OT: RfD for German Newsgroup: de.comp.lang.python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Harald Stowasser, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I need support. Are here any german users? Because I want to write a RfD
    (Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python.

    I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

    ---------
    Hallo,

    ich brauche eure Hilfe. Sind hier User aus Deutschland? Ich möchte einen
    RfD schreiben damit die Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python erstellt wird.

    Würdet ihr zu de.comp.lang.python wechseln, wenn es diese Newsgroup
    geben würde?

    Harald Stowasser, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Re: RfD for German Newsgroup: de.comp.lang.python

    Harald Stowasser wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need support. Are here any german users? Because I want to write a
    > RfD (Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup
    > de.comp.lang.python.

    Try the german mailing list
    http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/python-de/,
    also via news: nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general.german.

    Daniel
    Daniel Dittmar, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Harald Stowasser wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I need support. Are here any german users? Because I want to write a RfD
    > (Request for Discussion) to create the new News de.comp.lang.python group

    Try the german mailing list:

    > I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

    probably not (one more source to check)

    Stephan
    Stephan Diehl, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Harald Stowasser wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need support. Are here any german users?

    Sure, plenty of them. You do know we have a german-speaking Python
    mailing list, don't you? => http://python.net/mailman/listinfo/python-de

    I'd suggest you post there and on de.comp.lang.misc, which currently is
    the de.* newsgroup where Python is on-topic.

    > Because I want to write a RfD
    > (Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python.
    >
    > I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

    To be honest, I'd probably still ask my own questions here, unless I
    have reason to believe that there are readers of de.comp.lang.python who
    can answer my question there. I believe Unicode questions would have a
    good chance of getting good answeres there, for example ;-)

    Another problem is if we'd want a bi-directional gateway from python-de
    to de.comp.lang.python and vice versa.

    python-de is currently 100 % spam free. With a bi-directional gateway,
    this would create serious problems. I as the list maintainer have enough
    to do blocking spam messages already and I won't have the resources to
    manually approve every single message coming from the NNTP side.

    Spam is less of a problem on a high-traffic mailing list like the
    internation Python list, but on low-traffic lists you'll get more noise
    than signal and people will quit.

    -- Gerhard
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jun 27, 2003
  5. Gerhard Häring <> writes:

    > To be honest, I'd probably still ask my own questions here, unless I
    > have reason to believe that there are readers of de.comp.lang.python
    > who can answer my question there.

    Also, as python-de is so low-traffic, I doubt many readers would
    prefer to have newsgroup instead of the mailing list. I'm personally
    happy with the mailing list.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=, Jun 27, 2003