    "Emulate Text Browser" is missing. Really annoying because I use this a
    lot.

    Any ideas?
    Nik Coughlin, Oct 23, 2007

  2. Nik Coughlin

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Oct 23, 1:19 am, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:
    > I've just installed Opera 9.24 in Vista, and when I click View->Style
    > "Emulate Text Browser" is missing. Really annoying because I use this a
    > lot.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I'm am on XP. I had Opera 9.23. I checked and there was an update to
    9.24, which I took. After installing, "About" confirmed that I am now
    using 9.24. However if You go to View > Style, "Emulate Text Browser"
    is still on the list, and the check box for it is working.

    I do not know if your problem is some fluke, in which case
    reinstalling might clear the problem up. On the other hand it might
    have something to do with Vista. If you go to the Opera site and check
    their forum, you might be able to find out if your problem is being
    had by others who use Vista. Some of the Opera employees sometimes
    post, and they often can give some good information about strange
    issues such as the one you have.
    cwdjrxyz, Oct 23, 2007

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "cwdjrxyz" <> wrote in message
    > On Oct 23, 1:19 am, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:
    >> I've just installed Opera 9.24 in Vista, and when I click View->Style
    >> "Emulate Text Browser" is missing. Really annoying because I use this a
    >> lot.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > I'm am on XP. I had Opera 9.23. I checked and there was an update to
    > 9.24, which I took. After installing, "About" confirmed that I am now
    > using 9.24. However if You go to View > Style, "Emulate Text Browser"
    > is still on the list, and the check box for it is working.
    >
    > I do not know if your problem is some fluke, in which case
    > reinstalling might clear the problem up. On the other hand it might
    > have something to do with Vista. If you go to the Opera site and check
    > their forum, you might be able to find out if your problem is being
    > had by others who use Vista. Some of the Opera employees sometimes
    > post, and they often can give some good information about strange
    > issues such as the one you have.

    I took your advice and posted.

    The reason that it is missing on my install is that it is a fresh install;
    they dropped all of the "novelty" stylesheets in Opera 9. However, if you
    upgraded from an earlier version then they are still present on your hard
    disk.

    I just copied it over from my Windows XP machine, which has been running
    Opera fairly much forever.

    I attached the textonly.css stylesheet to my post on the Opera forums in
    case anyone else needs it:
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=210058
    Nik Coughlin, Oct 24, 2007