this time it looks _better_ with images turned off - 108 validation
    > errors don't help. You would think...

    Yeah, but what hope have we got when a mob that has already been sued
    once for having an un-accessible site goes and makes another one that
    is almost if not just as bad as the last one.
    I guess at least this one is not very useable by the entire population
    so they are not really discriminating again one particular group.
    Chaddy2222, Aug 14, 2008
  5. On Aug 14, 11:54 am, Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-
    > wrote:
    > I guess at least this one is not very useable by the entire population
    > so they are not really discriminating again one particular group.

    People use the "discriminating" word a little to freely. They are not
    "discriminating" against anyone.

    In any event, that's why I go to the Chinese for my Olympic
    information:

    http://en.beijing2008.cn/

    Looks great on every machine/browser I use, but I am sure someone's
    pussy still hurts when they look at it...

    --
    Travis
    Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com
    Travis Newbury, Aug 14, 2008
  6. +mrcakey

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 14 Aug 2008, Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > On Aug 14, 11:54 am, Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-
    > > wrote:
    >> I guess at least this one is not very useable by the entire population
    >> so they are not really discriminating again one particular group.

    > People use the "discriminating" word a little to freely. They are not
    > "discriminating" against anyone.
    >
    > In any event, that's why I go to the Chinese for my Olympic
    > information:
    >
    > http://en.beijing2008.cn/

    Actually, I like their chop suey better although it hasn't been the same
    since the orator Mayo C. Tongue kicked the wooden bucket.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 14, 2008

  7. > Neredbojiashttp://www.neredbojias.net/

    Where did the daily nudes go?
    Travis Newbury, Aug 18, 2008
  8. +mrcakey

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 18 Aug 2008, Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    >> Neredbojias http://www.neredbojias.net/

    > Where did the daily nudes go?

    I made some changes, putting "sensitive" stuff behind a "specials password"
    to keep the concerned citizens from having conniption fits.

    The p/w is free, though, on request, but you have to make the request (via
    the mail form) so I can send it to you without revealing it to the
    redoubtable public. And, of course, you must be of legal age...

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 18, 2008
  9. +mrcakey

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 18 Aug 2008, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > Travis Newbury wrote:
    >>> Neredbojiashttp://www.neredbojias.net/

    >> Where did the daily nudes go?

    > I don't think I've ever seen a Web site change so much. Boji can't seem
    > to settle on what it should be or look like.

    You got that right. I'm, er, seeking prefection...

    > Which, actually, is a
    > large part of its charm.

    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, Aug 18, 2008
  10. +mrcakey

    John Hosking Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 18 Aug 2008, Travis Newbury <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Neredbojias http://www.neredbojias.net/

    >> Where did the daily nudes go?

    > I made some changes, putting "sensitive" stuff behind a "specials password"
    > to keep the concerned citizens from having conniption fits.
    >
    > The p/w is free, though, on request, but you have to make the request (via
    > the mail form) so I can send it to you without revealing it to the
    > redoubtable public. And, of course, you must be of legal age...

    ....unlike the girls in the photos...

    :-0

    --
    John
    Possessive "its" has no apostrophe. Even on the Internet.
    John Hosking, Aug 18, 2008