OT: Suggestions for your killfile

Keith Thompson

I recommend adding the following people to your killfile (I have
placed these people in alphabetical order so as not to suggest that
one should be killfiled before the other*):

Antoninus Twink
CBFalconer
Han from China
Jacob Navia
Kenny McCormack
Richard
Richard Heathfield

* It's not possible to order their names by last name in this instance.
I believe ordering by first name is adequate, but my opinion on this
may change at some point. I shall restrict myself to ordering by first
names in this thread.

I don't want to discuss killfiles. I'd rather discuss C.

Richard

Keith Thompson said:
I recommend adding the following people to your killfile (I have
placed these people in alphabetical order so as not to suggest that
one should be killfiled before the other*):

Antoninus Twink
CBFalconer
Han from China
Jacob Navia
Kenny McCormack
Richard
Richard Heathfield

* It's not possible to order their names by last name in this instance.
I believe ordering by first name is adequate, but my opinion on this
may change at some point. I shall restrict myself to ordering by first
names in this thread.

I don't want to discuss killfiles. I'd rather discuss C.

Wow, I must have really missed something. Someone is really stirring up
the hornets nest here. While clearly a troll, it's very cleverly done
with the names - most of whom Heathfield/Keith would have others believe
are trolls because they (with the exception of Falconer) do not kiss their
holy arses.

vippstar

I recommend adding the following people to your killfile (I have
placed these people in alphabetical order so as not to suggest that
one should be killfiled before the other*):

Antoninus Twink
CBFalconer
Han from China
Jacob Navia
Kenny McCormack
Richard
Richard Heathfield

* It's not possible to order their names by last name in this instance.
I believe ordering by first name is adequate, but my opinion on this
may change at some point. I shall restrict myself to ordering by first
names in this thread.

I don't want to discuss killfiles. I'd rather discuss C.

You have not killfiled Bill Cunningham but you have killfiled Richard
Heathfield. What the hell is going on?
Why did you killfile RH in the first place? I'm glad you started using
killfiles and if others do the same we'll have less replies to trolls.
I don't use a killfile but I can manage not replying to others.

Others to plonk IMHO:

(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed), Bill Cunningham,

Martin Ambuhl

You have not killfiled Bill Cunningham but you have killfiled Richard
Heathfield. What the hell is going on?

Check the message ID to which you were responding. It is

Recognize when the (anonymous) assholes are impersonating real people.

Richard

Han from China - Master Troll said:
Thanks for showing up, Martin. In fact, I'm going to use you as an example
of what I was saying in the other recent killfile threads about my insulting
and attacking only people who insulted and attacked me first.

Here's a chronology:

Oct 31, 2008 - Thread "Han from China helps you with your killfile":

I'm sorry. I forgot to mention that I had killfiled "Borked", "Nomen",
and "Han". If more of his trolling, anonymous, sniping crap appears
under another name, I'll killfile those as well. The purpose of such
announcements is to warn others about your destructive, anti-social nature.

Dec 12, 2008 - I grill Martin in the thread "sizeof() and a structure",
which I've pasted below, where you can see what a complete and utter
idiot Martin is.

Dec 15, 2008 - Martin clearly hadn't killfiled me and did see the above,
since he couldn't resist piggybacking on another reply in another thread
("ENV VAR addresses") to make the following contribution:

"Anonymous" is an extremely sick person with no place in any society.

Hey, srikar :) Sorry you had to be exposed to CLC smugness. They
all think they're Ritchies or Stallmans around here.

(aside note : no you dont. You get the size of the space occupied by
the node, not the combined sizes of its elements which is quite clearly
what srikar meant).
Yes, if you want to distort srikar's perfectly clear meaning into
something else.

*bingo*! Totally clear to anyone outside of the CLC clique. But why
understand when you can get c.l.c reg points by being totally anal
retentive and pretending the common mans understanding of language is
insufficient to represent your many faceted thinking?
Yes, especially since the size of a struct node /is/ sizeof(*next);
(Refer to those elementary C books, which you should have checked
before posting.) We'd want sizeof(data) to be 0, wouldn't we?

Are unions objects, Martin? (Sorry, this is CLC.)
*LOL*

And otherwise to what?
*chuckle*

Another smug CLC poster goes pop.

I must ask, have you spanked Vippstar who was getting quite intolerable?
He even says "indeed" a lot now. I saw him getting quite in a tizzy when
he thought KT had killfiled RH.

Richard

Han from China - Master Troll said:
Does anyone else find it amusing that vippstar didn't ask about
CBFalconer?

Yours,
Han from China

Heh heh. It had been noticed.

Antoninus Twink

Heh heh. It had been noticed.

Here too.

Also enjoyed the irony of "Vip Star" saying
"I'm glad you started using killfiles and if others do the same we'll
have less replies to trolls. I don't use a killfile but I can manage
not replying to others"
in a message that was replying to a "troll"...

Richard

Antoninus Twink said:
Here too.

Also enjoyed the irony of "Vip Star" saying
"I'm glad you started using killfiles and if others do the same we'll
have less replies to trolls. I don't use a killfile but I can manage
not replying to others"
in a message that was replying to a "troll"...

Vippstar had all the signs of being a lackey a long while back. It seems
his transformation is complete.

Richard

Han from China - Master Troll said:
I'm afraid not, but I think we'll get our man vippstar eventually.

The only thing that came close was when he was trolling the newsgroup
by intentionally providing an OP with false information and broken code.
The thread is from mid-December and is called
"reading input from a system call". Here are portions:
*snip*

Please be aware that while free(NULL); is acceptable,
printf("Last line: %s\n", NULL); is not a good idea
in robust code.

Yours,

The thing is, people often make errors. There is nothing wrong with
that. But what really got on my tits so much was Vippstar rushing to use
his heroes code and making the basic beginner errors which any half
decent C programmer covers himself from in the basic framework
building. The q==NULL example being typical. No line read. Having ISO C
might be all well and good but its f*ck all use if you can not structure
into something maintainable and debuggable. Something some of the regs
here do not seem to realise.

HIS response to someone else would have been something smug like

"Chapter and verse of where a NULL pointer to printf is supported
please".

Keep up the good work.

In that thread you helped the OP I think. Helped in understanding that
not everything from regs smells of roses. It was also noticeable how
quickly the usual suspects ran in telling you to "show the problem
solution" rather than hint at it - something that is not always the best
approach and certainly something that, "JoJo" at lest, they are very
unlikely to do themselves either but for different reasons.

Chad

Does anyone else find it amusing that vippstar didn't ask about
CBFalconer?

Yours,
Han from China

Han, if you have a killfile, add me to that list. Thank you.

Chad

CBFalconer

Keith said:
I recommend adding the following people to your killfile (I have
placed these people in alphabetical order so as not to suggest that
one should be killfiled before the other*):

For the moment you can clearly tell the fake posts by the
Message-ID. The fakes use:

<[email protected]>

where the initial portion (before the '@') is unique to the
individual message.

George

Antoninus Twink said:
[15 quoted lines suppressed]

Vippstar had all the signs of being a lackey a long while back. It seems
his transformation is complete.

vippstar broke his clc cherry to respond to me. My theory is that he is
Michael Mair, who used to be the person who would crawl out to kill my
buzz. His first post contained my signature expression: tja.

--
George

The wisest use of American strength is to advance freedom.
George W. Bush

Picture of the Day http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/