OT: "Search This Group" not working here

Brian

With the release of Boost 1.40, I am planning to update this page
http://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html.

I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
I entered 'O_LARGEFILE "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
this group." Google groups reported no threads matched the
search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
terms. That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
"Execution time of code?." http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or

Have others had any problem like that? When I left off the
O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
threads that came up were recent threads.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Wood
www.webEbenezer.net

Balog Pal

Brian said:
With the release of Boost 1.40, I am planning to update this page
http://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html.

I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
I entered 'O_LARGEFILE "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
this group." Google groups reported no threads matched the
search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
terms. That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
"Execution time of code?." http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or

Have others had any problem like that? When I left off the
O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
threads that came up were recent threads.

GG search malfunctions for at least two months to different degrees, and
last time I checked (1-2 days ago) it was completely on the knees.

Francesco

With the release of Boost 1.40, I am planning to update this pagehttp://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html.

I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
I entered   'O_LARGEFILE  "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
this group."  Google groups reported no threads matched the
search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
terms.  That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
"Execution time of code?."  http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or

Have others had any problem like that?  When I left off the
O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
threads that came up were recent threads.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Woodwww.webEbenezer.net

I believe the groups are/were undergoing some kind of maintenance.
Some days ago I tried to login and I got a server error, then all the
stats in my groups' page where reset to zero and started reporting web
views, messages etc. from there on. Maybe they're just a bit behind
with the indexes rebuilding.

Francesco

Paul N

I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
I entered   'O_LARGEFILE  "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
this group."  Google groups reported no threads matched the
search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
terms.  That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
"Execution time of code?."  http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or

Have others had any problem like that?  When I left off the
O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
threads that came up were recent threads.

I've not been getting results from "Search this group", but "Search
Groups" seems to work OK. It's odd seeing the first produce no results
while the second produces a single result in the correct group.

Paul.