[OT]Visual Studio / Visual Source Safe 6.0

Rob Meade

Hi all,

Firstly my appologies for the OT post - I figured that it was highly likely
someone in this group uses both of the above.

Probably a simple answer to this question so I hope you know! :)

I use this combination at work, when I check files IN I get the little
padlock icon, when I check them out I get the red tick. I've now installed
the same setup at home so that I can continue to work on my project and in
the same environment - when I checked the files OUT I noticed that the red
ticks have a small red exclaimation mark by them - now I'm not sure whether
this also appears at work in which case I dont need to worry, or whether it
means something which I dont know about.

If anyone could advise me on this I would be most grateful - it appears to
be functioning correctly but I'd like some peace of mind!

Many thanks for your time in reading/replying - and sorry if I've wasted a
few seconds of your time downloading my OT post :eek:)

Regards

Rob

Rob Meade

The red ! means it's checked out exclusively by you

Hi George,

Many thanks for the reply. I wonder now then what I have done or set
differently to that at work - as at work I just have the tick etc - any
ideas?

Regards

Rob