OT: problems mirroring python-list to c.l.py?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Bickett, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. I'm not sure if it's just me (or, indeed, just google groups), but my
    "python-list" folder (label, that is) in my gmail account looks less
    and less similar to Google Groups' comp.lang.python with each day.

    Not only that, c.l.py has been acting rather strange. Example that
    happened just now: Ali Polatel mailed[1] (I'm assuming) the
    python-list asking about pi. I responded, showing an interactive shell
    snippet[2], however on Google Groups' c.l.py it created the thread[3]
    as beginning with my post (undoubtedly causing confusion because mine
    was an answer not a question).

    Is there a reason that Google Groups isn't mirroring python-list
    exactly like it used to, or is it simply a conspiracy I'm not in on?

    perfectly-capable-of-conspiring-ly y'rs,
    Daniel Bickett

    NOTES:
    [1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-January/261966.html
    [2] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-January/261968.html