    --
    ...:: sjf ::..
    "Stirlitz migiem uciek³ przez okno. Mig skry³ siê w chmurach."
    ..:: sjf ::.., Jan 23, 2004

  2. On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:23:11PM +0100, sjf wrote:
    > Is there anybody who know how to resolve this problem?
    > In Python 2.3-1 running on Cygwin is impossible to set locale
    > What is to cause it?

    Cygwin does not fully support locales. The following is from setlocale
    man page:

    This is a minimal implementation, supporting only the required
    ```C''' value for LOCALE...

    Jason

    Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
    Jason Tishler, Jan 23, 2004

  3. U¿ytkownik "Jason Tishler" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:23:11PM +0100, sjf wrote:
    > > Is there anybody who know how to resolve this problem?
    > > In Python 2.3-1 running on Cygwin is impossible to set locale
    > > What is to cause it?

    > Cygwin does not fully support locales. The following is from setlocale
    > man page:
    >
    > This is a minimal implementation, supporting only the required
    > ```C''' value for LOCALE...
    >
    > Jason

    ....thus, my python program will not be correctly sorting the list elements?

    ..:: sjf ::.., Jan 23, 2004
  4. On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 03:35:02PM +0100, sjf wrote:
    > U?ytkownik "Jason Tishler" <> napisa? w wiadomo?ci
    > > On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:23:11PM +0100, sjf wrote:
    > > > Is there anybody who know how to resolve this problem?
    > > > In Python 2.3-1 running on Cygwin is impossible to set locale
    > > > What is to cause it?

    > > Cygwin does not fully support locales. The following is from
    > > setlocale man page:
    > >
    > > This is a minimal implementation, supporting only the
    > > required ```C''' value for LOCALE...
    > >
    > > Jason

    > ...thus, my python program will not be correctly sorting the list
    > elements?

    Like Cygwin, I'm locale challenged. :,) So, I don't know.

    Jason Tishler, Jan 23, 2004