ot: please test my experimental site

picayunish

kchayka said:
picayunish wrote:

Then it doesn't make any sense to use a browser-specific stylesheet.
CSS that "works" for one browser may not in another. I didn't look at
the actual code in any of those stylesheets, but if there are any
platform-specific or browser-specific property values based on what the
UA string claims it is, you are going down the wrong path.

If the UA lies about what it is, what are you really achieving?

I was trying to understand if the script works or not.
That was why I asked in this NG if the script was working or not.

Thanx to the negative reaction I desided not to use the script.

rf

picayunish said:
Thanx to the negative responds.
I quiet, end this thread.

This is an example of a browser detection with js.
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html

A list of UA for mobile.
http://www.mobileopera.com/reference/general

Next time if there this detection script will shown.
Please explain why not to use the script and give some sample site to
under build your statement.

I suggest you ask this over in one of the comp.lang.* (clj will do) or
comp.infosystems.* heirarchies, or even microsoft.public.*.

Every week over there there is a thread about browser detection vs object
detection.

Those who support browser detection usually get flamed to a very black
crisp.
Somethimes there is actual evidence but the there are always a host of very
well thought out resons for using object detection.

You can preview at
http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q=browser+object+detection

Read a few dozen of the hits and let us know your reaction :)

Cheers
Richard.

picayunish

rf said:
I suggest you ask this over in one of the comp.lang.* (clj will do) or
comp.infosystems.* heirarchies, or even microsoft.public.*.

Every week over there there is a thread about browser detection vs object
detection.

Those who support browser detection usually get flamed to a very black
crisp.
Somethimes there is actual evidence but the there are always a host of very
well thought out resons for using object detection.

You can preview at
http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q=browser+object+detection

Read a few dozen of the hits and let us know your reaction :)

Thanx Richard.
I'll read some of those threads.