    Thanks!

    Regards,
    Bernhard
    Bernhard Walle, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Bernhard Walle schreef:
    > Hello,
    >
    > somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
    > signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
    > have the source?

    Is http://www.cpan.org/misc/japh what you're after?

    HTH, H.
    Hendrik Maryns, Feb 1, 2005

  3. On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:44:47 +0100, Hendrik Maryns wrote:

    > Bernhard Walle schreef:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
    >> signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
    >> have the source?

    > Is http://www.cpan.org/misc/japh what you're after?
    >
    > HTH, H.

    I went to that page and ran the first japh (the 2001 one) and it printed
    this:

    Just AnoineasPerl Hacker

    Does it do this for anyone else?

    Richard Gration, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Bernhard Walle

    brian d foy Guest

    In article <cto7pa$vgl$>, Bernhard Walle
    <> wrote:

    > somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
    > signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
    > have the source?

    I think you want Acme::EyeDrops

    http://search.cpan.org/dist/Acme-EyeDrops

    --
    brian d foy,
    Subscribe to The Perl Review: http://www.theperlreview.com
    brian d foy, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Bernhard Walle

    Guest

    Re: Perl Code which draws camel

    Bernhard Walle wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put

    in a
    > signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
    > have the source?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > Regards,
    > Bernhard

    It's on the back of my shirt :)

    wana
    , Feb 1, 2005
  6. Steven Vasilogianis, Feb 1, 2005
  7. Steven Vasilogianis schreef:
    > Bernhard Walle <> writes:
    >

    >>somewhere I've seen Perl code which is very small (i. e. can be put in a
    >>signature of a mail) which draws a camel on the screen. Does anybody
    >>have the source?

    > I know of this one, but it's not small enough to fit in a sig, unless
    > you want to be annoying.
    >

    > http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/321a/ (mentioned by another poster)

    If I try the code mentioned there, I get the following, what is going
    wrong here?

    ---startoutput---

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 3.
    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 5.
    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 7.
    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 9.
    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 11.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 13.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 15.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 17.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 19.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 21.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 23.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 25.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 27.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 29.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 31.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 33.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 35.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 37.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 39.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 41.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 43.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 45.

    Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1, <DATA>
    line 47.

    mJXXLm. .mJXXLm
    JXXXXXXXXL. JXXLm. .mJXXL .JXXXXXXXXL
    {XXXXXXXXXXX. JXXXmXXXXm mXXXXmXXXL .XXXXXXXXXXX}
    .XXXXXXXXXXXXXL. {XXXXXXXXXF 7XXXXXXXXX} .JXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL.`XXXXXX. .XXXXXX'.JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL
    JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXmXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXmXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL
    .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX} {XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF 7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL
    XX^7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF 7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF^XX
    XX {XXXFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF' `7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX7XXX} XX
    `X}{XXX'7XXXFXXXXX^XXXXX `' `' XXXXX^XXXXX7XXXF`XXX}{X'
    `'XXX' {XXX'XXXXX 7XXXF 7XXXF XXXXX`XXX} `XXX`'
    .XX} {XXF {XXXX}`XXX} {XXX'{XXXX} 7XX} {XX.
    {XX `XXL `7XX} 7XX} {XXF {XXF' JXX' XX}
    `XX `XXL mXXF {XX XX} 7XXm JXX' XX'
    XX 7XXXF `XX XX' 7XXXF XX
    XX. JXXXX. 7X. .XF .XXXXL .XX
    {XXL 7XF7XXX. {XX XX} .XXXF7XF JXX}
    `XXX' `XXXm mXXX' `XXX'
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^
    7XFL7JX7X{LFXJFXXF\X7J7X{ }XFLFX\7XX7LX7J}XFXLFJ7XF
    `^'^^^^^''^^7XJLXX7X}LX{ }XJ{XFXXJLXF^^``^^^^^`^'
    .mJXXLm mJXXLm.
    .mJXXL .JXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXL. JXXLm.
    mXXXXmXXXL .XXXXXXXXXXX} {XXXXXXXXXXX. JXXXmXXXXm
    7XXXXXXXXX} .JXXXXXXXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXXXXXXXL. {XXXXXXXXXF
    .XXXXXX'.JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL.`XXXXXX.
    .XXXXXXXmXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXmXXXXXXX.
    {XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL JXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF
    7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF^XX XX^7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF
    `7XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX7XXX} XX XX {XXXFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF'
    `' XXXXX^XXXXX7XXXF`XXX}{X' `X}{XXX'7XXXFXXXXX^XXXXX `'
    7XXXF XXXXX`XXX} `XXX`' `'XXX' {XXX'XXXXX 7XXXF
    {XXX'{XXXX} 7XX} {XX. .XX} {XXF {XXXX}`XXX}
    {XXF {XXF' JXX' XX} {XX `XXL `7XX} 7XX}
    XX} 7XXm JXX' XX' `XX `XXL mXXF {XX
    XX' 7XXXF XX XX 7XXXF `XX
    .XF .XXXXL .XX XX. JXXXX. 7X.
    XX} .XXXF7XF JXX} {XXL 7XF7XXX. {XX
    mXXX' `XXX' `XXX' `XXXm
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^
    }XFLFX\7XX7LX7J}XFXLFJ7XF 7XFL7JX7X{LFXJFXXF\X7J7X{
    }XJ{XFXXJLXF^^``^^^^^`^' `^'^^^^^''^^7XJLXX7X}LX{
    The use of a camel image in association with Perl is a trademark of
    O'Reilly &
    Associates, Inc. Used with
    permission.#camelcode,copyright2000byStephenB.Jenkins
    #TheuseofacamelimagewiththetopicofPerl#isatrademarkofO'Reilly&Associates,Inc.#Us
    edwithpermission.

    ---endofoutput---

    H.
    Hendrik Maryns, Feb 2, 2005
  8. Bernhard Walle

    Guest

    Re: Perl Code which draws camel

    > > http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/321a/ (mentioned by another

    poster)

    > If I try the code mentioned there, I get the following, what is going

    > wrong here?
    >
    > ---startoutput---
    >
    > Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1,

    <DATA>
    > line 3.
    > Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1,

    <DATA>
    > line 5.
    > Newline in left-justified string for sprintf at (eval 1) line 1,

    <DATA>
    I got it to work ok by commenting out use strict and use warnings.
    , Feb 2, 2005