    one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.

    Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    Neal, Dec 28, 2004

  2. Neal

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in
    > the middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace
    > the one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    > letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.
    >
    > Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    Beer? :)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 28, 2004

  3. Neal wrote:
    > Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    Dropping it down the stairs? It would fit in with me hurting my back on
    the stairs, which is my excuse for typing badly (I can't lean forward
    into the keyboard as much as I would normally do).

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 28, 2004
  4. "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    > Neal wrote:
    >> Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
    >> middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
    >> one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    >> letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.
    >>
    >> Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    > Beer? :)

    Ugh...I can't even count the number of keyboards I've fried with wine, soda,
    etc.

    You know, you can throw a keyboard into a warm soapy bath and let it soak
    for a few minutes. Then rinse and hang dry it upside down. Make sure its
    100% dry before you plug it back in though!

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Dec 28, 2004
  5. Neal

    Wÿrm Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    <snip>

    Beer? :)

    Urgh, I don't even wanna count how many ky KB's have died cause of spilt
    beer (thats alcohol abuse, I know, can't help meself ;) , there's plenty
    of beerykeyboardghosts haunting here 4 sure :D

    Wÿrm, Dec 28, 2004
  6. Neal

    Karl Core Guest

    Re: Sorry if...

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
    > middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
    > one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    > letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.
    >
    > Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    Depends on how much pr0n is on your computer....

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":

    Karl Core, Dec 28, 2004
  7. Neal

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc. wrote:
    > "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Neal wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
    >>>middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
    >>>one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    >>>letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.
    >>>
    >>>Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    >>Beer? :)

    > Ugh...I can't even count the number of keyboards I've fried with wine, soda,
    > etc.
    >
    > You know, you can throw a keyboard into a warm soapy bath and let it soak
    > for a few minutes. Then rinse and hang dry it upside down. Make sure its
    > 100% dry before you plug it back in though!
    >
    > --Tina

    That's okay with generic keyboards. Not sure I'd want to try that with a
    cordless bluetooth keyboard tho :D

    I've killed a few keyboards with wine/rum/vodka over the hmm... <quiet
    voice> last year </quiet voice>

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 28, 2004
  8. "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    > Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc. wrote:
    >> "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message

    >>>Beer? :)

    >> Ugh...I can't even count the number of keyboards I've fried with wine,
    >> soda, etc.
    >>
    >> You know, you can throw a keyboard into a warm soapy bath and let it soak
    >> for a few minutes. Then rinse and hang dry it upside down. Make sure
    >> its 100% dry before you plug it back in though!
    >>
    >> --Tina
    >>

    > That's okay with generic keyboards. Not sure I'd want to try that with a
    > cordless bluetooth keyboard tho :D

    Yeah, and don't try it with your laptop either! *laughs*

    Speaking of...my Jack Russell Terrier actually chewed off the keys on my
    laptop. I found most of them mangled up on the floor...but I'm still
    missing an "e" and a "f8". :-(

    PS: I've already heard all the sick jokes about waiting for the keys to
    come out, so don't bother.

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Dec 28, 2004
  9. Neal

    Neal Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:38:10 +0000, SpaceGirl
    <> wrote:

    > vodka

    SpaceGirl wins the prize. Unfortunately, the prize is me dressed as brucie
    doing a goofy dance on a flagpole...

    Neal, Dec 28, 2004
  10. Neal

    Richard Guest

    Neal wrote:

    > Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
    > middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
    > one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    > letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.

    > Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    I went to clean my dell keyboard one day and found out it has some rather
    good protection under the keys.
    Each key holder is mounted on a board above the circuit board, and there is
    a small bit of plastic/rubber (??) between the actual key plunger and the
    switch.
    So it makes shorting out the actual board a lot more difficult.

    In your case, totally disassemble the keyboard.
    Rinse everything, including the keyboard in soapy water.
    Now let the parts dry for a week or two before using it again.

    Richard, Dec 28, 2004
  11. Neal wrote:
    > Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    I would guess in a little peanut oil after a light coating of an egg
    wash and flour seasoned with just a sprig of thyme.
    Did I win?

    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 28, 2004
  12. Neal

    Neal Guest

    On 28 Dec 2004 09:18:24 -0800, Travis Newbury <>
    wrote:

    > Neal wrote:
    >> Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    > I would guess in a little peanut oil after a light coating of an egg
    > wash and flour seasoned with just a sprig of thyme.
    > Did I win?

    No, but it sounds tasty...

    Neal, Dec 28, 2004
  13. Neal

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:

    > Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
    > middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
    > one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    > letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.
    >
    > Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    You were only typing with one hand. Also a bit of porn involved.

    --
    D?
    If it ain't broken fix it anyway.

    Duende, Dec 28, 2004
  14. Richard wrote:
    > I went to clean my dell keyboard one day and found out it has some rather
    > good protection under the keys.
    > Each key holder is mounted on a board above the circuit board, and there is
    > a small bit of plastic/rubber (??) between the actual key plunger and the
    > switch.

    Every keyboard I've ever opened up had those little plastic things
    inside. I bet they would make great cat toys.

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 28, 2004
  15. Re: Sorry if...

    Deep fried with lemon juice ?

    Alan Apperson, Dec 29, 2004
  16. Neal

    Guest

    Neal <> wrote:
    > Sorry if I screw up typing. I managed to fry a keyboard last night in the
    > middle of something, and had to buy a $10 cheapie till I can replace the
    > one I had. It's kinda sucky, but beter than the other one where the
    > letters that came out were not always the ones I hit.
    >
    > Who cares to guess HOW I fried the keyboard?

    You were working with CSS2, tryng to get the positioning lined up but it
    wasn't working.

    After 5 hours of working with 1 little paragraph... your keyboard "observed"
    your frustration.

    Jamie
    (rot13) User Management Solutions

    , Dec 30, 2004
  17. Neal

    Neal Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:52:05 GMT, <> wrote:

    > After 5 hours of working with 1 little paragraph... your keyboard
    > "observed"
    > your frustration.

    Heh, sorry. That keyboard has typed out whole sites by hand.

    Neal, Dec 30, 2004