OT: "Search This Group" not working here

Discussion in 'C++' started by Brian, Aug 30, 2009.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    With the release of Boost 1.40, I am planning to update this page
    http://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html.

    I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
    I entered 'O_LARGEFILE "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
    this group." Google groups reported no threads matched the
    search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
    terms. That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
    "Execution time of code?." http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or

    Have others had any problem like that? When I left off the
    O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
    threads that came up were recent threads.

    Thanks in advance,
    Brian Wood
    www.webEbenezer.net

    Brian, Aug 30, 2009

  2. Brian

    Balog Pal Guest

    Re: "Search This Group" not working here

    "Brian" <>

    > With the release of Boost 1.40, I am planning to update this page
    > http://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html.
    >
    > I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
    > I entered 'O_LARGEFILE "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
    > this group." Google groups reported no threads matched the
    > search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
    > terms. That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
    > "Execution time of code?." http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or
    >
    > Have others had any problem like that? When I left off the
    > O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
    > threads that came up were recent threads.

    GG search malfunctions for at least two months to different degrees, and
    last time I checked (1-2 days ago) it was completely on the knees.

    Balog Pal, Aug 30, 2009

  3. Brian

    Francesco Guest

    On 30 Ago, 21:28, Brian <> wrote:
    > With the release of Boost 1.40, I am planning to update this pagehttp://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html.
    >
    > I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
    > I entered   'O_LARGEFILE  "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
    > this group."  Google groups reported no threads matched the
    > search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
    > terms.  That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
    > "Execution time of code?."  http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or
    >
    > Have others had any problem like that?  When I left off the
    > O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
    > threads that came up were recent threads.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Brian Woodwww.webEbenezer.net

    I believe the groups are/were undergoing some kind of maintenance.
    Some days ago I tried to login and I got a server error, then all the
    stats in my groups' page where reset to zero and started reporting web
    views, messages etc. from there on. Maybe they're just a bit behind
    with the indexes rebuilding.

    Francesco

    Francesco, Aug 30, 2009
  4. Brian

    Paul N Guest

    On 30 Aug, 20:28, Brian <> wrote:
    > I wanted to review a past thread on the subject of benchmarks and
    > I entered   'O_LARGEFILE  "brian wood"' and clicked on "Search
    > this group."  Google groups reported no threads matched the
    > search, so I used scroogle.org/scraper.html and put in the same
    > terms.  That came back with the thread I was looking for titled
    > "Execution time of code?."  http://preview.tinyurl.com/l9j7or
    >
    > Have others had any problem like that?  When I left off the
    > O_LARGEFILE and just searched on my name, the only
    > threads that came up were recent threads.

    I've not been getting results from "Search this group", but "Search
    Groups" seems to work OK. It's odd seeing the first produce no results
    while the second produces a single result in the correct group.

    Paul.

    Paul N, Aug 31, 2009