OT: RfD for German Newsgroup: de.comp.lang.python

Harald Stowasser

Hello,

I need support. Are here any german users? Because I want to write a RfD
(Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python.

I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

---------
Hallo,

ich brauche eure Hilfe. Sind hier User aus Deutschland? Ich möchte einen
RfD schreiben damit die Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python erstellt wird.

Würdet ihr zu de.comp.lang.python wechseln, wenn es diese Newsgroup
geben würde?

--

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Harald said:
Hello,

I need support. Are here any german users?

Sure, plenty of them. You do know we have a german-speaking Python
mailing list, don't you? => http://python.net/mailman/listinfo/python-de

I'd suggest you post there and on de.comp.lang.misc, which currently is
the de.* newsgroup where Python is on-topic.
Because I want to write a RfD
(Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python.

I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

To be honest, I'd probably still ask my own questions here, unless I
have reason to believe that there are readers of de.comp.lang.python who
can answer my question there. I believe Unicode questions would have a
good chance of getting good answeres there, for example ;-)

Another problem is if we'd want a bi-directional gateway from python-de
to de.comp.lang.python and vice versa.

python-de is currently 100 % spam free. With a bi-directional gateway,
this would create serious problems. I as the list maintainer have enough
to do blocking spam messages already and I won't have the resources to
manually approve every single message coming from the NNTP side.

Spam is less of a problem on a high-traffic mailing list like the
internation Python list, but on low-traffic lists you'll get more noise
than signal and people will quit.

-- Gerhard

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

Gerhard Häring said:
To be honest, I'd probably still ask my own questions here, unless I
have reason to believe that there are readers of de.comp.lang.python
who can answer my question there.

Also, as python-de is so low-traffic, I doubt many readers would
prefer to have newsgroup instead of the mailing list. I'm personally
happy with the mailing list.

Regards,
Martin