OT - The pump's fixed.

Joe (GKF)

In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
the pump.

Bewdy.

dorayme

Joe (GKF) said:
In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
the pump.

Bewdy.

Good on you, Joe. Just remember Aunty Dorayme's (it's ok
Jonathan, capital D when prefixed with Aunty...) "Shower advice
for Farmers"

1. Don't shave in the shower, just use it to soften the beard

2. Limit the time to 2 minutes

These are the generous instructions for farmers only.

For non-farmers, clerks, lawyers, web-designers, it is harsher
and stricter:

1. You have 1 minute and that's that...

Blinky the Shark

Joe said:
In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
the pump.

The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles. - Robert
Zimmerman

Joe (GKF)

Good on you, Joe. Just remember Aunty Dorayme's (it's ok
Jonathan, capital D when prefixed with Aunty...) "Shower advice
for Farmers"

1. Don't shave in the shower, just use it to soften the beard

2. Limit the time to 2 minutes

These are the generous instructions for farmers only.
I decided to soak in a hot bath instead. Took a book with me. Heaven.
It's nice to feel clean - it's rough when the goat tries to get up-wind
of you.

Neredbojias

The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles. - Robert
Zimmerman

Charley took the handle and the train it won't stop going, no it won't slow
down.

Chaddy2222

Joe said:
In the middle of the worst drought in 100 (or 1000) years, the last
thing you need is for your pump to go bang like ours did 17days ago.
Similarly, when it's 41C (about 105 in the old money) and you've been
out on the block, it's real bugger not being able to have a shower.
Fortunately, (finally?!) we don't have to wash oput of a bucket we have
hand-filled any more, because today the bloke came out and reinstalled
the pump.

Bewdy.
Sounds good;
I reckon it's just as bad when the power goes out here at home, becuase
you kind of need power so the pump has electircity to run.
Otherwise your buggered.

Joe (GKF)

Joe (GKF) wrote:
Sounds good;
I reckon it's just as bad when the power goes out here at home, becuase
you kind of need power so the pump has electircity to run.
Otherwise your buggered.
Yeah - which makes it bloody ridiculous that they turn off the power
during a bushfire.

dorayme

--

.... time for a backup generator Joe. You can also get some
pressure going by gaining some height for your water supply.

All this reminds me to warn the city users of electricity to not
put their washing machines onto such a full spin when it is a hot
and sunny day. Letting the washing on the line for a few extra
mins or hours is easy accessibility to solar energy, saving both
coal fired electricity and the water that is used producing it.
(If anyone finds this tip by Aunt Dora useful, please send $10
and I will use it to buy Farmer Joe, a geni... if anything is
left over, to get right proper sloshed with a quality bourbon)

Joe (GKF)

... time for a backup generator Joe. You can also get some
pressure going by gaining some height for your water supply.
sorted - kind of. The tank is waaay up the hill. Of course, there's
never what city folk would call 'water pressure' out of the household
taps. House water always comes via the tank.
All this reminds me to warn the city users of electricity to not
put their washing machines onto such a full spin when it is a hot
and sunny day. Letting the washing on the line for a few extra
mins or hours is easy accessibility to solar energy, saving both
coal fired electricity and the water that is used producing it.

- with the added bonus that your clothes will smell nicer. Or maybe not.
I don't know what city clothes smell like any more. Out here, bringing
in the washing is a most pleasurable experience.
(If anyone finds this tip by Aunt Dora useful, please send $10
and I will use it to buy Farmer Joe, a geni... if anything is
left over, to get right proper sloshed with a quality bourbon)
I do. Here's my $10.
No, wait. I'll send it direct.
No, wait. Whassa geni? Do I want one? - oh I know, that's gotta be
Martian for "Genny" (short for generator). Bewdy. With the leftover
money, I'll purchase a case or two of Kentucky Gentleman and maybe some
Southern Comfort, which I'll drink while listening to the incomparable
Janis.