[OT]Visual Studio / Visual Source Safe 6.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob Meade, May 20, 2004.

  1. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Hi all,

    Firstly my appologies for the OT post - I figured that it was highly likely
    someone in this group uses both of the above.

    Probably a simple answer to this question so I hope you know! :)

    I use this combination at work, when I check files IN I get the little
    padlock icon, when I check them out I get the red tick. I've now installed
    the same setup at home so that I can continue to work on my project and in
    the same environment - when I checked the files OUT I noticed that the red
    ticks have a small red exclaimation mark by them - now I'm not sure whether
    this also appears at work in which case I dont need to worry, or whether it
    means something which I dont know about.

    If anyone could advise me on this I would be most grateful - it appears to
    be functioning correctly but I'd like some peace of mind!

    Many thanks for your time in reading/replying - and sorry if I've wasted a
    few seconds of your time downloading my OT post :eek:)

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, May 20, 2004

  2. Rob Meade

    George Durzi Guest

    The red ! means it's checked out exclusively by you

    George Durzi, May 20, 2004

  3. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    "George Durzi" wrote...

    > The red ! means it's checked out exclusively by you

    Hi George,

    Many thanks for the reply. I wonder now then what I have done or set
    differently to that at work - as at work I just have the tick etc - any
    ideas?

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, May 22, 2004