    --
    To reply, take of all ZIGs !!

    Alternative email address:
    Asfand Yar Qazi, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Asfand Yar Qazi

    Guest

    Hi, I think the best IDE on Linux is KDevelop. I'm not sure about code
    completion, but it is worth user's attention.
    , Feb 28, 2006

  3. Asfand Yar Qazi

    Ben Pope Guest

    Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm sorry if this is OT, but I would like to know from those who use
    > Linux/GNU what IDE or editor they use. I'm exploring other editors
    > after using Emacs for a long time, as I want features such as code
    > completion, and tool tips telling you what a function's arguments are,
    > and so forth, and would like to know what the "experts" use.

    For IDEs, the best are probably:

    KDevelop
    Anjuta
    Eclipse

    Followups to /dev/null since that comment is likely to cause an
    unintended, off topic flame war.

    Ben Pope
    Ben Pope, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Asfand Yar Qazi

    loufoque Guest

    Asfand Yar Qazi a écrit :

    > I'm sorry if this is OT, but I would like to know from those who use
    > Linux/GNU what IDE or editor they use. I'm exploring other editors
    > after using Emacs for a long time, as I want features such as code
    > completion, and tool tips telling you what a function's arguments are,
    > and so forth, and would like to know what the "experts" use.

    emacs has everything.
    loufoque, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Ben Pope wrote:
    > For IDEs, the best are probably:
    > KDevelop
    > Anjuta
    > Eclipse
    > Followups to /dev/null since that comment is likely to cause an
    > unintended, off topic flame war.

    Recently I asked about better editor then jEdit for Python, I had a lot
    of suggestions (some of them like emacs and vim ;) I tried some and find
    out that jEdit was quite OK.

    Well, those IDEs your mentioned are without question most known Linux
    C++ IDEs :)

    --
    Mladen Adamovic
    http://home.blic.net/adamm
    Mladen Adamovic, Feb 28, 2006
  6. > Well, those IDEs your mentioned are without question most known Linux
    > C++ IDEs :)

    They all lie. Emacs forever.
    Aleksander Beluga, Feb 28, 2006
  7. > Well, those IDEs your mentioned are without question most known Linux
    > C++ IDEs :)

    They all lie. Emacs forever.
    Aleksander Beluga, Feb 28, 2006
  8. >They all lie. Emacs forever.
    Just remark, this is said in a very joking and sarcastic tone and not
    to be an offense for any other editors' users :)
    Aleksander Beluga, Feb 28, 2006
  9. >They all lie. Emacs forever.
    Aleksander Beluga, Feb 28, 2006
  10. Asfand Yar Qazi

    Alex Buell Guest

    On 28 Feb 2006 11:19:41 -0800 "Aleksander Beluga"
    <> waved a wand and this message magically
    appeared:

    > They all lie. Emacs forever.

    Lie! Vi forever.

    --
    http://www.munted.org.uk

    "Honestly, what can I possibly say to get you into my bed?" - Anon.
    Alex Buell, Mar 1, 2006
  11. Mladen Adamovic wrote:
    > Recently I asked about better editor then jEdit for Python, I had a lot
    > of suggestions (some of them like emacs and vim ;) I tried some and find
    > out that jEdit was quite OK.

    They all lie. Emacs forever.
    Aleksander Beluga, Mar 1, 2006
  12. The former two posts are in fact a lie. Vim forever.
    Vladimir Lushnikov, Mar 3, 2006