[OT] upgrading tomcat 4.1.31 to 5.5.12

Discussion in 'Java' started by isamura, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. isamura

    isamura Guest

    While developing in 4.1.31, I am able to see JSP page updates with 'ant reload'. In 5.5.12 it is no
    longer the case. It seems compiled JSPs are cached or not checked for modification.

    It will work if I issue 'ant remove' follow by 'ant install'. This seems to be a usable work-around,
    though somewhat annoying.

    I looked at the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml file and played with the JSP servlet options:

    - checkInterval
    - reloading
    - keepgenerated

    but seems to have no effect (yes I have restarted tomcat each time).

    Tried to subscribe to tomcat-user mailing list. It bounced.
    Tried to search the mailing archives but didn't see anything obvious (didn't have good search terms
    perhaps).

    Maybe someone here have an idea...

    ..k
    isamura, Dec 7, 2005