OT: Those delicious Malted Milk Easter Eggs...

Mike Barnard

MMMMMMMM They are my favorite!

I have Highland, all butter, shortbread fingers on the desk. OK, who
else has what? Oh, and a glass of dry white from Chile.

Blinky the Shark

Mike said:
I have Highland, all butter, shortbread fingers on the desk. OK, who else
has what? Oh, and a glass of dry white from Chile.

I have long, powerful fingers on my keyboard...

Harlan Messinger

Travis said:
MMMMMMMM They are my favorite!

I had a few the other day. Um--as far as I could tell, they taste like
ordinary malted milk balls. (This isn't a criticism--ordinary malted
milk balls are tasty.)

Blinky the Shark

Baho said:
I didn't know sharks had fingers.

Any way.... how to do keep the key board dry?

Like my grades in school, I'm sometimes above C level.

Sherman Pendley

Baho Utot said:
Are you saying Blinky the shark is going to end up as fish fingers/sticks?

No, no, no!

Everyone knows that sharks are best served as steaks. :)

sherm--

Blinky the Shark

Baho said:
batteredfishfingers.jpg ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What are you trying to say here?

Are you saying Blinky the shark is going to end up as fish fingers/sticks?

I'm not about to let myself get battered. Sharks *do* the battering. :)

Blinky the Shark

Sherman said:
No, no, no!

Everyone knows that sharks are best served as steaks. :)

Just don't chop off the fin and toss the rest back into the sea to die.

Sherman Pendley

Blinky the Shark said:
Just don't chop off the fin and toss the rest back into the sea to die.

Do they still do that? Seriously? I guess shark fin soup is off my menu.
I may be a carnivore, but I'm no sadist.

sherm--

Blinky the Shark

Sherman said:
Do they still do that? Seriously? I guess shark fin soup is off my menu. I
may be a carnivore, but I'm no sadist.

They sure do, Sherman.

<q http://www.thailandlife.com/sharkfinsoup.html>

Increasingly on the high seas sharks are "finned" and the rest of
their bodies, often still alive, are dumped at sea.

Shark fin provides gelatinous bulk in shark fin soup, but it has no taste
- the soup has to be flavoured with chicken or other stock.

WildAid, an international conservation group last Thursday launched its
latest study on the global shark-finning crisis, including statistics in
Thai seas. Every year, the study said, 100 million sharks are finned
worldwide, mostly to supply restaurants for shark fin soup."

</q>

Sherman Pendley

Blinky the Shark said:
They sure do, Sherman.

<q http://www.thailandlife.com/sharkfinsoup.html>

Increasingly on the high seas sharks are "finned" and the rest of
their bodies, often still alive, are dumped at sea.

Wow, that's disgusting.

I have no problem with the fact that we're carnivores. That's part of the
natural cycle of things. But deliberate cruelty is just senseless.

sherm--

Neredbojias

Wow, that's disgusting.

I have no problem with the fact that we're carnivores. That's part of
the natural cycle of things. But deliberate cruelty is just senseless.

I saw this nature special once where they took you to a native fisherman's
place in the South Pacific. The guy's brother had been killed by sharks
years before, and he now spent all his time catching sharks, sticking some
kind of poisonous sponge in each shark's mouth in such a manner that it
couldn't be expelled, then releasing him alive back to the sea. The shark
eventually died, but it took a while. I can see killing sharks for safety
reasons, but not that way (-although admittedly I have considered using the
technique on my ex-wife...)

Ed Jay

Neredbojias scribed:
I saw this nature special once where they took you to a native fisherman's
place in the South Pacific. The guy's brother had been killed by sharks
years before, and he now spent all his time catching sharks, sticking some
kind of poisonous sponge in each shark's mouth in such a manner that it
couldn't be expelled, then releasing him alive back to the sea. The shark
eventually died, but it took a while. I can see killing sharks for safety
reasons, but not that way (-although admittedly I have considered using the
technique on my ex-wife...)

I saw the same program. He stuffed a spiny sea urchin into the shark's
mouth. The most absurd thing about it was that the brother was killed
landing a shark.

Neredbojias

I saw the same program. He stuffed a spiny sea urchin into the shark's
mouth. The most absurd thing about it was that the brother was killed
landing a shark.

<irony>But don't forget that cruelty-for-cruelty's-sake is one of the most
highly-evolved phenomena in the known universe...</irony> Heck, sometimes
I even feel guilty spanking my mistress.

Blinky the Shark

Ed said:
Neredbojias scribed:

I saw the same program. He stuffed a spiny sea urchin into the shark's
mouth. The most absurd thing about it was that the brother was killed
landing a shark.

And you thought landing a bomber with two engines out was dangerous. ;)