    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Blinky the Shark

    WebMaster Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm pretty sure some of the group besides me is using individual.net
    > servers. This is from a friend and fellow nin user: there's some .pif
    > malware being circulated, today, being represented as being from
    > individual net. Heads up. Details:
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/comp/ninspoof.html

    You must be psychic :)
    I do. Now how did you know?

    See if you can work this out :)
    http://www.richhook.com/psychic.swf

    Cheers.

    Rudy (not afraid of malware)

    WebMaster, Mar 2, 2005

  3. WebMaster wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> I'm pretty sure some of the group besides me is using individual.net
    >> servers. This is from a friend and fellow nin user: there's some .pif
    >> malware being circulated, today, being represented as being from
    >> individual net. Heads up. Details:

    >> http://blinkynet.net/comp/ninspoof.html

    > You must be psychic :)
    > I do. Now how did you know?

    It's a very popular service; I believe it's been recommended here (by
    me and others); I believe it was further discussed when it went pay-only
    last month (actually starting April 1).

    > See if you can work this out :)
    > http://www.richhook.com/psychic.swf

    I don't usually bother with flash; summary or HTML equiv?

    > Cheers.

    > Rudy (not afraid of malware)

    Doesn't really bother me here on Linux, either. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark

    > WebMaster wrote:
    >
    > > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    > >> I'm pretty sure some of the group besides me is using individual.net
    > >> servers. This is from a friend and fellow nin user: there's some .pif
    > >> malware being circulated, today, being represented as being from
    > >> individual net. Heads up. Details:

    > >> http://blinkynet.net/comp/ninspoof.html

    > > You must be psychic :)
    > > I do. Now how did you know?

    > It's a very popular service; I believe it's been recommended here (by
    > me and others); I believe it was further discussed when it went pay-only
    > last month (actually starting April 1).

    Joking... :)

    > > See if you can work this out :)
    > > http://www.richhook.com/psychic.swf

    > I don't usually bother with flash; summary or HTML equiv?

    Sorry, you have to see it, and I don't know of a html equivalent... It's
    actually some program that reads your mind (quite good). Of course, there's
    a catch :)
    Just fun :)

    WebMaster, Mar 3, 2005
  5. WebMaster wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> WebMaster wrote:

    >> > See if you can work this out :)
    >> > http://www.richhook.com/psychic.swf

    >> I don't usually bother with flash; summary or HTML equiv?

    > Sorry, you have to see it, and I don't know of a html equivalent... It's
    > actually some program that reads your mind (quite good). Of course, there's
    > a catch :)
    > Just fun :)

    If it's the guesses-your-card(s) one, I know how it works.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 3, 2005
  6. Blinky the Shark

    Toby Inkster Guest

    WebMaster wrote:

    > See if you can work this out :)
    > http://www.richhook.com/psychic.swf

    You think of a two digit number. Let's call that number M.

    M is two digits long. We'll call the first digit A and the second digit B.

    It asks you to subtract (A+B) from M to get a "final number" which we'll
    call F. F = M-(A+B).

    Now, M = 10*A + B, so

    F = 10*A + B - (A+B)
    = 10*A + B - A - B
    = 9*A

    Which means that F is always a multiple of 9.

    Check all the multiples of 9 in the table: 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, ...

    Notice they all have the same symbol beside them.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Mar 3, 2005
  7. Blinky the Shark

    > WebMaster wrote:
    >
    > > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    > >> I don't usually bother with flash; summary or HTML equiv?

    > > Sorry, you have to see it, and I don't know of a html equivalent... It's
    > > actually some program that reads your mind (quite good). Of course,

    there's
    > > a catch :)
    > > Just fun :)

    > If it's the guesses-your-card(s) one, I know how it works.

    No, it's another one, more subtle :)

    Rudy

    WebMaster, Mar 3, 2005
  8. Blinky the Shark

    WebMaster Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > WebMaster wrote:
    >
    > > See if you can work this out :)
    > > http://www.richhook.com/psychic.swf

    > You think of a two digit number. Let's call that number M.
    >
    > M is two digits long. We'll call the first digit A and the second digit B.
    >
    > It asks you to subtract (A+B) from M to get a "final number" which we'll
    > call F. F = M-(A+B).
    >
    > Now, M = 10*A + B, so
    >
    > F = 10*A + B - (A+B)
    > = 10*A + B - A - B
    > = 9*A
    >
    > Which means that F is always a multiple of 9.
    >
    > Check all the multiples of 9 in the table: 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, ...
    >
    > Notice they all have the same symbol beside them.

    Indeed :)
    Took me a while before I got it though...

    Rudy

    WebMaster, Mar 3, 2005