[OT] Python, locale & Cygwin

..:: sjf ::..

Hi,

czy kto¶ spotka³ siê z podobnym do mojego problemu i wie jak go rozwi±zaæ?
chodzi o to, ¿e w Pythonie (2.3-1) odpalonym pod cygwinem nie da siê ustawiæ
locale - czy mo¿e ma to zwi±zek z nie zdefiniowaniem locale pod samym
cygwinem?

Is there anybody who know how to resolve this problem?
In Python 2.3-1 running on Cygwin is impossible to set locale
What is to cause it?

Jason Tishler

Is there anybody who know how to resolve this problem?
In Python 2.3-1 running on Cygwin is impossible to set locale
What is to cause it?

Cygwin does not fully support locales. The following is from setlocale
man page:

This is a minimal implementation, supporting only the required
```C''' value for LOCALE...

Jason

U¿ytkownik "Jason Tishler said:
Cygwin does not fully support locales. The following is from setlocale
man page:

This is a minimal implementation, supporting only the required
```C''' value for LOCALE...

Jason

....thus, my python program will not be correctly sorting the list elements?