[OT] Visual Studio Template files missing?

Rob

Hi all,

My apologies for the OT-ness of this post but I kinda guessed that a
lot of people here would be using the above product for development
and hoped for a prompt response.

Here's the thing...I've using Visual Studio 2005 at home which I also
use at work, at work when I choose to Add New Item I get a "good
selection" - including "class" - but at home - I only have 6 options,
one of them is an .xml file and there's a couple of others, but far
fewer than at work and also no "class" option - imagine my delight!

I have checked my install options and I've got everything I need
ticked, but I haven't selected the languages J#, C++ etc, just
vb.net...

Can anyone advise please? I did also click on the link "Check online
for more templates" but it took me to a search site which when I
entered "vb class template" I got all manner of results.

Any information would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards

Rob

Masudur

[...]

refresh your IDE templates by using
"devenv /installvstemplates" command...
for this open the Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt.. and run the
command
for more info check out
http://munnacs.110mb.com/?p=17

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Rob Meade

refresh your IDE templates by using
"devenv /installvstemplates" command...
for this open the Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt.. and run the
command
for more info check out
http://munnacs.110mb.com/?p=17

Hi Masudur,

Thank you for your reply.

I feel a bit dim now to be honest - it turned out to be something a bit
different...for some reason at home the new project created by default an
"App_data" directory, I was right-clicking on this and choosing new item
assuming this is where VS would be telling me to stick my classes...when I
right-clicked on the solution and did this ALL of the template items
appeared, it then subsquently told me to place them in the "App_code"
directory...which it created for me...

Interestingly though, a quirk of VS no doubt, if I right-click on the
"App_Code" directory I have the same problem, so I either have to see the
annoying popup each time, or mark it to not tell me, create my class files
and always "move" them into the right place - shame I cant just right-click
and choose new item "class" etc...

Oh well - got there in a round-a-bout way...

Regards

Rob