OT: Sorry if...

Neal

Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.

Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

SpaceGirl

Neal said:
Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in
the middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace
the one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.

Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

Beer? :)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Leif K-Brooks

Neal said:
Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

Dropping it down the stairs? It would fit in with me hurting my back on
the stairs, which is my excuse for typing badly (I can't lean forward
into the keyboard as much as I would normally do).

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

SpaceGirl said:

Ugh...I can't even count the number of keyboards I've fried with wine, soda,
etc.

You know, you can throw a keyboard into a warm soapy bath and let it soak
for a few minutes. Then rinse and hang dry it upside down. Make sure its
100% dry before you plug it back in though!

--Tina

Wÿrm

<snip>

Beer? :)

Urgh, I don't even wanna count how many ky KB's have died cause of spilt
beer (thats alcohol abuse, I know, can't help meself ;) , there's plenty
of beerykeyboardghosts haunting here 4 sure :D

Karl Core

Neal said:
Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.

Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

Depends on how much pr0n is on your computer....

SpaceGirl

Tina said:
Ugh...I can't even count the number of keyboards I've fried with wine, soda,
etc.

You know, you can throw a keyboard into a warm soapy bath and let it soak
for a few minutes. Then rinse and hang dry it upside down. Make sure its
100% dry before you plug it back in though!

--Tina

That's okay with generic keyboards. Not sure I'd want to try that with a
cordless bluetooth keyboard tho :D

I've killed a few keyboards with wine/rum/vodka over the hmm... <quiet
voice> last year </quiet voice>

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

SpaceGirl said:
That's okay with generic keyboards. Not sure I'd want to try that with a
cordless bluetooth keyboard tho :D

Yeah, and don't try it with your laptop either! *laughs*

Speaking of...my Jack Russell Terrier actually chewed off the keys on my
laptop. I found most of them mangled up on the floor...but I'm still
missing an "e" and a "f8". :-(

PS: I've already heard all the sick jokes about waiting for the keys to
come out, so don't bother.

--Tina

Richard

Neal said:
Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.
Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

I went to clean my dell keyboard one day and found out it has some rather
good protection under the keys.
Each key holder is mounted on a board above the circuit board, and there is
a small bit of plastic/rubber (??) between the actual key plunger and the
switch.
So it makes shorting out the actual board a lot more difficult.

In your case, totally disassemble the keyboard.
Rinse everything, including the keyboard in soapy water.
Now let the parts dry for a week or two before using it again.

Travis Newbury

Neal said:
Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

I would guess in a little peanut oil after a light coating of an egg
wash and flour seasoned with just a sprig of thyme.
Did I win?

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:
Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.

Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

You were only typing with one hand. Also a bit of porn involved.

Leif K-Brooks

Richard said:
I went to clean my dell keyboard one day and found out it has some rather
good protection under the keys.
Each key holder is mounted on a board above the circuit board, and there is
a small bit of plastic/rubber (??) between the actual key plunger and the
switch.

Every keyboard I've ever opened up had those little plastic things
inside. I bet they would make great cat toys.

Guest

Neal said:
Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.

Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

You were working with CSS2, tryng to get the positioning lined up but it
wasn't working.

After 5 hours of working with 1 little paragraph... your keyboard "observed"
your frustration.

Jamie