OT: SSE2 function test program?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by David Mathog, Nov 18, 2010.

  1. David Mathog

    David Mathog Guest

    I finished the first pass of an SSE2 "emulator" of sorts, for use with
    code that requires SSE2 functions on CPUs that do not support it. It
    works by replacing the compiler's emmintrin.h. Once compiled this
    way, none of the SSE2 builtins are called, instead the equivalent
    operations run as inlined C functions. That much code must have a
    lot of bugs in it, and so I am now looking for a comprehensive test
    suite that exercises each and every one of the C bindings
    (__mm_srli_si128, _mm_and_pd, etc., etc. for, by my count, 221
    functions). Anybody know where I can find one?

    Presumably every C compiler group that supports SSE2 either has their
    own version of this test program, or maybe they all use one from
    Intel? In any case, Google turned up a lot of hits on the keywords I
    tried, but not the sort of test program I was looking for. Hopefully
    one of the folks here who works on compilers can point me in the right
    direction.

    Thanks,

    David Mathog
    David Mathog, Nov 18, 2010

  2. David Mathog

    David Mathog Guest

    Re: OT: SSE2 function test program?

    On Nov 18, 1:53 pm, David Mathog <> wrote:

    > Presumably every C compiler group that supports SSE2 either has their
    > own version of this test program, or maybe they all use one from
    > Intel?

    There are sse2*.c test programs in the testsuite of recent gcc
    releases.

    Regards,

    David Mathog
    David Mathog, Nov 20, 2010