    --
    Please visit -
    Water saving tips: http://graspages.cjb.cc/bigdry/

    Joe (GKF), Nov 21, 2006

  2. Joe (GKF)

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Joe (GKF) <> wrote:

    > In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
    > thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
    > Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
    > out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
    > Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
    > hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
    > the pump.
    >
    > Bewdy.

    Good on you, Joe. Just remember Aunty Dorayme's (it's ok
    Jonathan, capital D when prefixed with Aunty...) "Shower advice
    for Farmers"

    1. Don't shave in the shower, just use it to soften the beard

    2. Limit the time to 2 minutes

    These are the generous instructions for farmers only.

    For non-farmers, clerks, lawyers, web-designers, it is harsher
    and stricter:

    1. You have 1 minute and that's that...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Joe wrote:
    > In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
    > thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
    > Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
    > out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
    > Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
    > hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
    > the pump.

    The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles. - Robert
    Zimmerman

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Joe (GKF)

    Joe (GKF) Guest

    In article <doraymeRidThis-64530F.12034422112006@news-
    vip.optusnet.com.au>, says...

    > Good on you, Joe. Just remember Aunty Dorayme's (it's ok
    > Jonathan, capital D when prefixed with Aunty...) "Shower advice
    > for Farmers"
    >
    > 1. Don't shave in the shower, just use it to soften the beard
    >
    > 2. Limit the time to 2 minutes
    >
    > These are the generous instructions for farmers only.

    I decided to soak in a hot bath instead. Took a book with me. Heaven.
    It's nice to feel clean - it's rough when the goat tries to get up-wind
    of you.

    Joe (GKF), Nov 22, 2006
  5. Joe (GKF)

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Blinky the Shark <>
    vouchsafed:

    > Joe wrote:
    >> In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
    >> thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
    >> Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
    >> out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
    >> Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
    >> hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
    >> the pump.

    > The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles. - Robert
    > Zimmerman

    Charley took the handle and the train it won't stop going, no it won't slow
    down.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Nov 22, 2006
  6. Joe (GKF)

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Joe (GKF) wrote:
    > In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
    > thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
    > Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
    > out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
    > Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
    > hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
    > the pump.
    >
    > Bewdy.

    Sounds good;
    I reckon it's just as bad when the power goes out here at home, becuase
    you kind of need power so the pump has electircity to run.
    Otherwise your buggered.

    Chaddy2222, Nov 22, 2006
  7. Joe (GKF)

    Joe (GKF) Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Joe (GKF) wrote:

    > > ... today the bloke came out and reinstalled
    > > the pump.
    > >
    > > Bewdy.

    > Sounds good;
    > I reckon it's just as bad when the power goes out here at home, becuase
    > you kind of need power so the pump has electircity to run.
    > Otherwise your buggered.

    Yeah - which makes it bloody ridiculous that they turn off the power
    during a bushfire.

    Joe (GKF), Nov 23, 2006
  8. Joe (GKF)

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Joe (GKF) <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > Joe (GKF) wrote:

    > > > ... today the bloke came out and reinstalled
    > > > the pump.
    > > >
    > > > Bewdy.

    > > Sounds good;
    > > I reckon it's just as bad when the power goes out here at home, becuase
    > > you kind of need power so the pump has electircity to run.
    > > Otherwise your buggered.
    > >

    > Yeah - which makes it bloody ridiculous that they turn off the power
    > during a bushfire.
    > --

    .... time for a backup generator Joe. You can also get some
    pressure going by gaining some height for your water supply.

    All this reminds me to warn the city users of electricity to not
    put their washing machines onto such a full spin when it is a hot
    and sunny day. Letting the washing on the line for a few extra
    mins or hours is easy accessibility to solar energy, saving both
    coal fired electricity and the water that is used producing it.
    (If anyone finds this tip by Aunt Dora useful, please send $10
    and I will use it to buy Farmer Joe, a geni... if anything is
    left over, to get right proper sloshed with a quality bourbon)

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 23, 2006
  9. Joe (GKF)

    Joe (GKF) Guest

    In article <doraymeRidThis-DAEA76.12530423112006@news-
    vip.optusnet.com.au>, says...
    > In article <>,
    > Joe (GKF) <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...

    > > > Sounds good;
    > > > I reckon it's just as bad when the power goes out here at home, becuase
    > > > you kind of need power so the pump has electircity to run.
    > > > Otherwise your buggered.
    > > >

    > > Yeah - which makes it bloody ridiculous that they turn off the power
    > > during a bushfire.
    > > --

    > ... time for a backup generator Joe. You can also get some
    > pressure going by gaining some height for your water supply.

    sorted - kind of. The tank is waaay up the hill. Of course, there's
    never what city folk would call 'water pressure' out of the household
    taps. House water always comes via the tank.

    > All this reminds me to warn the city users of electricity to not
    > put their washing machines onto such a full spin when it is a hot
    > and sunny day. Letting the washing on the line for a few extra
    > mins or hours is easy accessibility to solar energy, saving both
    > coal fired electricity and the water that is used producing it.

    - with the added bonus that your clothes will smell nicer. Or maybe not.
    I don't know what city clothes smell like any more. Out here, bringing
    in the washing is a most pleasurable experience.

    > (If anyone finds this tip by Aunt Dora useful, please send $10
    > and I will use it to buy Farmer Joe, a geni... if anything is
    > left over, to get right proper sloshed with a quality bourbon)

    I do. Here's my $10.
    No, wait. I'll send it direct.
    No, wait. Whassa geni? Do I want one? - oh I know, that's gotta be
    Martian for "Genny" (short for generator). Bewdy. With the leftover
    money, I'll purchase a case or two of Kentucky Gentleman and maybe some
    Southern Comfort, which I'll drink while listening to the incomparable
    Janis.

    Joe (GKF), Nov 24, 2006