OT: Port 113

brucie

Sorry, I ment to hide port 113 of my machine.
And not smatching my knees into 1000 pieces.

a lot of machines have ports. i assume a computer running a flavor of
windows. install a firewall and configure it to stealth all your ports
although stealthing port 113 may cause problems on rare occasions.
zonealarm pro is the best/only for stealthing 113 as its smart enough
to know if you talked to an IDENT server and if not dumps the IDENT
packet retaining the ports stealthed status.

picayunish

brucie wrote in news:[email protected]:
a lot of machines have ports. i assume a computer running a flavor of
windows. install a firewall and configure it to stealth all your ports
although stealthing port 113 may cause problems on rare occasions.
zonealarm pro is the best/only for stealthing 113 as its smart enough
to know if you talked to an IDENT server and if not dumps the IDENT
packet retaining the ports stealthed status.

I'll figure out how to set port 113 to stealth with my firewall BlackICE.

brucie

I'll figure out how to set port 113 to stealth with my firewall BlackICE.

blackice isn't a very good firewall IMO you may as well not use one at
all.

it leaks and instead of the developers fixing the leak they changed
the program to detect if a leak test was being made and then lie by
claiming it didn't leak. you simply cant trust it.

picayunish

brucie wrote in news:[email protected]:
blackice isn't a very good firewall IMO you may as well not use one at
all.

it leaks and instead of the developers fixing the leak they changed
the program to detect if a leak test was being made and then lie by
claiming it didn't leak. you simply cant trust it.

What kind of firewall can I trust?

Dylan Parry

How can I disable port 113?

<disable port="113" />

....but seriously, any good firewall should be able to do this. Zonealarms
is a good choice for a software firewall, but you cannot beat a good old
hardware one.

Dylan Parry

i did suggest a baseball bat but picayunish rejected it.

Perhaps you should go round to his place and give him a demonstration of
what a baseball bat is capable of? Then surely he will see that your
suggestion is just great? :)

picayunish

Dylan Parry wrote in news:p[email protected]:
I didn't rejected the suggestion of the baseball bat.
I had to buy one.
Perhaps you should go round to his place and give him a demonstration of
what a baseball bat is capable of? Then surely he will see that your
suggestion is just great? :)

No need.
I already have a broken knees by smatching the baseball bat against my
knees.

However I love to go over to Australia.

picayunish

picayunish wrote in news:GWyib.10779$P51.313644@amstwist00:
No need.
I already have a broken knees by smatching the baseball bat against my
knees.

I mean smaching against my knees.

William Tasso

picayunish said:
picayunish wrote in news:GWyib.10779$P51.313644@amstwist00:

I mean smaching against my knees.

just so long as you're having a smashing time ;o)

Eric B. Bednarz

picayunish said:
brucie wrote:

If you are inclined to trust the advice you get in a newsgroup devoted
to HTML issues, I'd confidently say that the answer must be:
"It doesn't matter."
Really.
It seems to work just fine with zonelabs.
I also tested the ports with http://grc.com/default.htm

Ggggggggggggnaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Mr. Gibson is widely considered a security guru by himself and the
yellow press (unsurprisingly, since he's originally a marketroid --
literally /nobody/ doubts his professional expertise in that area)
and a clown by security experts.
and stealth all the ports perfectly.

Next vacation, put a board at the front door of your house, reading:
"This is no house."
Now that your house operates in full stealth mode, you don't even need
to lock the doors.