OT: Poll of Linux IDEs or editors

Asfand Yar Qazi

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is OT, but I would like to know from those who use Linux/GNU
what IDE or editor they use. I'm exploring other editors after using Emacs
for a long time, as I want features such as code completion, and tool tips
telling you what a function's arguments are, and so forth, and would like to
know what the "experts" use.

Thanks

vpointer

Hi, I think the best IDE on Linux is KDevelop. I'm not sure about code
completion, but it is worth user's attention.

Ben Pope

Asfand said:
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is OT, but I would like to know from those who use
Linux/GNU what IDE or editor they use. I'm exploring other editors
after using Emacs for a long time, as I want features such as code
completion, and tool tips telling you what a function's arguments are,
and so forth, and would like to know what the "experts" use.

For IDEs, the best are probably:

KDevelop
Anjuta
Eclipse

Followups to /dev/null since that comment is likely to cause an
unintended, off topic flame war.

Ben Pope

loufoque

Asfand Yar Qazi a écrit :
I'm sorry if this is OT, but I would like to know from those who use
Linux/GNU what IDE or editor they use. I'm exploring other editors
after using Emacs for a long time, as I want features such as code
completion, and tool tips telling you what a function's arguments are,
and so forth, and would like to know what the "experts" use.

emacs has everything.

Mladen Adamovic

Ben said:
For IDEs, the best are probably:
KDevelop
Anjuta
Eclipse
Followups to /dev/null since that comment is likely to cause an
unintended, off topic flame war.

Recently I asked about better editor then jEdit for Python, I had a lot
of suggestions (some of them like emacs and vim ;) I tried some and find
out that jEdit was quite OK.

Well, those IDEs your mentioned are without question most known Linux
C++ IDEs :)

Aleksander Beluga

They all lie. Emacs forever.
Just remark, this is said in a very joking and sarcastic tone and not
to be an offense for any other editors' users :)