  1. Does anyone know of a good usenet group that discusses protocols such as
    tftp? I have been reading about it and am interested in finding a NG.

    Bill
    Bill Cunningham, Oct 26, 2010

  2. "Bill Cunningham" <> writes:
    > Does anyone know of a good usenet group that discusses protocols such as
    > tftp? I have been reading about it and am interested in finding a NG.

    Search your Usenet provider's list of active newsgroups for the word
    "protocols". There's a comp.protocols.* hierarchy.

    Nokia
    Keith Thompson, Oct 26, 2010

  3. Bill Cunningham

    Seebs Guest

    On 2010-10-26, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > "Bill Cunningham" <> writes:
    >> Does anyone know of a good usenet group that discusses protocols such as
    >> tftp? I have been reading about it and am interested in finding a NG.

    > Search your Usenet provider's list of active newsgroups for the word
    > "protocols". There's a comp.protocols.* hierarchy.

    You know, the idea of watching Bill Cunningham try to comprehend a protcol
    almost inspires me to search the comp.protocols.* hierarchy trying to figure
    out where he'll post these questions. I know, I know, in theory it's not
    exactly highbrow humor, but... Just as there is some slapstick that
    really *is* that funny, so too are there sometimes Bad Usenet Posts that
    somehow transcend the limitations of their genre.

    -s
    Seebs, Oct 26, 2010